24: Day 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
about the cell phone battery thing, most peoples batteries last for 24+ hours, so I don't think that's a huge stretch

No spoken words said:
This show is about one thing, and it's not realism....it's about badassness. If you think that Jack's going to let reality get in the way of his biting your fucking neck, you've made a major miscalculation.....and you'll wind up paying for that mistake....and the cost will be prohibitive.

I wonder if Jack knows that his brother was in Fame.

:up: and :lol:

I wonder if Jack (or anyone else) remembers his brother was also a cancer-eating mutant on The X-Files.

... and even my crappy cell phone's battery will last for about a week on a full charge. So long as I don't talk on the phone. :wink:

Last edited:
Or his brother was fucked up by Robocop.

(Ironically, the actor who played Henderson WAS Robocop)

07.01.21.Stranerthan-X.gif

Any predictions on what's going to happen tonight?

I think we'll find out a little bit about why the Bauer family is so damn screwed up, and I think we'll start to get clues that Al-Assad is not what he seems to be.

I think eventually the IAA guy that's undercover in the detention camp (Sandra Palmer's husband) is going to end up doing something for the terrorists, too - either joining them outright or being forced to kill someone at the risk of blowing his cover and being killed himself.

I already like where this season is headed. I do hope we get to see Logan put through the grinder (by both Jack AND Congress) before it's over, though. :yes:

Let's hope the Bauer family thing gets resolved quickly, or we at least find out his brother is only a half-brother or something, because I can't buy that storyline so far.

I'm interested in seeing James Cromwell as his father, though.

phanan said:
Let's hope the Bauer family thing gets resolved quickly, or we at least find out his brother is only a half-brother or something, because I can't buy that storyline so far.

I'm interested in seeing James Cromwell as his father, though.

Hopefully.

If anyone were to play his brother, token creepy guy Peter Sarsgaard would've been perfect.

Peter_Sarsgaard.jpg

sure he's younger, but I think he looks and sounds a little bit like Kiefer and can play the part.

Apparently old man Bauer didn't pass on the tall genes to either one of his sons. He's a good 6 inches taller than both of them. :lol:

Walid got the shit beaten out of him? No one saw that one coming...:happy:

I was hoping one of the guys could slam Sandra and the FBI guy in the face.

And does every federal agent talk to Chloe?

I'm not sure about this whole family angle. If the father sticks around for a while, fine, but let's get to the point and move on with it.

Also, I must say I was disappointed with Karen Hayes giving in so easily to the other guy. I would've like to have seen her go to the President, take her chances, and tell him what this guy is up to. Either that, or get back at him in some way. That just seemed a bit wimpy to me.

The only possible thing that could make it better was the fact that she requested to go to CTU in L.A. Perhaps she'll get her revenge from there, but as of right now, it seemed too easy to have her removed.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

sorry, the happy face was supposed to mean sarcasm.

I wish there was a smiley that just said [SARCASM] in big letters. It would help a lot.

phanan said:
I'm not sure about this whole family angle. If the father sticks around for a while, fine, but let's get to the point and move on with it.

Also, I must say I was disappointed with Karen Hayes giving in so easily to the other guy. I would've like to have seen her go to the President, take her chances, and tell him what this guy is up to. Either that, or get back at him in some way. That just seemed a bit wimpy to me.

The only possible thing that could make it better was the fact that she requested to go to CTU in L.A. Perhaps she'll get her revenge from there, but as of right now, it seemed too easy to have her removed.

I thought to myself in the first scene she was on the screen that I like her a lot better as National Security Adviser rather than at CTU.

And then I thought they were going to get rid of her outright.

But then they put her at CTU. :shrug:

So have we figured out whether Jack knows exactly what his brother did/is up to yet? It seems he knows about something sinister in Graham's past, but they haven't told us yet what it is. And what the hell is dad up to?

I liked how they took an episode to focus on side storylines a bit, though - I was really curious what was going to happen to Walid, I'm glad they didn't just give that 10 minutes of time.

So I was convinced for the first 4 episodes (the 2-night special) that Tom (the weasel Presidential advisor) was actually the very same person as Miles from last season. Remember we last saw Miles leaving for a White House post at the end of Day 5? Seems to me that an identity change wouldn't have been out of the question. But they're played by two different (albeit very similar-looking) actors. Could that be a twist down the road? The previous Miles actor is unavailable, so they bring in a new guy who looks similar but just different enough to be someone else, and have everyone call him by a new name (they always seem to emphasize the word "Tom" when they say it).

So, Karen Hayes does a little digging on Old Tom. Turns out that when Karen Hayes was nominated as Secretary of State, Miles Papazian, a mid-level worker in the White House who had worked with her before went under the knife. This is being done by someone not directly a part of Palmer's administration, but someone who's calling the shots (Graham? Dad?). A new identity is created for "Tom", who becomes an adviser to the President as a counterbalance to the reason of Karen Hayes. So Karen figures all this out, and confronts Tomiles in front of the President. Shit goes down, the Secret Service turns out to be loyal to Tomiles, someone dies, and we have ourselves a coup d'etat, ladies and gentlemen. All hail President...Papazian...?

:hmm:

I predict we don't see Karen until March, and she's going to be working to figure out who Tom really is. Meanwhile, we'll see Tomiles getting ready for the coup, but we won't know what he's up to. Seems like we may have our superbad for season 6 if my theory's right...Miles!

PS: I have a feeling this Milo-Nadia plot is going to be awful.

ETA: Keep in mind, I haven't seen the previews for next week yet. :shrug:

less yakkin', more killin' pls

i dont think there was even 1 gunshot in this ep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom