2010-2011 NBA Thread Episode III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant in the context of that sentence and must have gleamed over any earlier references. What it boils down to, though, is it's obvious that Bosh isn't cut from that same cloth, so it's an unfair comparison. He's a top 25 talent in the league, sure, but by no means an alpha dog. MJ, Bird, and Magic were, and each had a competitive edge that made them want to slaughter the other greats. Bringing up that fact is a criticism of LeBron, not Bosh.

Bosh isn't in that conversation and likely never will be. I never faulted him for wanting to play somewhere as a sidekick with a bigger star. But LeBron? Yeah. He was supposed to contend for the GOAT. Now he never will. Headache has brought up the AAU mentality before, and I think there's definitely something to it. Maybe guys like MJ, Magic, and Bird just don't exist anymore.

Again, this is solely speaking for myself. Let's go Mavs.

It's pretty clear I'm no fan of the NBA, but I am super excited for the Mavs. Living in DFW during that time where they just couldn't. Quite. Do. It. Drove so many of my friends nuts, I became a supporter by extention.

But of course I'm a Bull's "fan". They were my entire life as a child. I just lost my taste for basketball (right around the time Jordan left of course), and have been a very latent supporter.

All of that being said, it would be wonderful if the Bulls could go ahead and kick the shit out of the Heat so I can enjoy a completely on the fence final.

gvox said:
What's the diff between 3 guys like Wade, Lebron and Bosh coming together to get by the rest of the NBA vs 3 guys like, say, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce coming together to get by the rest of the NBA? It's practically the same story, except of course the fact that the Celtics added even more big names to the equation. :shrug:

Here's the difference...

All three Celtic players were past their prime when they teamed up. They were on the start of their decline as players, as has been every other big name player that has joined up with them over the years. They had been the alpha dogs for years on end, and although they got close, could never get over the top.

The Miami large 2.5 are in the absolute prime of their careers, and there career arc is still on the way up.

To me that's the difference, and its a big one, between the Celtics and the Heat.

A lot of people say that the league used to have multiple superstars in their prime all the time. Yes, this is true. But the league was different then. There were far fewer teams, so the talent pool wasn't spread as thin as it is now.

That LeBron flop where he hit himself in the face with the basketball to draw a foul on Rose ... holy shit, what a little bitch he is.

Whether up or down in the series, I'm going to be violently ill for the next few weeks.

No spoken words said:
Quite the last few months for you, sports-wise, Deputy.

It really has been. Let's see if it finally gets a storybook ending.

I hope so, for your sake......and for Derek Harper and Rolando Blackman. :)

You made a huge, huge omission.

35ckdw9.jpg

As far as the Bulls go, my condolences to the usual suspects around here. There was no hubris from any of you even with the league's best record and the MVP, which is great. You're going to have some good basketball to watch in coming years once Rose matures and they add a legit second option scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom