2007 French Open - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2007, 11:56 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04
Haha, we only have like two Aussies left. That's hilarious!
The Americans totally beat that.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:57 PM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 07:53 AM
I'm pulling for Federer as well, though I think Nadal is a pretty clear favourite. Sure, Federer wins everything, and maybe it does get a bit boring, but he's winning everything in pretty amazing fashion, which is awesome to watch.

I don't see Nadal as all that arrogant. The constant fist-pumping and bicep-flexing does get a bit much but from all I've read, he seems to be a rather nice guy off the court, even if he is totally relentless on it. His athleticism truly is quite amazing though, and physically, he has an advantage - especially on clay - over everybody else.

I'd love to see a Federer-Nadal five set epic in the final, with Federer just edging it.

On the women's side, I'd really like to see one of the younger stars make a run. Also, there's not much hype around Amelie Mauresmo this year, so she may be a long-shot - would be a nice story for her to finally win the French.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:49 AM   #18
45:33

Local Time: 06:53 PM
Hewitt does give Nadal a run for his money in the "prick" stakes, but cos he's an Aussie he's gotta get the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe I'll learn to appreciate Federer as I get older. I'll admit he does have some good shots.

I remember two players distinctly - Gael Monfils - is he out yet? And an Asian bloke who really served it up to Federer a couple of years ago at the Aussie open. He still lost in three, but he showed a fair bit.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
I sort of feel sorry for Mauresmo because she is one of the best talents in tennis but just doesn't have the mental toughness to be successful in grand slams.

To answer your question COBL, Monfils was knocked out by Nalbandian in the third round and I think the other name you're looking for is Paradorn Srichaphan. He sort of disappeared after that.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:51 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:53 PM
Srichaphan's tennis has tapered off somewhat in recent years, but he's apparently sleeping with some stunning Miss Universe contestant, so full credit to him...
Old 06-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Nalbadian vs Davydenko is about to start. Should be a hell of a game!
Old 06-03-2007, 03:19 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:53 AM
I caught the end of the Schneider/Sharapova (sp?) match
Old 06-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

^that was really good. I thought Schnyder deserved to win, though... As predicted, Davydenko vs Nalbandian was a great match.... anyone seen it?
Old 06-03-2007, 11:32 PM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:53 AM
I think I started watching those girls in the 3rd set, when it was 5-4. It could have gone either way. And then Schneider might have been thrown off by that call near the end where she had put her hand up. Oh well. I don't follow much, but I do end up watching some on Sunday mornings when it airs here. Just not enough hours in the day for everything...
Old 06-04-2007, 12:41 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:53 PM
An Henin-Federer double would be a dream result, and it's still on the cards as we reach the last eight
Old 06-04-2007, 07:50 AM   #26
45:33

Local Time: 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
I sort of feel sorry for Mauresmo because she is one of the best talents in tennis but just doesn't have the mental toughness to be successful in grand slams.

To answer your question COBL, Monfils was knocked out by Nalbandian in the third round and I think the other name you're looking for is Paradorn Srichaphan. He sort of disappeared after that.
That's the name I had in mind, I thought it was another bloke, but that seems to fit the mould.

Hewitt's so stuffed tonight.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:37 AM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04

Hewitt's so stuffed tonight.
Oh, definitely. So far Nadal's creaming him 3-6, 1-2 and is just about to break his service. This will be over in three sets. I used to like Hewitt, but his game has seen a serious dip in quality over the years. It's a little unfair that he has to face Nadal. Tough luck in the seeding. Although he would have faced Federer if he was in the other half, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Anyone miss good old Goran Ivanisevic?
Old 06-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Moya seems like the only thing between another Federer/Nadal final. I could see his match with Nadal being tight but he seems like a guy who will try to match Nadal's athleticism which is near impossible. I really hope Moya has the patience to overcome the capri pants.

How about those quarterfinal matches? Justine against Serena and Jankovic against Kuznetsova. I have a feeling that the semi's and finals will be a bit of a letdown after those.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:26 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:53 AM
Justine/Serena is going to be epic. I'll be thrilled no matter who wins!
Old 06-05-2007, 01:04 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Out of curiosity, what kind of coverage is everyone getting for this?