25 Greatest Protest Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From the website:
Featured songs include: Black Eyed Peas "Where Is the Love"

:huh:

Is that a protest song, let alone one of the 25 greatest protest songs? I think I can find 25 protest songs better than that one. Public Enemy with Fight The Power, Spearhead with Crime To Be Broke In America (or even Rock The Nation if only songs which have a video may be included), Grandmaster Flash with The Message, etc.?

*fears that it won't feature Elvis Costello or Robert Wyatt with Shipbuilding*

Oh well, it usually beats the regular programming. :shrug:

I was just gonna say the same thing

if the list includes black eyed peas and, apparently, not Joni Mitchell's Woodstock...
then there is something wrong with the list

Well considering Vh-1 considers their core audience when compiling lists like this... I'll be very surprised if those songs are mentioned. And by the way, shouldn't the Credit for the Black Eyed Peas song go to Marvin Gaye's 'What's going on?' for obvious reasons?

I was totally thinking about making a thread about protest songs. :ohmy: I can't see the full list. Is Bob Dylan's Masters Of War on the list? If not then I'll have to laugh!

Popmartijn said:

:huh:

Is that a protest song?

Yes, but the lyrics are vague, bland and inoffensive so as to keep the song marketable.

REM should show up on the list at least once.

Oh, I know somebody wants to hook me up with a picture of Kevin Millar singing "Born In The USA".

Last edited:
man if GET UP STAND UP by Bob Marley isnt on this list I might have to go to VH1 headquarters, that would be awful.

i do believe that in order to be considered for this list, your song has to be available for ringtone download.

IWasBored said:
i do believe that in order to be considered for this list, your song has to be available for ringtone download.

:lol: Good call, my friend.

And somehow I doubt "If You Tolerate This, Your Children Will Be Next" is on this list. If only I cared enough to look.

HeartlandGirl said:

:lol: Good call, my friend.

And somehow I doubt "If You Tolerate This, Your Children Will Be Next" is on this list. If only I cared enough to look.

yeah, i don't think it is either. i didn't actually find the list. i closed the window when i found the downloads for the aforementioned ringtones :|

Back
Top Bottom