2011 MLB Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't like Brian Wilson, but this is sort of funny.

poster_top_starwars.jpg

poster_bottom_starwars.jpg

Oh...I missed what happened tonight. Uh...can this FINALLY be the end of hissy fit time for Zambrano? He once was my favorite player on the team, but over the last two seasons I've just wanted him gone.

So Mike Carp must've learned how to hit recently, because he sure as shit wasn't hitting like this last year.

ESPN is going to be all over the Marlins because their only relevant player was just sent to Triple A.

And they're gonna be all on the Marlins case because it hardly has to do with under-performance. It's got to do with unprofessional behavior. LoMo's slowly proving that he has the tendency to be a big fat idiot.

#LoMoMarlinsFOWars

Yeah...

here's the thing. Most of this comes from a Logan Morrison/Hanley Ramirez issue. Hanley Ramirez is clearly not an easy person to get along with (if anyone recalls him booting the ball last season). Dan Uggla also had issues with Hanley.

That doesn't matter, though. Who's the only asshole chirping his mouth right now? Is it Hanley Ramirez? No. Other than a ball-booting incident, he's very professional for the most part. Is it the Marlins organization saying 'you're being a douche, Morrison"? No. It's Logan Morrison running his mouth. He needs to learn when to shut the fuck up. He is the only person causing problems in the entire situation, despite Hanley being a less than easy character to get along with.

He's quickly turning all of his fans against him, too. It's sad.

Maybe the Marlins should go all LaRussa on his ass and ship him to Toronto for a cookie and a cake.

The Gentleman Masher!

Awesome. And he does it to put the Tigers down by four runs. Thanks for everything, James.

The Gentleman Masher!

Awesome. And he does it to put the Tigers down by four runs. Thanks for everything, James.

He is the classiest/nicest guy. Such a hard worker.

I was really hoping he could pull off 600 "at home" in Chicago. I know the sock fans would appreciate it, and maybe a few additional family members could have been there. Detroit is close though.

Can anyone tell me if ESPN2 did an "in game"? Monday night baseball is blacked out here in Atlanta, so I got to see it on MLB TV.

He is the classiest/nicest guy. Such a hard worker.

I was really hoping he could pull off 600 "at home" in Chicago. I know the sock fans would appreciate it, and maybe a few additional family members could have been there. Detroit is close though.

Can anyone tell me if ESPN2 did an "in game"? Monday night baseball is blacked out here in Atlanta, so I got to see it on MLB TV.

It really was a pleasure watching him here for four years. Very happy for him.

I don't know about the in game look on ESPN2, I also just watched it on MLBTV.

If the Twins hold on to this lead, we'll be just 3.5 out of first with 42 games to play. Which is pretty remarkable considering everything that's happened this year, including our cleanup hitter having one of the worst individual seasons in baseball history.

The AL Central has just been a lackluster division this year.

The AL Central has just been a lackluster division this every year.

FIXED. But I am not complaining when my team has been able to win it like a bunch of times in the last 10 years.

(And, I'm not even pissed about trading Delmon.)

I am sad to see him go because I have liked him, even if he hasn't produced a lot this year. I love that he goes yard in his first at bat tonight, and then Burnett hits him with a pitch.

David Cone trying to convince John Flaherty that WAR is a better measure for an MVP than RBIs is the definition of futility.

If it wasn't for Revere, I'd be furious.
Delmon's got a hell of a future. I'm just surprised that he went intra-division.

Exactly. The big difference between Revere and Young are the wheels. All the weight Delmon lost before last season seems as if it has found its way back. The fact that Revere almost pulled off an inside the park home run tonight proves that difference. That speed will work well both on the bases and out in the field (Torii-like maybe?). Ben is also a real nice kid. He needs to find his place in the clubhouse though.

Ron Fairly is a pile-of-shit announcer. He commented on Thome on air, saying he's not a first-ballot Hall of Famer but will get in "eventually". Fuck this steroid era bullshit. Especially with regard to the clean guys like Thome.

Ron Fairly is a pile-of-shit announcer. He commented on Thome on air, saying he's not a first-ballot Hall of Famer but will get in "eventually". Fuck this steroid era bullshit. Especially with regard to the clean guys like Thome.

No steroids and 600+ home runs. He will be a first ballot HOFer. The only question in my mind is if he will go in with a Phillies or White Sox hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom