2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vlad n U 2 said:
Minor upset? Not that I'm convinced we're certainties to win against Geelong but it would hardly be an upset. We should be favourites.

You're not. $1.60 for Geelong on Tabsportsbet and 2/3 are tipping the Cats.

I consider Geelong favourites since it's being played at Kardinia (unless I grossly misread, a possibility after last week's Melbourne "home" fuck-up!), and I've tipped them. Imagine it'll be quite close.

Hope Tiges get up over Carlton!

I think it's that a lot of people - myself included, until possibly last week - think Adelaide's position on the ladder slightly flatters them because of their easy draw.

Would people shut up about the easy draw? It is not the reason we're in the top 4.

Don't North get to play both GC and GWS twice as well? Why are they not where we are?

But it IS an incredibly easy draw and the qualification is necessary - I'd give anything for Essendon to have that schedule. Beat teams like Hawthorn or Collingwood in Melbourne and then I think we can dispel claims Adelaide's ladder spot flatters them, but as it stands, you got flogged by the Hawks in Melbourne and couldn't even beat the Pies at home.

The Sydney win on the road does speak a lot in the Crows' credit, though.

Pretty much everyone gets flogged by Hawthorn in Melbourne ... excluding Geelong. :shrug: And note the improvement has increased considerably from round 3 to now, so it may not be the best match example to bring up.

I don't see why the draw's such a problem since we finished 14th last year and it's not as if anyone really expected us to be in the 8 but now that we are everyone's whining.

I'm not whining, I'm just saying that if your draw was as hard as the rest of the top six or seven, I'm not convinced you'd still be second. Top six for sure, top eight at worst, but second? Yeah, skeptical.

I am ready to announce the AFL team I barrack for. After careful consideration and viewing several matches this year, with much apologies to Essendon, Geelong, and...whatever third team I mentioned (carlton? hawthorn? I forget & CBF to go look), I am proud to say that I support the Richmond Tigers Football Club.

You can all stop teasing me about barracking for too many teams now. :tongue: You may continue teasing me for being a Tiges supporter.

Enjoy many years of suffering :lol:

Nah Richmond fans are the best. We once came across some after a game where they won, and it was actually like they'd just won the grand final. They put up with a lot, but they're so very faithful!

I tipped the Cats.

So they'll probably lose.
emot-ohdear.png

Aussie Rules Live does the job well.

The icon is a footy on a patch of green grass, just in case you're (understandably) getting these names confused with one another.

Aussie Rules Live does the job well.

The icon is a footy on a patch of green grass, just in case you're (understandably) getting these names confused with one another.

This is the one I used (and loved), but I can't find it in the Google Play store anymore.

LemonMelon said:
This is the one I used (and loved), but I can't find it in the Google Play store anymore.

I just downloaded this (from Google play - I found it no worries, hope you can get it too!), and love it already. Thanks for the tips!

Hoping that West Sydney are well and truly worn out and Collingwood smash them by 226 points, with Pendlebury and Swan accumulating a lazy 100 possies between them.

And that Cloke kicks 10, so he goes up in value so I can drop him from Supercoach just in time for him to be useless again.

This is the definition of a training drill unfortunately ...

Essendon just can't do anything now.

It sucks that we're going to face Essendon with their backs to the wall. They can't stay this awful, can they?

I just...it's not even half time.

How many more do the Bombers have to lose before they match last year's collapse? The cushion they have should keep them in the 8 for a while, but Adelaide/North/Carlton/Richmond/Collingwood is a tough stretch. They need to turn it on quickly.

Losing 3 out of the next 4 is looking very, very likely now. They might even drop out of the 8.

They might take a couple out of Roos, Blues and Tiges, but they are going to get mauled next week on the road vs. Adelaide. I know they have some health concerns, and maybe they'll get that straightened out sometime before the season finale against the Pies. I haven't checked their injury report. Right now, I'd go Collingwood on that though, hands down. I'd say 2-3 the rest of the way.

Although an Essendon victory in any circumstance seems improbable watching this disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom