3 things we dont know about you, Interlander - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 10-21-2002, 05:43 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:32 AM
i'll add more:

one time i was five years old, and i usually took the bus home from school, well the bus didnt come, so i decided to walk home from school, and there was no crossguard at this busy intersection, and i crossed it and i nearly got hit by a car.

another time, i was in 1st grade, i went to make toast, and i ended up electrocuting and burning myself at the same time. i learned that its not good to have wet hands when operating an electrical appliance

doctors kept telling my mother i was severely retarded, and i may as well could have been, except my mother spent day and night teaching me to read, write, and talk. i didnt learn to talk until i was 5 years old. now im smarter than most of my family members.

my ex husband found weed under my old house 2 times. he called the cops the first time, and they came and picked it up. come to find out the people who lived in the house before us sold drugs and were wanted by FBI. they also housed illegal immigrants there too. made me sick to think about it now.

6 years ago i once set the airport behind my house on fire with fireworks. no real damage was done. they still dont know who did it to this day

i'll post more when i remember.

Old 10-21-2002, 06:05 PM   #77
War Child
Local Time: 08:32 AM
I'm left-handed but only for writing. I do everything else with my right hand.

I can hold grudges for years.

I have an obssession with "General Hospital". (I've been watching it off and on for the past 20+ years.)

Old 10-21-2002, 06:20 PM   #78
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
Despite being extremely shy in elementary and junior high - I won 1st place doing a dual (two person speech - Pease was the second person! ) in a championship speech tournament for all of southern california.

Every male in my family has broken some bone in their body except me *knock on wood*

Other than a little wine every once in a while when having a fancy dinner at home, I didn't drink alcohol (and in fact didn't really want to) until the summer after I graduated high school.
My business! | My hobby!
Old 10-21-2002, 08:03 PM   #79
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 09:32 AM
1. I have a scar from an appendectomy when I was 19.

2. I'm allergic to peas.

3. I once dreamt I was a two-humped camel.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:07 PM   #80
love, blood, life
Normal kiwimanda and meggy remind me of myself

- i also have a chicken pox scar between my eyebrows.
- i accidentally hacked into one of the notre dame mainframe during college and they shut down my and my roommates' computer access.
- i still sleep with my baby blanket.
- i'm scared of the dark and of birds.
- i grew up in ronald reagan's hometown.
- i write poetry.
- i can cross one eye. it's gross.
- i hate wearing socks.
- i broke my rib in grade school picking up my book bag.

that was way more than three.

Old 10-21-2002, 08:39 PM   #81
love, blood, life

Originally posted by Screaming Flower
- i still sleep with my baby blanket.

OMG. Me toooo!!!

Only, mine is my baby pillow, and it actually older than me. It's a hug pillow now, but I can't let it go.

Old 10-21-2002, 09:13 PM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 07:32 AM
Re: the very private side of kobe you never thought you'd see

Originally posted by kobayashi
1. i was once a top ranked provincial junior golfer
For some reason that sooo sounds like you. Out there playing in nicely pressed pants.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:32 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Originally posted by ti-hua
I'm left-handed but only for writing. I do everything else with my right hand.

I can hold grudges for years.
Interesting you mention these two things. People say I hold grudges too long and do it mostly out of stuborness.

AAAANNNNNDDD I just found out about 2 months ago that I cut my food like a left handed person. I hold the fork in my right and knife in left. I found this so odd and tryed to switch and if was really funny to watch.
Old 10-22-2002, 02:28 AM   #84
Jesus Online
Local Time: 12:32 AM

*When I was 16 I was allowed in to watch the Australian Ballet Company rehearse in a closed rehearsal for one of their ballets. I cannot remember which one it was as I was too struck by everything going on around me, but I think it was Le Corsaire. After that I was allowed to go to a class with the Sydney Ballet Co. It was the most worthwhile day of school I ever skipped.

*I can draw and paint left and right handed.

*I have changed career choices 5 times.

*I once won a national Fiorelli design competition. They used my design for a watch but never paid me.

*I have a unique chicken pox scar like all the other unique people between my eyebrows.

*I am just as boring as you all suspected.
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Old 10-22-2002, 06:07 AM   #85
New Yorker
Local Time: 09:32 PM

*I love to bite the skin around my nails, bad habit, but I just couldn't get myself stop doing that...
*I have had a haircut for more than a year... I'm too lazy
*I pressed the send button before i've finished this post
*I love photography. I always have a camera in my bag.
*I'm considering changing my sig... but I have no idea what should i put in it.
*I have a scar under my second finger nail. My finger was being smash by a door when an old lady tried to close it while my finger was still on the doorflame. I still remember the pain... Ewwww....
Old 10-22-2002, 09:06 AM   #86
Blue Crack Addict
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

Originally posted by HelloAngel

OMG. Me toooo!!!

Only, mine is my baby pillow, and it actually older than me. It's a hug pillow now, but I can't let it go.

oh god i am 27 and still sleep with my winnie the pooh baby blanket and the baby pillow that my mother made for me..hahaha...
Old 10-22-2002, 09:53 AM   #87
The Fly
this should be easy, as I only know a few people here...

1. I am an extremely bad driver with a profoundly poor sense of direction. I just got a new car though (a shiny new Mini) so I am trying to be really careful.

2. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up and I am already 30.

3. Frank Zappa's brother supposedly lives across the street from me, but I haven't met him yet. I think I saw him mowing his lawn once.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:40 AM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
i need to go to the bathroom, too

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing
Every morning on my way to school I drive to Tim Hortons and buy a medium coffee, milk, two sugars.

ok, i think this may be a confession more than anything: when i read this i flailed my arms, gasped, and giggled cos i actually know (and have BEEN to ) a tim hortons. (which is special when you're from the midwest where they aren't a prominent feature every 20 feet) (one time i went there with foxy, he had a bagel and an iced tea, i had a muffin and a milk that came from a carton opposed to bags.) (then this other time i went there to get some milk and i thought the girl gave me wrong change cos she owed me $4 (that's like not a lot for me ) and i'se all "you didn't give me my change" and she gave me coins then i realized she had and i gave it back to her, she thanked me for being honest and i corrected her and told her she should thank me for being an american idiot ) (and i got terrible giggles every time i saw a labatt truck, peoplen watching hockey, whenever people said "eh" {outside of when foxy and skeek indulged me and went into canadian talk}, the looks i got when people realized i was american , and when i was on a faulty aircraft with canadians who offered me a ride to my hotel. damn they were nice!!!)

so stuff:

* i've been a violinist for 11 years, in one of the best high school orchestras in minnesota with a conductor that has worked with prince and conducted the st. paul chamber orchestra (that's a big deal) (i finally grew my nails super long cos i am not playing at school and i came home from canada yesterday and lopped them off and i feel better)

* one time, at a john mayer concert, i found a street bum who was passing out fliers for martin sexton who had "MF" (main floor, that's better seats than i had) stamped on his hand so my friend and i had him lick his hand and transfer it onto our hands. *shudder* it didn't even WORK!

* i had braces for 17 months. between 7th and 9th grade, didn't even have them in high school.

* i used to play junior olympic volleyball, i was so good (apparently) they took me though i was 14 and the team was for 16-17 year olds.

* i have a canadian accent now. bite me, eh

* i'm long winded, and i'm used to getting paid by the word, let's implement that here. (we can use our STELLAR DONATIONS )

*now i'm going to my american politics class. good times.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:47 AM   #89
love, blood, life
--I'm allergic to cephalosporins (a class of antibiotics). They make me blow up in hives and make me short of breath.

--My middle name is Elisabeth (with an "s" not a "z", nod to my Germanic and Scandinavian ancestry).

--I won my school's geography bee twice in elementary school.

--I'm an editor for my college's literary magazine.

--My philosophy advisor is secretly in love with me (well, this *might* not be true, but I get a vibe...)
and you hunger for the time
time to heal, desire, time

Join Amnesty.
Old 10-22-2002, 11:16 AM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing

I should have been an English major: my english marks in high school were about 10-20% higher than my science marks, yet I decided to take science in university instead. I think I enjoy the punishment.
Me too!!! weird! (well not science, but math!)