2006 was .................................... .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2006 was not bad at all with regards to the amount of new music I got exposed to such as Keane, Muse, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc. but my work life has been far from perfect. Can't believe I haven't found another job already. Waiting to hear from a recent interview, so I'm hoping 2007 starts with good news.

JessicaAnn said:
I am gonna wait a couple of weeks to give my opinion.

Well, it started out with some thing not so great happening at the end of January.

It got good.

Really good.

And is ending on a not so great note.

But overall, I have my family, friends, health, a wonderful new job and that's what really matters.

But here's to things being even better next year.

redkat said:
crap and hopefully much worse than 2007

Exactly.

It ties with 2003 in terms of complete shittiness, although there were some high points (Thank God, or I'd be swinging merrily from a rafter).

....crazy :huh:

Graduated from college, lost my job of four years (b/c of losing student status), my lease agreement expired, got married, got a job, moved FIVE times in as many months, got a new cat, went on some great trips, had best friends move away (Washington DC and the Gambia), saw some U2 shows, met lots more Interferencers all over, did an internship.....

simply OK. I moved, job went to shit, lost my grandmother, went to Hawaii, met more Interferencers, have a lot to be thankful for and even more in 2007. Each day you wake up is a good day.

Zootlesque said:
2006 was not bad at all with regards to the amount of new music I got exposed to such as Keane, Muse, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc. but my work life has been far from perfect. Can't believe I haven't found another job already. Waiting to hear from a recent interview, so I'm hoping 2007 starts with good news.

best of luck to you buddy:up:

the biggest rollercoaster year of my life. The downs were very DOWn but past quickly, and the highs were SO HIGH but also past quickly. The year went fast, but i achieved 7/10 of my goals - became a primary teacher, saw U2 for the first time, celbrated 5 years with Adam, saw lots of bands, saved money and looked towards the futre.

Now heres hoping 2007 will ROCK!!

BonosSaint said:

Don't need to add anything else. VertigoGal covered my year perfectly.

heh :slant: sorry bout your year

i just made mine worse, if that was possible. i'm not even looking forward to 2007 as potentially better anymore. it just...scares me, now. i don't think i want to participate but i guess i don't have a choice. :|

some good, some bad, pretty much like most years.

I did really enjoy August though. :D

VertigoGal said:

heh :slant: sorry bout your year

i just made mine worse, if that was possible. i'm not even looking forward to 2007 as potentially better anymore. it just...scares me, now. i don't think i want to participate but i guess i don't have a choice. :|

Sleep through next year? I guess that isn't an option either.
Good luck to all of us.

2006 was garbage for me...

Aside from an amazing 3 week whirlwind trip overseas and completing some pointless degree, I got pretty much nowhere and felt like crap most of the time.

1996, 2001, 2003: all very good years....

Good things about '06

- Germany 2006 - restores my faith in humanity and entertainment and unity. Not bad for what was a pretty average World Cup
- Found out that the US is a very cool place indeed.
- Saw U2 for the first time
- My last year of postmodernity or Marxist or poststructuralist wankerist bullshit theories

Bad things:

- Still directionless and lacking in the drive and confidence I possessed earlier in the noughties.
- The drought is nasty
- Useless and pointless war and poverty rages on and on
- There's uni out the way, now what?
- Realised many harsh realities about myself and where I am

Roll on 2007, let it be my return to form....

Liesje said:
....crazy :huh:

Graduated from college, lost my job of four years (b/c of losing student status), my lease agreement expired, got married, got a job, moved FIVE times in as many months, got a new cat, went on some great trips, had best friends move away (Washington DC and the Gambia), saw some U2 shows, met lots more Interferencers all over, did an internship.....

that's a lot for one year!!

I've decided 2006 was crap. but not total crap. I've just found out that I'm a total failure. but I had fun sometimes.

good luck with your job zoot

The first half of this year was pretty good but the last half ended up being one of my worst. I lost a close aunt to cancer in September. Shortly after that my paternal grandfather's health began to deteriorate... he spent the last half of this year in and out hospitals due to an inoperable tumor in his kidney. My grandfather ultimately passed away on Christmas morning.

I'm indifferent towards 2007 at this point. I hope it'll be good but I'm not giving my hopes up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom