22 years in a 3'x7' space by choice?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whoa....that's just...incredible, really.

To think that anyone would go to such lengths. It's utterly amazing. Remind me not to complain about my life or the size of my room again...

poor Sayed, to have lived in such fear for so long.
I recently watched a great doco, about a British woman who has become a Buddhist monk,"the cave in the snow" She spent years in a meditation box. Fascinating.
1981...1981:) I was attracted by the number 22. I got married in 1981 and in that time I graduated from a tent , to a shed, to a very small house..............hmmmmmmmmmm.
no laughing matter really.

It didn't say anything about his going to the bathroom or bathing :der: Then again, maybe it's best that they didnt

I thought it had mentioned he had built a little toilet up one end of it. Still, lol hardly comforting...I get a bit antsy when my lilly white porcelain toilet looks a little dusty...I am not the peeing in a hole for 22 years type I guess :lol:

Cleasai :shifty:

Inside, Sayed fashioned a terraced living space from dirt he excavated when digging a well ? it is located at one end of the compartment. At the other, there?s a toilet, placed somewhat higher. In between, he built a dirt platform to sit on. The lowest point is the space where he could stand and even bathe. A vent lets in air from the roof and a pipe drains water outside.

I remember seeing him on CNN when he came out of his hiding space shortly after the main fighting of the war ended.

It is truly amazing what people will do for survival.

Back
Top Bottom