2006-2007 College Football (USA) [postseason of 05-06, into pre06, and so on]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For Honor said:
and now Bush isn't the glory-fied #1 draft pick....

I've always been a little skeptical of skill position players coming from programs with freakish talent like USC. Was he really that great, or did the O-line just kick the shit out of everyone across from them?

Bush obviously is a fine player, but some "experts" are already clearing a space for him in Canton, Ohio. Not sure I buy the "can't miss" label yet.

The impression the media gives is that Bush, ML, the Oline, and EVERYONE else from USC is awesome.

There was more coverage for ML than anyone else in the entire draft show. Even now, I just turned it on again, and I saw more ML clips. It's kind of disgusting.

Obviously, Bush, ML, and USC's successes were all related. Personally, I think it's unreasonable to distinguish the individual greatness of a player in that situation. No doubt USC had a good and talented team. But putting all of that on one person's shoulders is somewhat absurd.

my GOD

How many ML segments is ESPN going to run? This is pathetically bad.

Now we even get to see the behind the scenes look of poor ML, 10th overall pick in the NFL draft. :rolleyes: Come on.

MLs not dissapointed, ESPN is. I wonder if they are going to continue ML throughout his career like this. It's getting overbearing, though.........

Matt Leinart Wins Beauty Contest Portion Of NFL Draft
NEW YORK—Matt Leinart, the USC quarterback, former Heisman Trophy winner, and current ESPN Hottest Male Athlete, cashed in early at the 2006 NFL Draft when he was chosen first by a panel of eight celebrity judges in the draft's Tuesday night beauty pageant at New York's W Hotel. "Matt was the obvious No. 1 pick—he has the All-American bone structure, the amazing eyes, and the hair that has stunned all the scouts," said celebrity judge and NFL Network host Rich Eisen, who presented Leinart with the draft pageant's coveted Joe Namath Trophy. "Get used to seeing this kid on magazine covers nationwide, if you haven't already." Leinart was modest when accepting the trophy, but said he was concentrating on Saturday's player draft, during which he is expected to be upstaged by less handsome athletes with stronger throwing arms and more mobility.

I got it for XBox, mostly because I'm still wary of the first installment of 360 sports games after the terrible treatment Tiger Woods, NBA Live, and Madden received last year. I think I'm going to start 360 sports with Madden 07 next month, because hopefully they'll work on making the game play well rather than look pretty.

But on to the the game: it's very similar to last year's game, but with a few tweaks here and there. Passing is a little more difficult, since you can't just chuck it up there and wait for Limas Sweed to come down with it now. Other than that, there aren't a whole lot of differences. New rosters and new impact players, obviously. All in all, it's good stuff. Runs really well on XBox Live.

Back
Top Bottom