24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2001, 12:00 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 10:15 AM

Tonight I saw the premiere episode of "24", the new suspense drama on FOX. I've heard the rave reviews for the past two months, and I was hoping they were right.

In the past, critics have praised what I thought was mediocre (Titanic) and slammed what I thought was a very good movie, The Phantom Menace. It simply isn't the case that the critics know what they're talking about every time.

I was hoping they were right on this one. The story premise sounds solid:

(SPOILERS AHEAD -- BUT LITTLE YOU COULDN'T GET FROM PRESS RELEASES, AND NOTHING THAT MAKES THE SHOW LESS EXCITING)

12:00 Midnight, the night before the California primaries. The premiere opens with a government agency discovering a plot to assassinate one of the candidates, and it calls in its task force. The team leader, Jack Bauer, just discovered his teenage daughter snuck out and now has to deal with this crisis at work. He is told the target is the first black man with "a real shot at the White House", a man whose death would tear the nation apart -- AND he's told that people within the agency could be in on the plot. Oh, and a passenger jet blows up.

The cast seems top-notch, including Keifer Sutherland, a great film actor (who was in Dark City, a favorite of mine) who wouldn't work on just *any* TV show.

And the construction of the show is BRILLIANT:

Each episode occurs in real-time. The premiere episode covered 12 midnight to 1 am. Next week will cover 1:00-2:00 am, and the final (24th) episode of the season will end at midnight of the next day.

I was hoping the show would be as good as they said.

IT WAS BETTER.

The premiere will actually be rebroadcast Friday night, 9/8c, and I HIGHLY recommend you see it.

Anyone else catch this show?

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

What did you find, Dad?
Me? Illumination.

Old 11-07-2001, 09:49 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Maybe I'll tape it Friday (going to see Iggy Pop so I won't be able to watch it), I passed on it last night cause I'm getting hooked on Smallville.

Old 11-07-2001, 10:43 AM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 03:15 PM
Caught "24" last night and I'm hooked! It will become a staple of my Tuesday night viewing from here on out.
Old 11-07-2001, 05:34 PM   #4
The Original
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I watched it. I really enjoyed it and will definately be watching the next episodes. The only show I watch regularly no matter what right now is The Sopranos.

The acting was great.. it seemed to have higher production than lots of other shows out there. However there were parts that I found to be a little cliche and not nearly subtle enough.

I thought the music throughout the episode was surprisingly good as well.
Old 11-08-2001, 11:56 PM   #5
Refugee

Just a reminder...

There are apparently THREE encore presentations of 24 this weekend, one on Fox, two on FX:

Fri. Nov. 9, 9pm/8c on Fox
Sun. Nov. 11, 11pm/10c on FX
Mon. Nov. 12, 10pm/9c on FX

Watch this show, dammit!

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

What did you find, Dad?
Me? Illumination.