2010 FIFA World Cup! Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The commentators in football are usually MUCH more bearable than the commentators in the AFL.

At least in football it's commentator singular, rather than the panel you get in AFL.

I've got the alarm set for 4.00 am. This better be a good game to get out of a warm bed for....

Good lord, Greece were terrible. Who let them into the World Cup?

Nigeria couldve tied. They hung in there ! Props to the goalie in spite of the goal. They need another coach. It looked like they had the most uninspiring Coach ever!!

So who does ABCESPN have announcing the US/ENG match? I'm still getting nightmares of the idiots from the last world cup that was so bad I had to switch to Univision when I don't speak Spanish.

Martin Tyler (well-respected English commentator) and John Harkes (lol).

Univision is never a bad idea though.

During the 02 cup I remember watching a game on the Korean channel because it got better reception than univision. It was funny to hear the emotions in the commentators voices in another language

I really hope USA-England will be a good game. Al the games I've seen were just dull.

According to ESPN he's starting. But it is ESPN so they can be wrong.

They're going off the official sheet, like everyone else.

England:

------------Green----------------
-Johnson--King---Terry--A. Cole--
-Lennon-Lampard--Gerrard-Milner-
--------Heskey---Rooney---------

USA:

--------------Howard-----------------
Cherundolo-DeMerit-Onyewu-Bocanegra
---Dempsey-Clark--Bradley-Donovan---
------Findley--------Altidore----------

Not super psyched about this USA lineup, unfortunately.

They're going off the official sheet, like everyone else.

England:

------------Green----------------
-Johnson--King---Terry--A. Cole--
-Lennon-Lampard--Gerrard-Milner-
--------Heskey---Rooney---------

USA:

--------------Howard-----------------
Cherundolo-DeMerit-Onyewu-Bocanegra
---Dempsey-Clark--Bradley-Donovan---
------Findley--------Altidore----------

Not super psyched about this USA lineup, unfortunately.

Not psyched cos of the personnel, or, cos they're playing a 4-4-2?

Personnel. With this squad, we're going to bunker down and hope for a 0-0 or 1-1 draw, and even assuming that strategy I think Maurice Edu is a better defensive mid than Clark.

Would have preferred to see more offensively gifted players, at the very least Torres instead of Clark, and possibly Holden on the right flank, with Dempsey taking Findley's spot up top.

Personnel. With this squad, we're going to bunker down and hope for a 0-0 or 1-1 draw, and even assuming that strategy I think Maurice Edu is a better defensive mid than Clark.

Would have preferred to see more offensively gifted players, at the very least Torres instead of Clark, and possibly Holden on the right flank, with Dempsey taking Findley's spot up top.

Thanks for explaining, I'm learning as I go here. I have some base knowledge but not a lot more. I know a hell of a lot more than I used to, though.

I like soccer and Steely Dan music more and more every year. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom