2011 AFL Thread - Melbourne: The suckiest sucks that ever sucked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed with the above. We'll never see it happen.

Just on your injuries, Darcy Daniher just retired at 21 due to ongoing osteitis pubis, the poor bastard.

Regarding Port, another one of the big fails initiated by them in recent years was the extension of Mark Williams' contract. That was a big booboo.

Just on your injuries, Darcy Daniher just retired at 21 due to ongoing osteitis pubis, the poor bastard.

Saw that. Goddamn.

And the Bulldogs' comeback potential is leaving me on the edge of my seat tonight. Christ. Barry Hall's playing a blinder.

You know, that was the most tense 49 point victory. Bulldogs pretty much pushed Essendon all the way - glad we held on so well in the end after a serious third quarter scare. That Dahlhaus guy that the Bulldogs have is terrifyingly fast and looks like he's got a big future ahead of him. Now here's hoping the Bombers can hold on for the finals ...!

And wow, not only did Brisbane win, but they did so comprehensively! Nice.

Yeah that was the closest, most exciting eight goal loss I've ever seen :lol:

Feel so sorry for Dale Morris, the bone looked like it was raised about 3cm, horrific break.

cobl04 said:
are you joking? not even close to his fault, I would have thought. Us completely destroying their soul by belting them in 2007 started the rot and money and culture issues have ruined it since.

Under Williams, they wouldn't have gone as backwards as they have this year. There was almost a sniff of a generational change going on quite seamlessly early last year. But what happened to the experienced players who should be stepping up This Year to at least me competitive? What the hell happened to Salopek, Surjan, Westhoff, Pearce and Hitchcock?

There didn't seem much of a thought process in giving Primus the head coaching job. The selection of head coach is an important duty for the Port board, and they seemed more concerned about resolving their equally pressing off-field dramas.

What the hell happened to Salopek, Surjan, Westhoff, Pearce and Hitchcock?

Westhoff and Hitchcock weren't particularly good to begin with, so I don't know what you're going on about there. The former is one of the biggest duds out there, hence the name "Westsoft".

I like Sydney because they can make any match entertaining. It's like they're being paid to throw these matches, but they can't even do that properly.

Good to see us giving it a nice crack, with flaws and mistakes and all, but it's positive football against the league's best.

Go the Tiges! What a fantastic win. Love it.

And wow, Adelaide's really kept in touch with Geelong haven't they? Geelong made it home, but the Crows were within six points there briefly near the end ...!

That was a strong effort. I'm very pleased and just an example of how great we can be once everything clicks. I'm not 100% convinced about Bickley as next year's coach, as I really hope we can get Neeld.

Would you folks believe that thanks to Sydney's loss to Richmond, the Bulldogs are still a mathematical chance of making the eight? They need to win all three remaining games and have to rely on Sydney and Freo losing their last three games, North Melbourne winning just one, and Melbourne winning no more than two.

... yeeeaaaahhhh. But I bet there's a guy right now in Footscray who STILL FUCKIN' BELIEVES.

It seems as if neither North nor Freo actually want to be in the 8.

I don't know about North; after being dead last in the fifth week, they've emerged late in the season as potential challengers for the eighth place. But Freo? I'd be so depressed if I were a Freo fan. After spending almost the whole season in the eight, they've slid out when it matters and don't look like getting back in (especially as they have a game against Collingwood in a fortnight).

I must admit, the idea of Mick Malthouse coaching anybody but Collingwood seems very strange to me. I can barely believe he actually coached the Dogs and West Coast once upon a time.

Well they told him a grand final would be a pass mark, they aren't even gonna make the eight.

yeah very true. to me it seems he's a good coach in terms of player development, but yeah, i'm talking myself into a corner, because how can you not sack him after last year and now this year.

Axver said:
I must admit, the idea of Mick Malthouse coaching anybody but Collingwood seems very strange to me. I can barely believe he actually coached the Dogs and West Coast once upon a time.

I still think of him as primarily the coach of the West Coast Eagles, the coach of the best team of the decade.

He's too honest and decent a bloke for Collingwood. He owes them nothing, particularly after the whole Buckley thing. Would love to see him at another club, as long as it's not Essendon, St Kilda or West Sydney.

:lol::lol: you're nothing if not consistent, inte.

And I think a club by the name of Canberra/North Ballarat/Tasmania/North Melbourne would argue with you about the "team of the decade" title. WC probably owned the first half (two prems from 3 GFs) but the Roos were dominant in the second half.

Well there's something else that seems kind of foreign to me: North Melbourne being anything but utterly mediocre with approximately 3 supporters.

Though I do remember enough of my earliest days of casually watching AFL in the late 1990s to recall the Roos when they were good, so it's not THAT foreign, unlike the idea of Mick Malthouse coaching anybody but Collingwood. I never paid much attention to coaches until recently ... as late as 2005, probably the only coaches I knew by name were the various All Blacks and Wallabies coaches during my lifetime, and Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger because they might as well be celebrities instead of soccer coaches. Didn't even know who coached the Wellington Hurricanes.

I still think of him as primarily the coach of the West Coast Eagles, the coach of the best team of the decade.

He's too honest and decent a bloke for Collingwood. He owes them nothing, particularly after the whole Buckley thing. Would love to see him at another club, as long as it's not Essendon, St Kilda or West Sydney.

Err yes because he was totally forced to sign that contract two years ago. :rolleyes: actually admire buckley more through this whole thing, he's not said a peep.

I just love how the media are saying he's the best coach in the league and at the top of his game....could see Melbourne being this successful under mick, they just have to respect the list that's been developed.

I don't think he'll coach anywhere else but will wish him the best if he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom