30+ Old Calling Cards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carek1230 said:
I have a couple of these I've been holding on to and I will never use them. Do people still use these calling cards?

:yes: Well, I do! Never had a cell phone and don't foresee getting one in the near future...

^I had no clue people still used these! I have a cell phone but don't use it much. I don't know how to work half the features that are on the silly phone either!

Folks, they're NOT phone cards. They're calling cards. Back in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, when people visited you, they would leave a small card when they came to see you. When they called on you.

I KNEW there had to be more to this than long distance minutes but everyone seemed in such agreement

Equate these calling cards as our current Business Cards...they were exchanged during teas, banquets, balls...probably a social status thing...many of these cards that I found on the internet were somewhat "inviting" with sexual suggestions! LOL! they even screwed back then!!!

I found one with Alan Jamison's name! :lol:

martha said:
Folks, they're NOT phone cards. They're calling cards. Back in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, when people visited you, they would leave a small card when they came to see you. When they called on you.

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom