2014 FIFA World Cup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to get excited for this. Finally managed to get some tickets: France-Switzerland in Salvador, Portugal-Ghana in Brasilia and a round-of-16 (1st in group E vs 2nd in group F). Should be fun.

France v Switzerland would be awesome - huge rivals, and the Swiss often frustrate the French.

My excitement levels are starting to skyrocket. I'm ticketed and off to Costa Rica vs England, Belgium vs Russia and Ecuador vs France - still yet to get Aussie tickets - demand is huge for our matches it seems.

Nice - two games in Rio should be fun. I will still try to get one of the Sao Paulo games in the next round. Uruguay vs England would be awesome.

2019 Women's World Cup bids: England, France, South Africa, New Zealand and South Korea.

I say England or France, though South Africa and New Zealand are interesting. The Kiwi's have never gotten a World Cup. Japan has said they'll bid for 2023 and will probably win it so South Korea doesn't seem likely. South Africa could be used to not just boost women's soccer in Africa, but further the sport in general there like 2010. I'd say England is the favorite though...been far too long and they did great with London 2012.

Why on earth isn't Australia putting in a bid? Would do wonders for women's football here, which is already going from strength to strength with the W-League and our competitiveness at recent World Cups.

BnWwmH1IMAAyIlx.jpg

Why on earth isn't Australia putting in a bid? Would do wonders for women's football here, which is already going from strength to strength with the W-League and our competitiveness at recent World Cups.

Who knows, but hey, New Zealand is at least close. Though it would prob go to England, France or South Africa first.

They should move the 2022 world cup to Australia (or USA), but oh well.

Qatar's clothing modesty campaign clarifies its stance on leggings in new advertising campaign | Mail Online

Do they really think Brazil fans will be wearing pants? Or any foreigner going to a country with 100+ degree temps? You're going to host the WORLD cup and then try and tell people visiting from different parts of the World what they can and can't wear? Why won't FIFA move this tourney?

And what happens when players take their jerseys off after a game? Or with fans who paint their chests? Are they going to be "Imprisoned for a period not exceeding six months" and fined?

It's one problem after another for Qatar. I think that there is more likelihood of them being stripped of the tournament now than there was two years ago, if only because of Amnesty International's ire. We'll see what happens. Bold leadership at FIFA is needed. Backflipper Blatter doesn't have that, not will the Qatar-backing clown Platini. Hopefully someone else will win the presidency.

We're just two weeks away from the once-in-a-generation occasion of a World Cup hosted in Brazil. Let's enjoy it!

Disappointing that Falcao won't make it back in time for the World Cup. Colombia has an exciting team and had a relatively easy group - now they lose their best player.

Yeah massive loss for them. I had them Colombia top the group, but his absence makes me think that Japan might be the best bet to top the group.

No faith in Côte d'Ivoire. I know Drogba is no longer the same, but they still have a strong side. Yaya Toure may be the best player in that group, and possibly the best defensive midfielder in the world.

They have the squad to do well, Côte d'Ivoire, although their form hasn't been great and Lamouchi is an unknown quantity as coach. Japan have Honda, Nagatomo and Kagawa who can be as disciplined as they can be explosive. By far the best team in Asia at the moment.

Come on, he's awesome. It doesn't matter if he plays badly or poorly, he'll bring entertainment either way.

Flying to São Paulo on Wednesday and getting there just in time to see the opening game (from my parents', not live). My first live game will be France-Switzerland on the 20th (sans Ribery, I see).

Just hope everyone is healthy after today's friendly against Serbia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom