24: Day 6 - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first four hours were amazing and it's been all downhill from there. I think people tuning in for the first time will think this season is fantastic.

But we've seen it all before. The mole at CTU, infighting and rivalries between agents at CTU, new people brought in from division and now even an attempt to remove the president because he is "incapable" of doing his job.

I swear, when I saw Milo grab Nadia like that and kiss her like it's some cheeesy B-movie or soap opera I could taste the vomit in the back of my mouth.:yuck:

There may be those that disagree with me but to each their own. I'm not impressed one bit.

BonoManiac said:

I swear, when I saw Milo grab Nadia like that and kiss her like it's some cheeesy B-movie or soap opera I could taste the vomit in the back of my mouth.:yuck:

They're certainly no Tony and Michelle.

I keep thinking, oh next week is gonna be great, but then it's just kinda meh

phanan said:
Apparently the odd numbered days are better for this show.

Kind of like how the even numbered Star Trek movies were better.

Sad, but strangely true.

Star Trek III was pretty good though, and Nemesis was horrendous.

phanan said:
I'd like to think that Nemesis doesn't exist.

I'm the same with V / Shatner's vanity project.

Anyway, who's sick of the "slightly insane lower guy tries to have the higher ranked guy removed from office" plotline? Seeing as though the EXACT SAME THING happened to David Palmer about 56 seasons ago.

And Rudy McGill did it to Buchanan last season.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I'm the same with V / Shatner's vanity project.

Anyway, who's sick of the "slightly insane lower guy tries to have the higher ranked guy removed from office" plotline? Seeing as though the EXACT SAME THING happened to David Palmer about 56 seasons ago.

And Rudy McGill did it to Buchanan last season.

Forget the repetition of plot, I want to know what exactly happened between the scene where the doctor yelled 'he's crashing' and we had no idea whether or not Wayne was going to wake up or die and the scene that came not five minutes later where a conscious, coherent, alert, not-at-all-groggy-or-weak-like-someone-who-was-just-in-a-coma-five-minutes-ago-should -be Wayne called off the attack.

Are we supposed to believe that?

plusssss Wayne Palmer has been seen wearing a wedding band. Where is the first lady?? Wouldn't it be her decision on the coma thing? Or is she dead? That would be something you'd think they would mention.

:yawn: I finally caught up with the last three episodes of this show. I don't think there was a moment where I wasn't laughing at the absurd plot twists or the painfully cheesy dialogue. I agree with U2@NYC, this season is severely lacking creativity.

I think this show could vastly improve if it was cut down to a 12-episode season - less need for useless filler; more room for mindless action :drool:

BonoManiac said:
The first four hours were amazing and it's been all downhill from there. I think people tuning in for the first time will think this season is fantastic.

But we've seen it all before. The mole at CTU, infighting and rivalries between agents at CTU, new people brought in from division and now even an attempt to remove the president because he is "incapable" of doing his job.

There may be those that disagree with me but to each their own. I'm not impressed one bit.

:up::up::up:

Great...I stayed out of this thread for three weeks until I caught up with the show and there was still a spoiler :lol:

anyway...

As far as I understand from what Keifer Sutherland's been saying, there will be 8 seasons of 24 plus a movie (probably next year) and that he's pretty sure Jack will die in the LAST season (season 8)

Yeah...the last ten minutes were good but other than that :huh:...They're seriously trying to make it look like something bad's gonna happen to Jack next week aren't they :lol:

bono_212 said:
Great...I stayed out of this thread for three weeks until I caught up with the show and there was still a spoiler :lol:

anyway...

As far as I understand from what Keifer Sutherland's been saying, there will be 8 seasons of 24 plus a movie (probably next year) and that he's pretty sure Jack will die in the LAST season (season 8)

Jack can't die he just can't.:(

Well I don't think Keifer knows himself, he was just saying in his opinion he doesn't see how the show could realistically end with Jack still living :sad:

Meh, it was an ok episode. The ending got my attention, though. I think it sounds like Palmer just does it as a threat but eventually calls it off while the missiles are in the air.

Fayed: I hope your friend dies
Jack: SHUT UP! *kick*

Hee. That part was almost as awesome as Chloe tasering that drunken guy in the bar last season. Twice.

But the rest of it? I'm getting bored with this show, and I didn't think that was possible. Not nearly enough Jack (or Chloe, for that matter.) The last 20 minutes were interesting, but I don't buy Wayne launching the nukes for a minute. Where the hell did that come from? So ridiculously out-of-character from what's been established so far this season, coma or no coma.

Not to mention I can't stand Powers Boothe. He was the one sore spot for me on the otherwise brilliant "Deadwood," and he's done nothing but annoy me here, because he's playing the exact same character. All he needs is a mustache to twirl. Ugh.

wow that may have been the most boring episode of 24 ever, the twist at the end was pretty ridiculous too

Last edited:
Christ, political drama is fucking BORING

I don't see how Palmer had absolutely no concern about the attack on his life or what was the cause of it :confused:

And you'd think that Lennox would've told him the circumstances of the attack despite that agreement he made with the VP :confused:

I miss Kim :confused:

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:

I don't see how Palmer had absolutely no concern about the attack on his life or what was the cause of it :confused:

yeah you'd think the first question coming out of the coma would be who tried to kill him. and you know he wouldn't accept that it was Assad, and he'd try to find out who really did it. And you'd think Lennox would want to tell hin the truth, yet nothing has been made of this.

Ok Fox went out for about 5 minutes last night:mad:

Don't read on if you didn't watch last night!!!

It went out as soon as Jack found the arm. After several minutes of pitch black Jack had Fayed and the Russian was stumbling on the beach.

So what the hell happened?

Jack followed the trail of blood from Gredenko's arm as Gredenko, Fayed and 2 of Fayed's flunkies fled on foot. He encountered them and killed the 2 flunkies...Gredenko and Fayed got away, went into a bar at Santa Monica pier...Gredenko yells..."thats the guy, thats the terrorist they're looking for" pointing to Fayed, the bar patrons have been watching the news, one says, "that is the guy", Fayed shoots him and the other bar patrons pounce on Fayed and pummel him while Gredenko slips out a door.
Jack enters, fires his gun to stop the mob, kicks Fayed in the face as has been noted above and cuffs him.
Gredenko is seen stumbling on the beach under the pier bleeding until he collapses.

Allanah said:

Not to mention I can't stand Powers Boothe. He was the one sore spot for me on the otherwise brilliant "Deadwood," and he's done nothing but annoy me here, because he's playing the exact same character. All he needs is a mustache to twirl. Ugh.

:ohmy:

Powers Booth Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outside of the first four hours this season has been a huge disappointment. Monday nights used to be Must See TV for me. I would schedule everything around 24. I would even try to leave work early to make it on time.

This season has not elicited the same passion from me. I just happen to remember: "Oh,24 is on tonight."

This season is just a repeat of tired cliches. I was fine with the charcaters killed last season but right now I really miss Tony,Michelle,Edgar and David Palmer. Outside of a few characters (Pres. Logan) no one has even remotely stepped up to fill the void.

Back
Top Bottom