2006-2007 College Football (USA) [postseason of 05-06, into pre06, and so on]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

vick.jpg

That is a rather humerous quote...

But it's too obvious to be truly funny, or really prove anything.

Is blitz still around? I thought it was dead

trojanchick99 said:
Fans with too much time on their hands.

Bitter LSU Fans

This is pathetic. The sad thing is that they should have better things to do with their $10000 than put up a billboard. You know, like help hurricane ravaged Louisiana.

Well, if they really cared about accuracy, they'd note that USC has one and a half consecutive national championships.

This kid can hit; he wants to make up for 1/2 game he missed against FSU!

"Penn State's Posluszny to return for senior year..."
January 10, 2006

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) -- All-American linebacker Paul Posluszny will bypass the NFL draft and return to Penn State for his senior year.

Posluszny, winner of the Butkus Award as the country's top linebacker, partially tore two ligaments in his right knee late in the fourth quarter of the Nittany Lions' 26-23 triple overtime win over Florida State in the Orange Bowl last week.

Team doctors said Posluszny will need six to eight weeks of rehabilitation. He most likely will be ready when spring practice starts in late March.

His return will ease coach Joe Paterno's makeover on defense, which will lose seven senior starters.

Mike and Mike in the morning just reported Bush would be returning to USC. They are trying to confirm it. If this is true, wow, that is stupid.

ok they got it mixed up, michael bush is staying for his senior year.

i dont think you can give up on carr yet, get him an offensive line and reggie bush and maybe he'll be good.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
houston would be insanely stupid to take vince young over reggie bush.

I completely agree. But remember, they are Texans. I have never met a group of people so enamoured with themselves and their state as Texans. Imagine the possibilities if they draft their hometown kid, Vince Young?

I think they will make the right decision, but you never know.

trojanchick99 said:
But remember, they are Texans. I have never met a group of people so enamoured with themselves and their state as Texans.

That's reeeeeeeeeally funny coming from someone in California.

I have to agree with others about Carr. Give the man some protection first before passing judgement.

Houston won't take Young, as nice of a story as that would be. You don't pass on Reggie Bush.

Houston - Reggie Bush
New Orleans - Matt Leinart
Tennessee - Vince Young

Vince can sit and learn a few things at Tennessee while Steve McNair plays one more year. Perfect situation for them.

I don't see Houston giving away Bush, and I think it's a safe bet New Orleans will stay with Leinart, who may not have the physical ability that Vince Young has, but is more of a "pure" quarterback, which is something the Saints desperately need.

Mr. BAW said:
USC Trojan 2006 Schedule....

Date Opponent
Sept. 9 @ Arkansas
Sept. 16 Nebraska
Sept. 23 @ Arizona
Sept. 30 @ Washington State
Oct. 7 Washington
Oct. 14 Arizona State
Oct. 28 @ Oregon State
Nov. 4 @ Stanford
Nov. 11 Oregon
Nov. 18 California
Nov. 25 Notre Dame
Dec. 2 @ UCLA

Notice none of those multiple bye weeks like we saw this season, one bye week between 10/14 and 10/28...new start, new faces, new streak...:hyper:

Changes to the schedule announced this morning; the Trojans moved Game #1 to Sept. 2 for an ESPN time-slot and they now have a 2-week bye between Arkansas and Nebraska...AND (drum-roll...........)

Twinkies for the following year...'SC added Idaho as its 2007 opener...(???) they then added San Jose State for their opener in subsequent years.

But the biggest addition was Colorado State and Ohio State in 2008 and 2009....:yes:

Back
Top Bottom