2006-2007 College Football (USA) [postseason of 05-06, into pre06, and so on] - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2006, 12:00 AM   #76
War Child

Local Time: 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by trojanchick99

All I have been hearing is how excited Vidal is about playing at USC and that he was trying to get his teammate Keiland Williams to sign with the Trojans. Here is the latest:

http://www.silive.com/sports/advance...ll=1&thispage=

This is starting to tick me off. The fact that his father is saying all of these things to the press is sad. I really feel bad for the kid. He shouldn't be put in this type of position.
Yeah, I read the silive.com article earlier this evening, also one w/ similar info on Rivals. After reading those, plus a few other things all I can say is....

You take him, TrojanChick, he's all yours!!!!!!!!

Maybe we'll see you in the Rose Bowl some day.

Old 02-03-2006, 04:32 AM   #77
War Child

Location: in the land of the GEORGIA BULLDOGS...WOOF WOOF WOOF
Local Time: 03:17 AM
Congrats to Coach Mark Richt and my Georgia Bulldogs on an incredibly talented recruiting class!!!!
Give us another year or two, and we should be playing for the championship!!!!

Old 02-09-2006, 09:29 PM   #78
The Fly

Local Time: 02:17 AM
Charlie Weis... Meet Jimmy Clausen and his band of 5 pointed Wide Outs. Tis true.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:30 AM   #79
War Child

Looks like VH is finally going to make up his mind( for the third time) this Friday at noon. Dad has been softening on his anti-Pete stance. I see Vidal sticking w/ USC.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:44 AM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold, Jr
Looks like VH is finally going to make up his mind( for the third time) this Friday at noon.
So is it gonna be Dave, Sammy, Gary or someone new?
Old 02-23-2006, 12:21 AM   #81
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
So is it gonna be Dave, Sammy, Gary or someone new?
Maybe they could offer the gig to Nick Lachey so he doesn't have to sue Jessica for alimony.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:38 PM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:17 PM
Much like a TeleNovela, the Vidal Hazleton soap opera has finally come to a close.

The LOI has been faxed in. Hazleton is a Trojan! I hope his dad is happy now.

Final Episode of As the Recruit Turns
Old 02-24-2006, 02:53 AM   #83
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by trojanchick99
Much like a TeleNovela, the Vidal Hazleton soap opera has finally come to a close.

The LOI has been faxed in. Hazleton is a Trojan! I hope his dad is happy now.

Final Episode of As the Recruit Turns
Best of luck with that one.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:39 PM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:17 AM
USC QB, John David Booty, heir apparent to the Matt Leinart throne, OUT for the remainder of spring training and will HAVE BACK SURGERY!!!

This leaves 2nd year Freshman Mark Sanchez, High School All_American, a majority of the snaps until summer...

OMG!
Old 04-01-2006, 05:02 AM   #85
War Child

Isn't Sanchez the guy they really want starting anyway?
Old 04-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #86
ONE
love, blood, life

Truthfully, Mark Sanchez is possibly the area favorite only because he was a local High School star and broke many records; he's popular....his father and I were friends back in the early 70's but I haven't spoken with him since...

JD Booty got some playing time during the end of those blow out games... like Randy Jackson would say, "I don't know, dawg, I don't think he's (Mark Sanchez) ready for the big show..."

Time will tell.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:32 PM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:17 PM
FUCK. Because the program isn't in enough turmoil. Hope Mike McDonald is ready to play. Someone needs to get control of this program, because this is making me ill.

USC QB Sanchez Arrested For Alleged Sexual Assault

Mark Sanchez, a redshirt freshman battling to become USC's starting quarterback, was arrested in the 4100 block of McClintock just north of the campus at about 4 p.m. today after a female USC student reported to police that she had been sexually assaulted by Sanchez earlier in the day, said Officer Jason Lee, an LAPD spokesman.

LAPD's elite robbery-homicide division is investigating the case. Sanchez, 19, has been booked on suspicion of sexual assault, and is in custody in the jail at LAPD's Parker Center, in downtown Los Angeles. He has not been charged, Lee said.

USC Coach Pete Carroll, who was out of town recruiting, said early this evening that he was aware of Sanchez's arrest and that the Trojan football program would cooperate fully with the LAPD.

Sanchez took most of the snaps in USC's recently completed spring practice after John David Booty, the quarterback he is in competition with for the starting job next season, was injured.

He was highly sought and was widely considered among the nation's best players at his position after starring for championship football and basketball teams at Mission Viejo High.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:51 AM   #88
War Child

These allegations get thrown around so often in the sports community you don't know who to believe. I'll never understand athletes who commit these acts. Given that they can get laid just about any time they want, why force the issue with a woman that isn't interested? Just move on, dude. Plenty more to see...

BUT.... Sometimes they are falsely accused due to their celebrety status. And the accusers always go without punishment. I'll never get that either.

One of Penn State's defensive tackles, Scott Paxson, is currently in a similar ordeal as Mr. Sanchez. He admits to sleeping with his accuser, but contends that she never said "no" nor took any defensive action during their time together.

The plaintiff admits as much, but still is persuing her complaint. In light of the above admission plus other facts coming into focus, the charges have been reduced, but are still felonies.

I guess in any of these incidents, we just pray for the true to come out.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:06 PM   #89
ONE
love, blood, life

All he had to do was say, "Yes, I'll call you ...." Kidding aside, I read that the gal lives in the same dorm... whatever happens, I hope its for the right reasons...

(Meaning, if he did it, he gets it; if he didn't...well, there's no real winner in these cases.... )
Old 04-28-2006, 04:59 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

After the way the Duke lacrosse thing has gone down so far, there's good reason to be skeptical of a lot of things on both sides.