24: Day 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or do you find the dialogue this season somewhat comical....or at least comic-book like. I find the acting over the top at times.

Example in last night's episode:

Graham(to his henchman): Make sure the job goes according to plan. I don't need any more mistakes.

Henchman: Don't worry.

Graham: It's my job to worry.

I'm paraphrasing from memory of course but that exchange just made me roll my eyes. The conversation between Chloe and Milo about Morris' brother is another example.

Is it bad acting? Bad writing? Or is it just that I'm getting used to the same formula after 6 seasons and the dialogue is getting boring? There's more examples of this type of silly dialogue happening this season.

why didnt Jacks dad let the 2 henchmen kill Jack at the beginning of the episode?

I think I really prefer watching this show on the DVDs rather than as it's going on. The week off between shows gives you too much time to analyze all of the ridiculous parts of the script. When you watch it on DVD you just go from one episode to the next without thinking about it too much and just enjoying the action.

Like the end of last night's episode was so ridiculous. The CTU agents had everything packed up and out of the room, except for the IV they left attached to Graem and a full syringe they left sitting around? Then they allow the Dad to go in there alone? Come on.

If they don't figure out that it was Philip who killed Graem within the next hour, then I'm going to be pissed. There is just too much evidence. The extra 8 ccs of the stuff they use will be missing, his fingerprints will be on the syringe, it's very odd that he didn't call for help while Graem was having the seizure, but after he was already dead... I mean its pretty damn easy to see Jacks dad killed him.

And you're telling me with alllll the resources CTU has, there was no possible way for Morris to get through to the hospital?

Last edited:
Well, it looks like our favorite invincible Bauer won't be dying this season (or next for that matter)

Kiefer Sutherland Faces Mirrors

'24' star Kiefer Sutherland is to play the lead role in a new supernatural thriller called 'Mirrors'.

Variety reports that Sutherland was available for casting in the film because plans to bring '24' to the big screen have been postponed.

The script for the film version of '24' has yet to be completed and the film will not now be shot until next summer, after Sutherland finishes work on the seventh season of the thriller series.

'Mirrors' tells the story of a former police officer who works as a security guard in a mall and discovers something disturbing about the mirrors in a department store.

The film will be directed by French director Alexandre Aja; his credits include the cult horror film 'Switchblade Romance' and last year's remake of the 1970s horror 'The Hills Have Eyes'.

Shooting on 'Mirrors' begins on 1 May in Romania.

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=18765

LemonMacPhisto said:
The Graem torture scenes were funny and sad at the same time.

Funny = Graem's squirming
Sad = Jack during the entire thing.

I thought all of it was hilarious. I've stopped taking this show seriously a long time ago :cool:

As much as I love this show, it needs to end either at the movie or after.

I don't know how many radically fundamentalist Muslims / Russian / British bad guys fueled by some American defense contractor / oil magnate / crime syndicate plotlines I can take.

Atleast bring me some Cuthbert this season, even if it involves Jack finding her pictures on Maxim and looking at them for the entire hour.

Please.

LemonMacPhisto said:
As much as I love this show, it needs to end either at the movie or after.

I don't know how many radically fundamentalist Muslims / Russian / British bad guys fueled by some American defense contractor / oil magnate / crime syndicate plotlines I can take.

Atleast bring me some Cuthbert this season, even if it involves Jack finding her pictures on Maxim and looking at them for the entire hour.

Please.

:up: to everything except the last part. :wink:

:lol: QB

Queen Bee said:
I was agreeing with ya until you got to the part about Cuthbert.

Zombie Palmer facing off with Pres Logan is where it's at, LMP.

Fair enough, I'll keep my Cuthbert love to myself.

Oh no freaking doubt, that's the entire plotline of Season 16:

A radically fundamentalist Muslim group unleashes Sentox Nerve Gas 2.0 which brings the dead to life! In other news, Tony is still 3 feet tall.

:hyper:

Last edited:
I can't believe the VP disagrees with the president, what a shocking new plotline we've never seen before!

The Bauer Bunch (Sung to the tune of "The Brady Bunch" )

Here's the story, of a man named Phillip, who at 6 feet 5 sired two "Mugsy Bouge" sized boys

Jack had hair of gold and looked nothing like his father, the youngest one, Graem, was bald.

Graem grew up and fell in love with Marilyn, but nagging doubts led him to a hunch,

One day he left the office and snuck home early, catching Marilyn bagging Jack for lunch.

Jack left home and went to college, hoping to someday work for special ops,

He graduated in three years Magna Cum Laude, a degree in torture with a minor in elec-troooo-shock.

Phillip was a government weapons contractor, making millions from others war and strife,

His company floundered when the cold war ended, as did the marriage to his freakishly short wife.

Graem went to work for his father, and although business was a little slack, he worked long hours each day in the office,

Coming home each night to a son who looked like Jack.

Then one day Phillip had an idea,

Lets call Logan and start a war of our own,

We can scare the country and make piles of money, while they debate about us on the "No Spin Zone".

Graem thought the idea was genius, Logan said the old man must be going zany,

"Graem, who starts a war when there's not one?", all the time smiling at his autographed picture of Dick Cheney.

The Bauer Bunch, The Bauer Bunch, that's the wayyyyyyy, theyyy became the Bauer Bunch.

Chizip said:

Like the end of last night's episode was so ridiculous. The CTU agents had everything packed up and out of the room, except for the IV they left attached to Graem and a full syringe they left sitting around? Then they allow the Dad to go in there alone? Come on.

And you're telling me with alllll the resources CTU has, there was no possible way for Morris to get through to the hospital?

You don't think Dad Bauer didn't have his own evil guy supply of torture IV's handy? And the CTU agents wouldn't have allowed Dad Bauer to talk to one of his sons for a moment (because they don't know he's evil)?

I did find the "all circuits are busy" thing a bit implausible. But hey, the nuke had just gone off. Who knows, maybe half of LA was claiming to be CTU to try to get their calls through.

I've stopped taking this show seriously a long time ago. :cool:

The very best way to watch 24, IMHO. :cool:

Has anyone seen the latest issue of TV Guide? It has a pullout 24 section that goes over quite a few things, including when our favorite characters from last season (Logan, Martha, Aaron) will be showing up.

And yes, Audrey is coming back, but at least it won't be "for a while", as was quoted. So hopefully not until the end of the season.

No mention of Kim. :wink:

phanan said:
Has anyone seen the latest issue of TV Guide? It has a pullout 24 section that goes over quite a few things, including when our favorite characters from last season (Logan, Martha, Aaron) will be showing up.

And yes, Audrey is coming back, but at least it won't be "for a while", as was quoted. So hopefully not until the end of the season.

No mention of Kim. :wink:

Yay. :happy:

5-JamesMorrison.jpg

I think we might see the beginnings of Tom's coup taking shape tomorrow night. :hmm:

PS: This isn't a spoiler, it's just my best guess of what might be coming.

I agree... with the dvd's you can watch straight thru and get into living that 24 hours right along with the characters. With this week in between every hour it's getting very :yawn: in between episodes. I guess I just got spoiled. But 2 hours tonight at least, yay!

Well, Chloe looked up " How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" . It has to be a U2 homage.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom