2006 was .................................... .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2006 really sucked. 2005 was the best year of my life. 2006 was a complete contrast to what I did in 2005. I don't have a single positive thing to say about this year. 2007 looks incredibly promising. I cannot wait to say good riddance to 2006 and welcome in 2007. :drool:

oh yeah, I did meet Alien Ant Farm this year, that was pretty sweet

one of the best days of my life for a number of reasons

so that makes 2006 go up in awesomeness

but it was full of plenty of turmoil and stress too

i think...hope...that 2007 will be better. graduating year baby! :heart:

WICKED!!!

Got to race in a Formula 3000 car

Made a successful fundraising book for my kids school

Paid off my credit card

Oh, and met U2!!!!!!

...difficult. Money problems were the overwhelming theme. On the plus side, I now have a full-time job with health insurance and a pension, so that's a step in the right direction.

For the first time in four years, I didn't see Bono in person. That's not a good thing!!!

Good things: the elections, meeting John Edwards at a book signing, helping a writer research a book that would be of interest to all of us, discovering Second Life (which I can't currently access because my iBook is very sick :sad:).

Most importantly, I've come to realize that if life is going to improve, I have to make it happen! I can't wait for external forces to improve it for me.

Bring on '07!

Much better for me than 2005 was, but still not all that great. Ended in a very bad way this past week, but those things are now looking up hopefully.

Still good because I'm a lot better off in many ways than many people, and I'm not in Iraq and didn't lose anyone personally over there. I tried to maintain good perspective in 2006.

Lonely, mostly because I learned some harsh lessons in 05 about people and wasn't going to let myself be hurt so much again-so that's the price I paid.

Hopefully the start of some positive changes in the US politically and in other ways, cautiously optimistic about that.

The best times I had in 06 were at the ballpark, it was a lovely summer. And just walking my dog and enjoying nature and her.

2006 was a shitty piece of shit-covered shit. I was just thinking about it and realized all this shit happened in one year. honestly things started going wrong in january and it's just kept building up to december. great, now I'm feeling bitter and resentful toward the year 2006 in general. :angry:

2007 had better be fucking amazing :crack: :drool:

since i graduated in 2000
every other year has rotated between being good and not so
2005 was a really good year, for the most part
2006 was totally unlike any other
and depending on how i look at it
it was either one of my favourites
or one of the worst
i can't decide.
it's open for interpretation

2006 had some really good points, but overall, I think I'll look back and think it was a generally crappy year. The bad outweighed the good in this instance :|

overwhelming, in a good way. I moved 1000 miles away from my family and friends to start a new life, and the year is ending better than I expected and 2007 is looking just as good.

Actually pretty damn fantastic. The second half of it was great, the first half, I honestly don't even remember.

Good feeling about 2007.... :drool:

The first half was pretty good for me, but it started to suck around May - August, then it got awesome again.

Great year for movies and music though :up:

Pretty good overall...

1) Got a job offer from Bentley Motors (Crewe) last week to work in their Pilot Hall and turned them down, thus getting a pay rise of £9/hour in the process to do my current job at Perkins Engines in Peterborough which I love

2) Witnessed some of my best friends getting baptised, and married - both in the same year for one friend

3) Got shot of my beat up Vauxhall Astra hatchback and got myself a BMW :uhoh: :D

4) Consolidated my debts lingering over from my MPhil and with my pay rise I should be able to pay them off during 2007

5) Got to know God a bit more and myself in the process

6) And I caught some fish including a brace of 20lb+ carp in one 24 hour session. Which was nice!

7) Still not finished 12 hours of ZooTV on DVD :reject:

VertigoGal said:
2006 was a shitty piece of shit-covered shit. I was just thinking about it and realized all this shit happened in one year. honestly things started going wrong in january and it's just kept building up to december. great, now I'm feeling bitter and resentful toward the year 2006 in general. :angry:

2007 had better be fucking amazing :crack: :drool:

Don't need to add anything else. VertigoGal covered my year perfectly.

Mostly crap but there has been some improvement since September after re-discovering there are some nice people out there! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom