2010 World Cup Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:cabbagepatch:

great game . . . :wave:

< hopes you all have a good one . . . and looking forward to reading the post match commentary from you lovely lot during my lunch break later today :)

see you for Netherlands V Brazil . . . :ohmy: the next game is 2 days away :crack: I think I'm going to have withdrawals over the next few days :sad:

:)

If Spain take the lead they're unbeatable. The other team doesn't have the ball anymore after a goal.

Close offsides calls/non-calls are as commonplace as missed holding calls in the NFL

Fixed to include Spain - Portugal game. :D

2006 Group standings:
No team advanced due to goal differential only.
All group winners finished with points > 6 (at least 2 wins)

2010 Group standings:
2 teams advanced due to goal differential/goal scored only (Mexico and Ghana).
2 group winners/runner-ups finished with points < 6 (Group C: USA, England, Group F: Paraguay, Slovakia)

More of the third matches in the group round were deciding games.

2006 Round of 16 goal stats
Avg goal scored per game (not counting penalty shootouts): 1.875

2010 Round of 16 goal stats
Avg goal scored per game (not counting penalty shootouts): 2.750 -- six out of 8 games had 3 goals or more

:cabbagepatch:

great game . . . :wave:

< hopes you all have a good one . . . and looking forward to reading the post match commentary from you lovely lot during my lunch break later today :)

see you for Netherlands V Brazil . . . :ohmy: the next game is 2 days away :crack: I think I'm going to have withdrawals over the next few days :sad:

:)

Me too! Love The World Cup. And good luck to all the teams!

It's OK to be the first to say that, though it is incorrect. The correct four are:
Netherlands, Uruguay, Argentina, Spain

(though I'm hoping Ghana will beat Uruguay)

passspaind6pg.png

As you can see, it's already been a little after the pass was initiated (couldn't press pause quickly enough) and Villa was not offside. After a rebound from the opposing keeper there is no offside, so the goal was valid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAAjP2bW97g

Didn't see the match, only bits and pieces at a bar. But what I saw Spain was more dominant. I tipped 1:0, so I'm happy about the result. I thought Spain played better, especially as a team. Portugal did have one nice game, but the opponent was none. All in all, as a team I never thought they presented themselves that great. And then it doesn't matter if they have Ronaldo.
What I found funny was how some of the fouls against Ronaldo weren't counted as ones. It's like someone said earlier, due to his frequent diving the referees don't really take his falling serious every time. There was one scene early on where some Spanish defender just very swiftly moved his leg so Ronaldo fell over it and the referee let the game continue. That's what happens when you fall all the time. At a later scene he was just very gently pushed. Instead of running on he fell down and again he didn't get the free kick.

Back
Top Bottom