2010-2011 NBA Thread Episode III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how people come out of the woodwork for the team du jour each year.

Last night sucked (and you'll laugh, but not having Haywood likely cost the Mavs the game), but there are two straight games left at the AAC. Long series, long haul. And win or lose, I'm grateful to have Dirk as my guy rather than any of Riley's Angels.

Maybe if it weren't a completely valid criticism. Terry's one of the best fourth quarter scorers in the league and has been an absolute no show in G1 and G3. He and Dirk have got on each other a lot over the years dating back to Terry not closing out on Nash as he hit a three to tie Game 6 of the 2005 semis. A game I was unfortunately attending.

But yeah, it's a non-issue. The fact that JJB and Peja appear to be comatose is more of a worry. The bench was supposed to be an x factor, but those guys are getting outplayed by Mario "What's a backcourt violation?" Chalmers.

Mario Chalmers has easily excelled the most out of any Heat player from his regular season play.

He wants that Championship.

And wanting it is all you ever need!

How many arguments have the Heat players had with refs that lasted longer than Rick Carlisle saying "He got elbowed!" and getting T'd up for it? 80? 90?

I'm pretty pathetic but that's got to be one of the most pathetic things I've seen if it was made to be serious.

And no, I'm not a Florida fan.

If you're referring to the video, I didn't watch it last night, so I just assumed it was footage of the play I was looking for. I watched the video later, and yeah, the video itself was stupid.

Yeah, that wasn't Tyson's proudest moment but, hell, he was there late with some key rebounds.

Not that it even needs to be said, but Thursday's game is now so massively important. Can't wait to watch it. Winter is coming, for somebody.

Surrounded by Lannisters. Every time I close my eyes, I see their blonde hair and their smug, satisfied faces.

Gotta give a lot of credit to the Mavs. Until the finals, the Heat have been pretty dominant in the 4th quarter in the playoffs (in stark contrast to the regular season).
If Dallas were a lesser team with no heart and grit, the finals could have ended last night in broom swept fashion. They've turned this into a compelling series now. SHould be fun to watch it play out.

And Kudos to Dirk for playing while ill. 101 while not ridiculously high fever is still not easy to compete at that level with. We've seen it before, ESPN drawing parallels to Jordan in game 5 of the 97 finals, and lets not forget Tom Brady in the 2004 AFC title game at Pittsburgh. Thats some pretty good company to be mentioned alongside. Hopefully he's 100 percent by tomorrow, the series deserves all the key players at their best.

The little team that could.

Who's that, the Mavs?

Frankly, little is not something you could use to describe their team.

Dirk is a problem for whom Miami has no real answer and has been repeatedly clutch for Dallas in both this series and the playoffs.

Chandler is also a mismatch for his closest Miami counterpart.

Frankly Miami was looking more like the little team that could last night, carried on the back of my man Dwayne Wade who once again played brilliantly. How he committed that error at the end..well it really surprised me he basically moved before he had the pass and that's something you expect out of a young inexperienced kid, not a champ like him. Pretty uncharacteristic overexcitement, I guess.

I havent followed NBA for a while but intend to watch remaining games. Would like Dallas to take it mainly because I dont like overhyped teams like Miami. And because I hate Lebron/Jordan comparision. Not even close.

And Kudos to Dirk for playing while ill. 101 while not ridiculously high fever is still not easy to compete at that level with. We've seen it before, ESPN drawing parallels to Jordan in game 5 of the 97 finals, and lets not forget Tom Brady in the 2004 AFC title game at Pittsburgh. Thats some pretty good company to be mentioned alongside. Hopefully he's 100 percent by tomorrow, the series deserves all the key players at their best.

i love dirk. it was a great performance by him. but the jordan flu game is in the upper most echelon of the pantheon of great sports performances, and last night's game by dirk should not be mentioned along side it. and that's not an insult to dirk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom