2011 MLB Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck your squad, impy.

nolanlaughing.gif

I :heart: the MINNESOTA TWINS.

They suck. But that's how I know I'm a true fan. They suck, and I am NOT afraid to admit it.

Target Field is an absolutely gorgeous field, I recommend going to see it. It's truly beautiful, it's SOOO much better than the awful Metrodome.

There are a lot of conflicting reports, but it looks like there's a chance that we're getting Thome. Which, I gotta say, would be fucking awesome. He's beloved here (more so than in Cleveland...the Cleveland fans have been booing his ass for years), and if this is his last year (?) I'd love for it to end in a White Sox uniform.

Also, other reports saying that we might have put the claim on Kubel, and not Thome.

Who knows? The dust will probably clear within the next day or two.

We're suddenly 6.5 back now, so things are starting to get dicey. We're walking on the proverbial thin ice. Basically have to win every series from here on out, beat the Tigers when we play them head to head, and not suffer any king of prolonged losing streak. One of those big bashers could help. I'd prefer Thome. Again, who knows.

Wouldn't mind seeing Thome go back to Chicago. They are not going to get much for him. If Kubel goes....I am hoping they can get something for him. Not a bad move IF you can get something in return.

Had a dream last night that I was in Radio Shack and Thome walked in to turn in a modem because he was leaving Minnesota. I asked him where he was headed to, and he smiled and said "don't tell anyone, but I am headed back to Chicago."

Radio Shack?

There are a lot of conflicting reports, but it looks like there's a chance that we're getting Thome. Which, I gotta say, would be fucking awesome. He's beloved here (more so than in Cleveland...the Cleveland fans have been booing his ass for years), and if this is his last year (?) I'd love for it to end in a White Sox uniform.

Also, other reports saying that we might have put the claim on Kubel, and not Thome.

Who knows? The dust will probably clear within the next day or two.

We're suddenly 6.5 back now, so things are starting to get dicey. We're walking on the proverbial thin ice. Basically have to win every series from here on out, beat the Tigers when we play them head to head, and not suffer any king of prolonged losing streak. One of those big bashers could help. I'd prefer Thome. Again, who knows.

Kubel's a pretty damn decent slugger, too. I don't know if you need outfield help or not.
(Have I mentioned I miss Jesse Crain? :sad: )

Cleveland seems to have the tougher schedule of the 3 AL Central contenders, but it's going to be very tough for you guys to gain ground on Detroit.

Kubel's a pretty damn decent slugger, too. I don't know if you need outfield help or not.(Have I mentioned I miss Jesse Crain? :sad: )
Yeah, I NEVER would've thought I'd MISS Crain before last year. Kubel's good, but, like Morneau, he's damn inconsistent.

Glad to see Thome going to Cleveland. And the Twins getting one of those "Player to be named later."

Pretty amazing: three grand slams at Yankee Stadium today (unless you are an Oakland Athletic).

I am wondering if we can find small boat and put Michael Kay and The Hawk onboard and send it out to sea?

Yeah, Crain has been pretty damn reliable this year. He's basically been our best reliever, outside of Santos. And Sale, who has really been unhittable for the last two and a half months or so and is a huge bright spot in the future of the organization. He might be moved to starter next year, which will be interesting.

Kubel's good, but, like Morneau, he's damn inconsistent.

Well, he had the big concussion. Since then, yeah, he's been inconsistent, but it's because he hasn't been on the field consistently. The four years before he had the concussion, Morneau was the model of consistency. I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't really use that word to describe Justin Morneau.

You see more Twins games than I do, though.

Well, he had the big concussion. Since then, yeah, he's been inconsistent, but it's because he hasn't been on the field consistently. The four years before he had the concussion, Morneau was the model of consistency. I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't really use that word to describe Justin Morneau.

I think this is spot-on about Morneau. (We'll see how next year goes for him.)

Yes it is. Hunter Pence was at that thing too, but he just ripped his shirt off and threw it in the crowd because Hunter Pence is certifiably insane.

In the best way possible, of course. I love the shit out of that trade.

I just can't believe that "Bud"light wants to ad more teams in the playoffs and also getting rid of the divisions.The beauty of a baseball season is that you have to win something to get a playoff birth...either win your division or the league wildcard title.Now if they go ahead with the plan of not having division anymore and just take the top 5 teams in each league ,the regular season will look like the NBA or the NHL,a long tranning camp....and the world series being played through mid november...how stupid is that?

Instead ruining the format of the playoffs and killing the pennant race in september has we have now,why not fixing a more urgent problem...like having both league playing with the same rules,meanning either no DH or no pitchers batting?

Sloowwww down there.

I'm not one for expanding playoffs, but at least the proposed path was a great middle ground and isn't too ridiculous. I don't like the idea of getting rid of divisions, but I do like the concept of balancing the stupid 14-16 AL-NL imbalance, and I like the concept of using the filler series that gets mismatched in the 15-15 balance to effectively get rid of interleague play as a 'section' in baseball scheduling and just have one interleague series every week.

And the NHL is certainly nothing like the NBA, despite both of those leagues having awful playoff setups. At least in the NHL the 6/7/8 seed can win their matchup. In the NBA the top 4 teams are almost shoo-ins to the finals.

PhilsFan said:
It's fine the way it is. Small playoffs, leagues that don't play each other very much. It needs no change.

This.

The two things I'd change are giving home field advantage to the team with the best record regardless of division/all star game and a balanced schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom