2005 to be best year for music in recent memory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dragonfave said:
Here are two bands that none of you guys heard of, but I for one, will be "really" looking forward to: JIMMY CHAMBERLAIN COMPLEX, BLOC PARTY :hyper: :hyper: :happy:

But Bloc Party has already been mentioned twice ;) :wink: :up:

Oh yeah, I forgot about Moby.
I'm curious to see what he will come up with. 18 was a major disappointment and unfortunately I'm not expecting much, but he might surprise us.

And I also forgot about Blackalicious and British Sea Power!! high expectations there for sure.

Bono's shades said:
Kate Bush is supposedly going to release a new album in 2005. Since she hasn't released new material in something like 10 years and I'm a big fan, this is very exciting. :hyper:

YIPPEE!!! I'm looking forward to this too!

And has anyone mentioned Depeche Mode? They're back in the studio....and I'm VERY excited about this!!! :applaud:

The collaboration between Notwist and Themselves is really sweet as well.

oh yeah, elbow has a new one coming out this year as well!

yeah the new DM is cooking right now - it;s supposed to surface out in late 2005 with tour in 2006 ;

that's more in this : the producer of the new DM is Ben Hiller - the one who produced the lates from Doves - which is a must, imho !

good topic for putting my new-LP-alerts in my head.. and pockets, of course !

calinu2ro said:
that's more in this : the producer of the new DM is Ben Hiller - the one who produced the lates from Doves
And who also did some mixing on U2's Pop.

2005 would be an even better year if Radiohead would hurry up and make a new album...it's been since June 2003, going on two years.

Regardless, it doesn't matter what's released this year or how good it is, it's never gonna be enough to make 2005 better then the legendary 1991.

yes lots of good music...the ones im looking forward to are

springsteen
coldplay
dave matthews
stereophonics
moby

and i remember reading that the who were working on something but dunno when it will be released.

i'm waiting desperately for the new BECK & QOTSA albums.
btw the best year in music (in recent memory) wad 1991:
massive attack, nirvana, pearl jam, guns 'n roses, u2...the result are 5 classic albums.

Check out the Brazilian Girls...

This is the hottest band around....and the lead singer is the sexiest thing EVER to set foot on a stage. Trust me.

Back
Top Bottom