2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong's finally woken up. Gold Coast had a 17 point lead ... then Chapman kicked three goals in as many minutes.

So for possibly the first time this season, Gold Coast looks more competent than GWS. The Suns lead the Cats at half time!

Suns prove once again they can only play at AFL standard for one half.

19 points down ... yeah, not looking likely, but if the Suns do come back to win this, I will never disobey your coin's predictions ever again, Alison.

And Vlad, not so sure about that - they've still been good and competitive in the third quarter, and indeed with no sheer dreadful lapses like in the second when Chapman got 3 in 3. Let's see if they can hold it together even vaguely in the final quarter before passing judgement ... but I'm expecting a fadeout too.

I don't think I've seen a player consistently kill a team's hope like Brennan does.

Four goal lead now to Geelong. Think this game is over - but it's the best Gold Coast has played all year, and the worst Geelong has played since ... 2006?

Four goal lead now to Geelong. Think this game is over - but it's the best Gold Coast has played all year, and the worst Geelong has played since ... 2006?

That Freo match where they were robbed of a victory ...

Oh good point, I'd forgotten about that. And there was also their game against the Bombers - though I think that one was perhaps not quite as good overall compared to today, even if they were competitive later in the final quarter.

What's frustrating is that the Suns scored 68 in the first three quarters - or on average just under 23 points a quarter - and now just 9 in the final quarter.

Oh dear, rarely has a player blown a certain goal opportunity in a bigger way than Karmichael Hunt did just then.

He got way too excited. You could see it. It was one of those 'OMG OMG I'MMA KICK A GOAL' moments.

They've salvaged their average now, at least.

Yeah, that run of goals at the end sort of invalidates my post. They did pretty well really. In fact, they scored MORE points in the second half than in the first - it's just they had too many lapses in the fourth quarter when it mattered, and gave away a fuckload of points in the third quarter.

I know it was a depleted Geelong squad, but seriously, that was a shithouse performance by the Cats.

Suns have Richmond next week in Cairns, a repeat of one of their few victorious fixtures last year. Play this well again and maybe they could finally record their first win of 2012.

Hawthorn just as dominant when Bloody Franklin is off the ground. Could the media please wake up and realise that Hawthorn is not the one-man team that they make them out to be?

Pavlich is a legend. It would be a real shame to see him retire without a Premiership.

Summary for the weekend:

Collingwood is shit
Did the Bombers play? I don't think they did. If they did, I forgot.
GWS = Auskick
Geelong = nothing without Lingy
Lingy = much better looking in a blue checked shirt than a pink one
Gold Coast = surprisingly good and respectable
My tips = fucked up forever
Two sparkling wine bottles for $5 = extremely wasted.

tumblr_m6ucl3Wcld1rrz8mso1_1280.jpg

She's been posting all the James Hird photos she can find on Tumblr, help. :lol:

Just so I can come back in a couple of months to see how wrong I was, I'd like to predict right now that the preliminary finalists will be Sydney, Hawthorn, West Coast, and either Collingwood or Essendon. Probably Collingwood, but I expect Essendon to finish the season strongly after the mid-season jitters (will probably be fucked by finishing outside the top four though). West Coast likely premiers. Adelaide to make top four but not the prelims.

He was going for the ball. He was extremely late, and it was high-impact, but it wasn't deliberate. And it was four weeks, three with a guilty plea and good record.

And maybe Carlton wins when LM is asleep...

I can remember a game not so long ago in which Carlton was ripped to bloody shreds. While Travis was asleep.

I hated having to wake him with that news that day.

In fact, as I recall, whoever it was they lost to, the lost was so astoundingly ludicrous, he didn't believe me at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom