3 Live Shows you need to see

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
This is a thread that I thought of after meegies last one about the best shows you have seen this year...
So, what band or solo act is on your short list that you have to see? You cannot have seen them before, and they must be current, (not broken up or dead)

1) REM (still kicking myself for not finding the time on this tour)
2) Bob Dylan (this should change, the man is ageless)
3) Natalie Merchant (im in love with her usually) :sexywink:

based on the small range of bands that i have seen live

1 - matchbox 20
2 - bruce springsteen
3 - the corrs

i'm sure U2 would be number 1 when i go to see them (hopefully on the next tour)
but they are on my number 1 bands i want to see list

On my have-to-see shortlist:

- Pearl Jam
- Radiohead (when I feel like it)
- Paul McCartney (why didn't I go to see him this year? :confused: )
- Spearhead

Off my shortlist (because going to see them in a few months)
- Bob Dylan
- Elvis Costello
- Emmylou Harris

ok I've seen a lot of people that I wanted to see recently apart from:

U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Radiohead
REM

I have seen all the bads I have wanted to see :shrug:

U2, Coldplay, Moby, Travis, Stereophnics & Muse......

But If I had to pick one......

I'd love to go to a Robbie Williams concert :laugh:

Mojave 3 :mad: at them for their choice of dates for London
Bob Dylan
Um...hmm...this is hard. I keep thinking of split up ones...Ok, I'm going to have a tie between the next two, because I really want to see them both, but in a strange sort of way:
Manic Street Preachers
Chemical Brothers

Good question...

I've pretty much seen everyone I'd want to see...except for these:

PJ Harvey
Coldplay
RHCP
Leonard Cohen

Bob Dylan
Van Morrison ( does he even tour anymore over here ?)(I must see this man !!! Voice of GOD ! )
Morrissey.......I used to love The Smiths , still do actually , so I'm pulling for a reunion tour,very unlikely I know ...

living in perth and all hardly ANY good bands ever come to perth

i have a list of bands i want to see!

U2
Radiohead
Underworld
Ministry
Depeche Mode
R.E.M
Manic Street Preachers - nah they're never coming to australia
ryan adams
the Rolling Stones - apparently they always put on a great live show regardless of how old or how senile they are getting

CrashedCarDriver said:
living in perth and all hardly ANY good bands ever come to perth

i have a list of bands i want to see!

U2
Radiohead
Underworld
Ministry
Depeche Mode
R.E.M
Manic Street Preachers - nah they're never coming to australia
ryan adams
the Rolling Stones - apparently they always put on a great live show regardless of how old or how senile they are getting

you broke all the rules...:|

This makes me think about some of the great bands I have seen.

REM
The Beastie Boys
Badly Drawn Boy

I am sure I am missing some

Think of all the spin-off threads this could start. Bands you have skipped, bands that are no longer that you would love to see, etc

Last edited:
browneyedgirl said:
Bob Dylan
Van Morrison ( does he even tour anymore over here ?)(I must see this man !!! Voice of GOD ! )
Morrissey.......I used to love The Smiths , still do actually , so I'm pulling for a reunion tour,very unlikely I know ...

Van the man does still play concerts - he had one here not all that long ago and I think hes playing somewhere in England as well before November

He was related to a girl I used to be friendly at school with whenever she said she was related him it took me like an hour to believe they could be related...she even had the surname Morrison - I am so smart :wink:

My friends dad is like a music agent/ promoter or something I am not really sure and Van had asked him to work for him while he was working on some new album and apparently he is really hot tempered - I heard so many hilarious stories :laugh:

Hmm, lets see, I've seen alot of the bands I want to see, but of course I'd love to see U2, REM and Coldplay again. As for bands I have never seen:

Travis
Robbie Williams (who isn't bothering to come to Adelaide this time around, we don't matter apparently):mad:
Pearl Jam
and I REALLY regret not seeing Nirvana when I had the chance:sad:
Cheers, Mandy

Springsteen
The Who (half dead's ok, right?)
Aimee Mann

EP, if you do go see Bob Dylan, make it be in a more intimate setting along the lines of a 2,000 seat venue or something. I saw him a few years back at a state fair and wasn't all that impressed, but then I caught him later at a small theater and it was a great show. :up:

kariatari said:
Springsteen
The Who (half dead's ok, right?)
Aimee Mann

EP, if you do go see Bob Dylan, make it be in a more intimate setting along the lines of a 2,000 seat venue or something. I saw him a few years back at a state fair and wasn't all that impressed, but then I caught him later at a small theater and it was a great show. :up:

If I go and see "Masked and Anyonomous", does that count?

:|

Three that I won't get to see:
The Beatles
Elvis Presley
Nirvana (had the opportunity...passed up on it :banghead: )

(I feel horrible that I have seen so many of the bands that you all list :yikes: I have been so lucky.)

Lara Mullen said:
My friends dad is like a music agent/ promoter or something I am not really sure and Van had asked him to work for him while he was working on some new album and apparently he is really hot tempered - I heard so many hilarious stories :laugh:

Yea.....I have heard before that Van is a little ....uh....difficult lol

Back
Top Bottom