2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had not remembered that... I'm not sure I was ever aware of it. *L* How serious was the incident?

Leigh Matthews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 1985 season was Matthews' last as a player. During the season Matthews struck Geelong player Neville Bruns in an off-the-ball incident, breaking Bruns' jaw. No report was laid because video review facilities were then unavailable. However, after much public outcry, the VFL launched an investigation and subsequently deregistered Matthews for four weeks. He was also charged by the police and fined $1000, later changed to a 12 month good behavior bond on an assault charge— – this was a major factor in his retirement. Matthews 332nd and final game was the 1985 Grand Final loss to Essendon.

I broke my Never Tip Port rule this week. And, I'm sorry, Geelong, but I tipped the Dons in tonight's game.

Think I'll be going to my first ever just-me game tomorrow. Can't sort shit out with someone, but I don't want to miss this for the world. Just have to ask a stranger to take a pic of me and NicNat high fiving over West Lakes though I guess.

Think I'll be going to my first ever just-me game tomorrow. Can't sort shit out with someone, but I don't want to miss this for the world. Just have to ask a stranger to take a pic of me and NicNat high fiving over West Lakes though I guess.

Damn, if it had been last week we could've gone with you!

Okay, I read that as "me and NicNat flying high over West Lakes" and I wondered if you two might be smoking something after the game. On my second read it made much more sense :lol:

Slopsy said:
Okay, I read that as "me and NicNat flying high over West Lakes" and I wondered if you two might be smoking something after the game. On my second read it made much more sense :lol:

Post-game kava with NicNat? God, I hope so.

Vlad n U 2 said:
Buddy's lost his license I see.

Wasn't he driving on his natural arc? That was a great joke on twitter from Wil Anderson.

Fucking Bombers might have just cost me at winning footy tipping at work this year, if they can't even score!

So, I get my first chance to watch a whole Essendon game in more than a month, and they get off to their worst start in fucking ages.

End of the first quarter was heartening though.

Ugh, get to within nine points and then look what happens. Those two Cats goals right before half time were cruel. Geelong look really slick though, and I'm starting to think Essendon need to stop kicking the ball entirely because every time we do, we lose possession.

Uhhh

tumblr_m7gh9fIBQh1rrz8mso1_500.png

This is bad and stupid. Things would probably go better if we stopped kicking to Geelong players maybe.

It's just not Jobe Watson's night tonight.

And this game is slipping away fast.

Also, this game has some really rubbish umpiring. At least it's been consistently rubbish?

So the media can have a reality check. Geelong will make the eight. I don't think they can win the flag, West Coast, Sydney an Collingwood seem to have the Cats measure. I think they would still worry Hawthorn in any sort of Final though.

And Essendon certainly fucking aren't premiership favourites.

I'll be happy if we can win in the first week of the finals at least, though given our really tough run to the end of the season, I'm pretty worried about where we'll end up when it's all said and done!

I hope that we can just...watch Geelong and play like them next week. You know, nice and fast and ACCURATE at handpassing and kicking to the correct team. It should not be that hard.

We're the more accurate team on the scoreboard for once ... it's just now we're inaccurate everywhere else on the field.

Danny, where's the time travel machine? This is clearly the Geelong of 2007/09/11, as opposed to the rubbish side of the last two weeks. I ask because I want to go back to 2000 and bring back a certain Essendon side.

Wish this fucking TV I bought for my room would pick up channels. Or Mum and Dad would stop watching some fucking dreary British setpiece drama on GO.

Dear James Hird,

After not being able to watch a full Bombers game for ages, I was so excited for tonight. So looking forward to a contest.

Your charges have let me down. LET. ME. DOWN.

I expect due compensation.

Yours sincerely,
Ax

PS I will consider "due compensation" to be "winning the 2012 premiership" and/or a considerable cash sum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom