24: Day 6 - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who would have guessed that the season where they actually found the cojones to nuke LA could have turned out so piss-poor? :grumpy:

So what all would you like to see answered in the finale?

Personally I'd like to know what on earth the US gave to China to get Jack back.

Who was behing the Palmer assassination attempt.

Is Logan dead? Will Palmer make it?

Exactly why is Philip so involved in all this shit. "For the good of the business" is just way too weak of an excuse right now. And why is Josh so darn important to him?

There's probably a lot more too, but I have a feeling a lot of these questions won't be answered.

Chizip said:
And why is Josh so darn important to him?

Josh is his son

The business thing doesn't sound right as being the only motivator.

"There's money in the banana stand"

toscano said:

Josh is his son

The business thing doesn't sound right as being the only motivator.

"There's money in the banana stand"

I've heard people speculate that Josh is really Philips son, that will be really weird if it ends up true. But I wouldn't put it past the 24 writers to throw in one more ridiculously stupid thing before the season ends.

But even if Josh is Philip's son, he already killed one of his sons, and had his other shipped off to a chinese prison. What makes Josh so much more special to go through all this effort for him?

It'd be cool if another suitcase nuke goes off or something, even though that story line supposedly ended.

Chizip said:

I've heard people speculate that Josh is really Philips son, that will be really weird if it ends up true. But I wouldn't put it past the 24 writers to throw in one more ridiculously stupid thing before the season ends.

But even if Josh is Philip's son, he already killed one of his sons, and had his other shipped off to a chinese prison. What makes Josh so much more special to go through all this effort for him?

Jack and Graham werent his ?

:shrug:

My friend told me, I'm not sure if I believe him, that...

SPOILER

Tony Almeida will be in the finale

It's a good thing I read the spoiler, because it turns out to be true, then I probably would've shat my pants this monday night.

I was hoping the ending of this season would be Tony, Edgar, President Palmer 1.0, Michelle, Ryan Chappelle, and George Mason all coming back as zombies and helping Jack defeat Zombie-Nina Meyers and Hitler.

It'd be more believable than this entire season.

And of course, Kim would once again battle a cougar and survive.

Chase's new partner:

buster_bluth.jpg

From sfgate.com:

-- Another reason to never watch "24" again: In what has to be the most careless slip of the tongue in recent memory (or a cavalier announcement of how stupid television really is), one of the executive producers of "24" told the industry magazine TV Week that the show hadn't mapped out its story lines in two seasons.

Uh, what? You're running a complex serial drama -- albeit one that often makes no sense (which certainly makes sense now) -- and you're admitting that nobody knows where the story is going? Unbelievable. And yet, not. This kind of disdain for the viewer, which came back to bite "24" in the butt this year as viewers revolted and ratings dropped, should not be forgiven. All promises of fixing the format next year should fall on deaf ears. The producers have admitted that they're not flying the plane and that they don't know where it's going, which is a dereliction of duty. Someone at Fox should be fired for not keeping better watch on one of the network's most popular shows.

It seems that this season they are addressing criticisms of stereotyping people as bad guys. They are covering every group as a bad guy this season...Middle Eastern, Russian, Chinese, American.

Hopefully next year they will address criticisms of what a shitty season this has been and get better writers.

I hope that it gets better and sets up Day 7 in a way that gets viewers excited again.

Wishful thinking? Maybe, but we'll have to see what happens tonight.

Watching that mini-marathon the other night reminded me of why I got so into the show in the first place, and how far its fallen this season.

:wink:

Someone needs to photoshop Kim into Lindsay's SLUT shirt. Too much comedy there for me to handle.

So I watched a few repeats of Season 5 on A&E this past week, and I'm wondering how in the HELL this show has fallen so far in only one year! The whole "we don't plan ahead" thing is a little sketchy, but last season it worked really well in spite of that (or maybe despite it)... :sigh:

I'd completely forgotten that the season finale was on tonight, it's gotten so bad. Last year at this time I was planning my entire day around the last 2 hours of 24. :down:

I am looking forward to see how they plan to wrap this season up tonight....they have a helluva lot of shit to tie up!:|

end of hour one....

could this actually be a dose of realism in the show? Is someone actually feeling the effects of fatigue after 24 straight hours in high pressure situations?

Why, next time we'll actually see people eating and going to the bathroom!
[/sarcasm]

Gawd, what the hell are they doing over there with that Chloe sidestory? I'm gonna barf!!

WTF?!!? The last 15 minutes feels like a sappy episode of ER or a Schwarzenegger action flick.

Thank god that season is over and hopefully the producers respond to the critics and come back next season with a kick ass year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom