40 Year Old Virgin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watched Ebert & Roeper tonight and they loved it, for what it's worth.

I'll definitely be seeing it, regardless of what anyone says.

unosdostres14 said:
i love lamp.

:lmao:

I cannot WAIT to see this! I like Steve Carrell and I like stupid humor. I also love the movie poster and do a great impression of it I am told. My friend's boyfriend works at a movie theater and he got all of us posters :D. I am going to make my boyfriend take me as soon as it comes out.

I saw this movie tonight and if was fucking HILARIOUS! The commercials do not do it justice, after seeing them i thought I would be disappointed, but it was even better than i'd hoped.

GO SEE IT NOW!!!

I saw Carrell on Conan the other night and watched him with an open mind, hoping he would prove me wrong.

What a bland, boring man. How he has achieved fame I don't know. The 'polite German' gig that Conan loves was one of the most cliched pieces of nonsense I ever did see. And the clip of the film sucked the big one. The potser absolutely is the best thing about this boring man and movie.

IMO.

Palace_Hero said:
I saw Carrell on Conan the other night and watched him with an open mind, hoping he would prove me wrong.

What a bland, boring man. How he has achieved fame I don't know. The 'polite German' gig that Conan loves was one of the most cliched pieces of nonsense I ever did see. And the clip of the film sucked the big one. The potser absolutely is the best thing about this boring man and movie.

You need to see the movie before calling it boring. It got 90% fresh at Rotten Tomatoes.

Last edited:
Palace_Hero said:
I called him boring, not the movie.

Ok, I thought "boring man and movie" meant both. You should give it a chance. It is supposed to be really good, and most of the people that have liked it thought it would suck as well. I admit that the previews don't excite me much either.

Going to see it tonight. Will repost afterward.

bsp77 said:

Ok, I thought "boring man and movie" meant both. You should give it a chance. It is supposed to be really good, and most of the people that have liked it thought it would suck as well. I admit that the previews don't excite me much either.

Going to see it tonight. Will repost afterward.

Well you certainly seem optimistic, I await your review and may even see it based upon it.

Enjoy yourself. :)

Palace_Hero said:

Well you certainly seem optimistic, I await your review and may even see it based upon it.

Enjoy yourself. :)

Just saw it, too early for an in-depth review. But it is hilarious. Better than Wedding Crashers and possibly the funniest movie I have seen in the last couple years. I was actually crying from laughing so much. :up:

yeah, none of the clips i saw before hand were very good, and i thought the movie was going to be a let down but it certainly was not

I saw it tonight and thought it was OKAY. I don't really like really dumb humor.

But I got in for free, so it was worth it :wink:

unosdostres14 said:
I saw it tonight and thought it was OKAY. I don't really like really dumb humor.

I know what you're saying but I am not sure it was really dumb. It was more extremely raunchy humor that actually has a layer of truth to it.

The movie was also much sweeter than I thought it would be.

My wife actually liked it, and she hates stupid comedies.

:bump:

this is one of the funniest movies i've seen in a long time. i'm surprised that i enjoyed this movie because i thought it would be really stupid crass humor (well, there are a lot of stupid crass humor) but it is so funny. and usually movies that come out in late summer are not that great, but this is an exception.

i haven't seen wedding crashers, but my friends that have seen both movies think 40-yr old virgin is funnier.

joerags said:
Is this movie supposed to ridicule virgins or glorify them?

or both?

:hmm:

Neither really. But it actually treats the virgin fairly well. It makes fun of his little quirks (action figures and such) but never really his entire existence. He is treated pretty sympathetically.

And HelloAngel - I was laughing so hard I was crying.

I'm waiting for the DVD, but the director gets consistent good reviews from critics, which is rare considering "stupid comedy" is generally panned by every serious critic. That piques my interest right there.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom