40 Year Old Virgin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Do you plan on seeing this? How do you think it'll be?

I might see it...depending on what friends and family say about it (screw the critics) I may wait until it comes out on DVD.

I planned on taking my 40 year-old virgin friend,

but, she met somebody while volunteering at the Braille Institute.

I'm definitely going to see this. It's so hard to find TV shows and movies now with sexual humor in them. :huh:

I guess the only thing more sad than a 40 Year Old Virgin is anyone over 15 who can be entertained by this. Sorry.

this looks hilarious thanks to steve carrell but i would probably wait till its indemand on tv.
im too cheap to pay 10 bucks for a movie where strangers are loud, answer phones, sneeze, cough and spread their germs & annoyance otherwise

Palace_Hero said:
Yeah, I'm gonna watch something primarily because of that wanker from your 'The Office', Steve Carrell.

Our Office was subpar, I'll admit. Maybe because it had to live up to a series that was perfect in every way, maybe it just wasn't good. Regardless, Steve Carrell didn't do a bad job in it and the reason everyone here is excited about seeing him isn't the Office anyway, I'm sure. It's for things like Anchorman and The Daily Show.

I'm going to wait to see what others have to say about it, but I may end up waiting for the DVD anyway

2Hearts said:
I guess the only thing more sad than a 40 Year Old Virgin is anyone over 15 who can be entertained by this. Sorry.
Originally posted by LivLuvandBootlegMusic
not worth $7.50

Wow, it's amazing how many people already know how this movie is going to be even though they obviously haven't seen it because it hasn't been released yet. Are you people clairvoyant or something? Astounding. :hyper:

Seriously though, I thought Anchorman looked incredibly stupid in the previews, and it turned out to be really good. Based on that and my love for Steve Carrell (and all things Daily Show), I've got fairly high hopes for this movie and I'll probably check it out unless I hear from some people I know who have actually seen the movie that it isn't worth seeing in the theater.

XHendrix24 said:

Wow, it's amazing how many people already know how this movie is going to be even though they obviously haven't seen it because it hasn't been released yet. Are you people clairvoyant or something? Astounding. :hyper:

I'm not exactly sure why you quoted my post, but I only pay for movies in theaters (thus the $7.50) to see Russell Crowe and new Harry Potter releases. :shrug:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I'm not exactly sure why you quoted my post, but I only pay for movies in theaters (thus the $7.50) to see Russell Crowe and new Harry Potter releases. :shrug:

Oops. My bad then. Guess I took your comment the wrong way. Sorry about that. No harm no foul. :D

Palace_Hero said:
A fucking wink smilie doesn't make your post light hearted, I'm badmouthing an entity who wont be affected by my remarks, you are insulting me directly.

Poor form.

i really do have to thank you. afterall, you proved me right. how? you ask. well because on your welcome back post you went on to say that nothing you say should be taken seriously and it's not in bad intent...well buddy if this is true for you..may i ask - why doesn't this apply for anyone else?
i wrote that post hoping you would prove me wrong and not have such an intense response but knowing that most likely you would to some degree.
:(

-------i digress

steve carrell is great in the daily show [havent kept up to date w/ the show, is he still on?] i much like the segment ' Even Stevens' with Colbert & Carrell :up:, very funny indeed.

Last edited:
steve carrell's facial expression on the poster/billboard ads for the movie cracks me up.

Back
Top Bottom