48 Hours Mysteries- JonBenet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The volume of things to not understand is immense in this case. I recommend Perfect Murder, Perfect Town to fully appreciate the 'what the hell??' aspect of everything from the crime itself to the utter bungling in the aftermath. In the meantime, we will have endless pointless discussions and debates on whether child pageantry is child abuse and all the while her killer will be free.
It's brilliant, isn't it?

Angela Harlem said:
The volume of things to not understand is immense in this case. I recommend Perfect Murder, Perfect Town to fully appreciate the 'what the hell??' aspect of everything from the crime itself to the utter bungling in the aftermath. In the meantime, we will have endless pointless discussions and debates on whether child pageantry is child abuse and all the while her killer will be free.
It's brilliant, isn't it?

I agree (on the book recommendation). I read it when it first came out and have been meaning to read it again, if I can find my copy. For some reason, this case has always stuck with me and I've read every book, every major publication, watched every TV show and every interview... I also took a criminal investigations class with a Prof who shares a similar obsession with the case and pretty much all we can agree on is that there are things that just don't add up. I don't mean to implicate one or both of the parents, but I do feel that with Patsy gone, we really may never know. Even when they picked up the alleged killer in Thailand, I had my doubts. Read the book, you will too.

The most compelling TV special I ever saw on this case was years ago, one of the major US networks interviewed the woman cop who was first to respond to the scene. Of course, there were many questions she could not answer or speculate the answer to, but I remember she did say that she feels she knows who did it, without a shadow of a doubt. The investigation was so botched within it's first minutes, it's no surprise we've come this far with only more questions than answers.

I read that book, it was excellant. The whole idea of it all is brilliant. The whole thing is just so shocking, and confusing at the same time. The really sad thing is, that even after ten years, with one suspect found, then released, that the killer is still out there. But the police are still keeping a eye on the suspect.

Back
Top Bottom