2014 FIFA World Cup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!

Bad day for injuries. Reus and Ribéry are both out. On the plus side, Suarez seems to be fine. Really looking forward to that Uruguay team.

We're lucky enough to be there after our shaky qualifying campaign. But I'd rather qualify and get flogged 10-nil than not qualify at all.

But I am confident that we will snatch a point from someone. Probably the Netherlands (who look a bit disjointed and even van Gaal casts doubts over what they are capable of).

We have a team that is built from the ground up, designed to play the way Postecoglou wants them to. I can't wait to see what he delivers, but it is utterly disappointing that Rogic and Kruse will be absent. Watching those two combining up forward is something I'm really looking forward to.

This is what it's all about. Everything that happens in world sport in the four years between World Cups is comparatively irrelevant for me. Let's have another World Cup of drama and unpredictability. I'll be flying out to Brazil tomorrow night.

Mathew Ryan is your first goalie right?

I love him. He's the goalie of my favorite team, Club Bruges. He's also really good and was the best keeper in the Belgian league this past season.

Yeah Ryan will be number one, while Langerak is a very good #2.

Ryan is young, has years ahead of him so hopefully he stays at Bruges for a while, but could unfortunately get picked up by a moneybags team later down the track.

BalloonFacebook1.jpg

These goalkeepers suck.

EDIT: Just saw the replays and Pletikosa was legit terrible. On the two open-play goals he dives off the wrong foot.

He should have stopped the penalty to, he had both hands to it and it didn't look the hardest hit shot in the world.

Anyway Brazil were highly unconvincing.

You know thinking about it, Thiago Silva is like the last good centre back in the world at the moment. It's like after the last Italian World Cup winning team, world class centre backs just disappeared. What passes as a centre back these days is just a shambles. Looking at you Luiz.

Hopefully there is one game at this world cup without a pissweak dive. Just one, and I'll be happy.

:cute: is this going to be the main topic of conversation in EVERY sports thread? :wink:

Anyways, Soccer/Futbol/Football/Whateverthatgamewhereyoukicktheball has always been my favorite sport to PLAY, but I've never been fond of watching it. I do, however, enjoy the World Cup, because it's such a relatively short period of time, so the situation with the tie games doesn't bug me as much.

Obviously I'll be cheering for the States, and, as usual, my back-up team will be Japan. Let's do this.

:cute: is this going to be the main topic of conversation in EVERY sports thread? :wink:

Anyways, Soccer/Futbol/Football/Whateverthatgamewhereyoukicktheball has always been my favorite sport to PLAY, but I've never been fond of watching it. I do, however, enjoy the World Cup, because it's such a relatively short period of time, so the situation with the tie games doesn't bug me as much.

Obviously I'll be cheering for the States, and, as usual, my back-up team will be Japan. Let's do this.

Figured I'd get my first bit of anti-soccer rhetoric out the way early :wink:

I enjoy the world cup as well, though the time zones are horrible for me this year.

I hope that this ref doesn't get another game. Those mistakes cost Croatia the match! :tsk: I was highly underwhelmed by Brazil's performance, for the predicted winner they were pretty poor.

You know thinking about it, Thiago Silva is like the last good centre back in the world at the moment. It's like after the last Italian World Cup winning team, world class centre backs just disappeared. What passes as a centre back these days is just a shambles. Looking at you Luiz.
Lol yes. It's just baffling that PSG actually paid 50 million for him.

Brasil had to win apparently. Terrible refereeing. It actually ruined my enjoyment by the end. Second goal wasn't a penalty and there was a clear foul preceding the third. On top of that, Croatia's disallowed goal was debatable as well even if they're pretty strict when it comes to touching the keeper close to goal. Julio Cesar just missed the ball though while Olic didn't.

So now we're at 2 penalties, 2 dives. And 2 or 3 wrongly disallowed goals. 2.3 matches played so far.

Croatia's disallowed goal was a terrible call, almost as bad as the call that led to the penalty kick.

I'm sorry, but this shows total lack of understanding of football. That is called a foul 999/1000 times at any level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom