2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, all due kudos to North (and St Kilda so far) for accuracy. Seemed like last round especially was "which ones are the goal posts?" round.

If I didn't know so many Richmond supporters, I could be happier about GC winning at last. This has been a long time coming for them.

Seriously, that's unbelievable. With that little time left, and all the fumbles...

Being in the box was okay. Not something I'd make a habit of... aside from the free drinks and free food it's way better being in the outer. Would rather have watched Brisbane/St Kilda, looked like it was a decent game.

FUCK. I hate when I expect to lose and then it's close, only to still end up losing. That hurts worse.

What the hell, Tiges? You just...you don't lose to GOLD COAST. What's next, you're going to allow Port or Brisbane to dominate as well? damn it, Tiges. You have upset my weekend more than it already has been.

Brisbane aren't even that bad though. Actually quite good, you'd describe them as an 'almost' team, playing well enough to win but they just aren't there yet.

Eagles vs. Swans. Anthony Hudson commentating. Should be an awesome match.

That's bad.

I would like to watch but I'm trying to get to the end of BB season four. Go Eagles.

Vlad I had a little cheer when Russell was at the Crows game (not because you have to put up with him) but I knew he wouldn't ruin the Swans/Eagles game :)

Vlad I had a little cheer when Russell was at the Crows game (not because you have to put up with him) but I knew he wouldn't ruin the Swans/Eagles game :)

It's called taking one for the team. :lol: I put up with him in the Adelaide/GWS match so that the match of the round actually had a good commentator.

Ricky Nixon belts up his missus and holds a knife to his throat. A mate's footy teammate was rooting her.

Cunt needs to just fuck off. He was batting miles out of his league anyway.

I don't think I've seen a team manage to be destroyed time and time again by injuries and yet remain up there with the top like West Coast have. I have slight confidence in winning next week, but still doubtful.

This was a terrible game but I can't help but feel that some of the Eagles fans on BigFooty are overreacting.

West Coast finally met its tipping point, top 4 is gone, be lucky to finish higher than 7th, injuries have crushed the team since day 1 and Woosh has done well to squeeze every last drop out of the players, but I think they are cooked now, better luck next year

I did visit the WCE board, you're right, a large portion of that board are reactionary.

Wouldn't that be the same on every board? I can imagine after todays shock loss the GWS. Would at admit they can no longer mathematically make the finals :wink:

The ladder is still ridiculously close it's not funny!

Yeah, but some vary in the severity of the reactions. :lol:

I do really love the closeness of the competition this year. I think the race for 8th spot (assuming Geelong will do enough to keep 7th), will be just as exciting as the final shaping of the top 4.

I'd love to see Foolau leave the AFL, (although his imaginary friend told him to stick to his contract, so he'll probably stick around for a little while longer)... and he can take that spud, Khunt with him.. Fed up with the whole publicity circus for two players who are horribly mediocre and have done nothing to suggest that they deserve a regular spot in the seniors at their respective clubs.

Distracts the media from focusing on the footy.

He's been woeful. Nil awareness of what's around him and still looks incompetent.

These posts are priceless in light of yesterday.

Wish Gold Coast could've got their first win of the season against almost anybody else though.

Folau is a joke. Went from being a dominant force in his chosen sport to a useless sideshow in the new one. Hunt's done enough for mine though :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom