2008 Grammy Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The alternative (or, as my mom likes to call it "alternative to crap") category is the only one I'm remotely interested in.

I'm still excited, even though I could care less about most of the music nominated. There are a few artists I really want to see perform and/or win (Amy Winehouse, Foo Fighters, Kanye West,). Supposedly, Beyonce and Tina Turner are opening the show which should be great. Although, I prefer Gorillaz/Madonna's opening in 2006.:drool:

I heard she couldn't get a work permit in time because of the video of her smoking crack and all the rest recently. She'll be doing a live satellite link up apparently.

LemonMelon said:
I hope Amy Winehouse sweeps the awards tonight. Is she even going to be there?

No:( She couldn't get a visa at first, but it was finally approved late Friday. It would've been too late for her to be able to leave rehab and get here in time. She's going to perform live via satellite and accept any awards she might win. It would be amazing if she could sweep everything!:drool:

U2isthebest said:

I'm actually still deciding on that one too, so let me know what you decide.:hi5:

Well I'm still posting, So I decided to just cut off one of my hands. It'll grow back right? :huh:

What am I saying, The Grammys won't be on TV here for a week or so!

U2isthebest said:

Can I come visit? It's about 7 Fahrenheit here in Michigan right now.:|

Sure!. Although Its pretty cool where I'm living at the moment....maybe come later in the week when its back up to 30+ Celsius

Ok, can I just say what is up with the fashion of these country-pop girls?

Carrie Underwood's dress looks like her flower garden threw up on her. Taylor Swift's make-up and dress make her look like Miss America circa 1985.

...I'm a shallow bitch.:happy:

U2isthebest said:

If I don't get to see Fall Out Boy perform twice, my life will be ruined.

Disclaimer: I have no clue if they're even performing. Let's hope not.:|

Ohhh If you come to Australia you'll likely hear them Only Twelve time's a day on the radio!

They might be nominated for Longest Song Title and Crappiest Single. They could clean up there!

bono_man2002 said:

Ohhh If you come to Australia you'll likely hear them Only Twelve time's a day on the radio!

They might be nominated for Longest Song Title and Crappiest Single. They could clean up there!

I'm hoping they and Panic at the Disco tie for Worst Band in the History of Music.:up:

I'm about to vent. After seeing Rihanna's red carpet interview, I want to bang my head against the wall. I read some stuff recently calling her "the next Madonna". Are you kidding me? She is a record company puppet with no originality or skills beyond singing songs other people have written for her. :mad:

U2isthebest said:
I'm about to vent. After seeing Rihanna's red carpet interview, I want to bang my head against the wall. I read some stuff recently calling her "the next Madonna". Are you kidding me? She is a record company puppet with no originality or skills beyond singing songs other people have written for her. :mad:

This Post May Contain Sarcasm

Are you meaning to tell my Umbrella was a bad song??? :madspit:

Well U2 already lost both of their categories:

BEST POP PERFORMANCE BY A DUO OR GROUP WITH VOCAL
"(You Want To) Make A Memory," Bon Jovi
"Home," Daughtry
"Makes Me Wonder," Maroon 5 (Winner)
"Hey There Delilah," Plain White T's
"Window In The Skies," U2

BEST ROCK PERFORMANCE BY A DUO OR GROUP WITH VOCAL
"It's Not Over," Daughtry
"Working Class Hero," Green Day
"If Everyone Cared," Nickelback
"Instant Karma," U2
"Icky Thump," The White Stripes (Winner)

Bruce is 3 for 4. I guess his last category will be televised:

BEST SOLO ROCK VOCAL PERFORMANCE
"Timebomb," Beck
"Only Mama Knows," Paul McCartney
"Our Country," John Mellencamp
"Radio Nowhere," Bruce Springsteen (Winner)
"Come On," Lucinda Williams

BEST ROCK INSTRUMENTAL PERFORMANCE
"The Ecstasy Of Gold," Metallica
"Malignant Narcissism," Rush
"Always With Me, Always With You," Joe Satriani
"Once Upon A Time In The West," Bruce Springsteen (Winner)

BEST ROCK SONG
"Come On," Lucinda Williams, songwriter (Lucinda Williams)
"Icky Thump," Jack White, songwriter (The White Stripes)
"It's Not Over," Chris Daughtry, Gregg Wattenberg, Mark Wilkerson & Brett Young, songwriters (Daughtry)
"The Pretender," Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel & Chris Shiflett, songwriters (Foo Fighters)
"Radio Nowhere," Bruce Springsteen, songwriter (Bruce Springsteen)(Winner)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
What better way to open another Grammy ceremony?

Duet with a dead dude! :happy:

Where's the shoot me smiley.

Unforgettable..... that's what you are...

Back
Top Bottom