2005-2006 College Football (USA)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reggie Thee Dog said:
If USC goes undefeated and wins an "UNPRECENTED" third National Championship, trust me that drive will be made legend.

:yes:

4th & 9 and hitting a receiver who is blind in one eye in full stride will be part of the legend.

If USC goes undefeated and wins an "UNPRECENTED" third National Championship, trust me that drive will be made legend.

You are absolutely right. It will go down with the Comeback. Heck Anthony Davis might have to reliquish, or at least share, the Notre Dame Killer title.

and another note... if reggie bush isn't the #1 pick in the draft this year, there's something seriously wrong.

I think it depends on who is drafting. Other than Matt Leinart there really aren't going to be top notch QB's this draft. That dude from Vandy, maybe the Oregon QB. So, if a team desperate for a QB is first, Leinart might go before Bush.

It has been a real pleasure watching this guys for the past 3 years. I've been lucky enough to see a couple of games from the field, and trust me, you don't get how fast Reggie is unless you see him from that perspective.

As for this weekend, I will be lucky enough to be in Vegas. I will also get to see the Troy Polamalu vs Carson Palmer "grudge" match as Pittsburgh takes on Cincy on Sunday. I seriously don't know who to root for. Love both those guys.

while usc won the game, and deservedly so for nd failing to stop them on 4th and 9....lets not overlook the fact that reggie bush committed an obvious infraction. leinhart was about to be stopped on that qb sneak when reggie bush pushed him over the goalline.....sports sites all over the net are now calling him reggie push. and lets not also forget that the ball shouldve been placed at at least the 1 yard line.....if anyone wants a highlight video of this, they can let me know and ill make a ysi link.

but congrats to usc...and who said fresno state was supposed to be usc's biggest competition this year? it was widely known early in the season that the game at south bend was usc's biggest challengeand maybe cal and ucla.

2004 NCAA Rulebook, Rule 9, Section 3, Article 2 b: "The runner shall not grasp a teammate; and no other player of his team shall grasp, push, lift or charge into him to assist him in forward progress.

50803358.4.jpg

Last edited:
Ooh, and the controversy will probably make it even more juicy, and legendary, etc etc

Now, I wasn't planning to say it in this post, but, that image.....
So, not falling ass backwards, but assisted into the endzone, assbackwards.....

Excellent photo find......

But I know it won't change anything. Sports are made on human error, on famous calls and no-calls.......

NYRangers78 said:
2004 NCAA Rulebook, Rule 9, Section 3, Article 2 b: "The runner shall not grasp a teammate; and no other player of his team shall grasp, push, lift or charge into him to assist him in forward progress.

Is there a game when this doesn't happen?

i see what your saying about the first part of the rule...yes especially running backs grab onto their teammates to follow their blocks...but waht im talking about pertains to the second part of the rule.. and has it happend as blatantly obvious and on such a game changing play? all my years of watching college and nfl football, i cant remember a play where the running back or someone else so blatantly obvious from behind pushed the ball carrier forward. ..usually it doesnt happen because the ball carrier is behind blockers, not the other way around. ....its one thing to follow your blocks, its another to be pushed forward from behind by a teammate. the rule is in the book, it should be enforced....if it was nd doing that to usc and had ruined usc's unbeaten streak, i think ud be saying what im saying now...just my 2 cents....:)

congrats on the win. i can honestly say that was the greatest game i have ever seen in my life...i see u are a big usc fan..im a big nd fan. i even have the leprechaun tattooed on my left arm. if u want ill post that ysi link for you. its the biggest highlights of the game put to star wars music or something along those lines.

Last edited:
The only time I've seen this really happen in a game was William "The Fridge" Perry picking up the running back and trying to toss him into the end zone.

He didn't get called with a penalty.

I think there is consistent pushing by linemen to advance a player forward.

The Fridge was soooo blatant - it was clearly violating the spirit of the rule.

I remember the old Green Bay game, I think one of the first super bowls, where there is a famous picture of a guy with his arms in the air, kinda like he's signalling for a touchdown.

But really, he's just falling forwards, and he doesn't want to get penalized for pushing his back into the endzone, so that's why his arms are up.

I saw it on TV once, and this discussion made me think of it.

Nebraska with an ugly second half preformance today. But what scared me most is how some fans are reacting to it; throwing in the season already is completely out of whack

What else happend 'round the world of college football?

I think someone beat Tenn., but I don't know who was playing them. USC set some records, (but I'll wait for all the fans here to fill us in on that), unless, of course, we all want to keep talking about last weeks ND game..........

Speaking of ND, didn't they set some records today, too?

I was watching one game and the announcers were talking about this pushing in the back, and in fact, it happened in the game I was watching, and the refs, again, didn't call it, even though the announcers saw it or something like that........

seems like a penalty that the refs need to be made more aware of......

If Brad Smith had a better supporting cast, he'd be a Heisman Winner, not just a candidate. End of story. I don't care if your a Trojan fan or not. 500 yards of total offense by himself :|

for honor, brady quinn on nd set the record for single game passing record for touchdowns...he had 6 td passes yesterday against byu. and maurice stovall set the record for 4 td catches in one game and the record for most catches in one game....

Ah, NU v OU this saturday. I suppose it won't mean as much as it has in the past, but it will mean a lot to the teams....

At least it will be a split national basis, so I might actually get to see them on TV for once (I am rarely at a location that can support me with a Husker game). Looking forward to it :)

What other big games are coming up, anyone know?

This weekend's big matchup is the largest outdoor cocktail party.
Georgia vs Florida.
DJ Shockley's injury takes a little shine off the penny though.

As for Nebraska/Oklahoma, its a pretty big game cause the loser will be in danger of not getting a minor bowl invite.

Ah........ "the worlds largest out door cocktail party", heh... I remember hearing about that rivalry when playing some college football video games.......But this will be the first time I'll really be able to see it, and know about it, and know it's impact on the world of CFB.

I really like SEC rivalries :rockon:

And about NU......... even more than that, it will test this team to see how they can come back from a loss in a game that they could have and should have won. And OU is going to be the "power of the mustache" game, where everyone lets their facial hair grow out a little..... haahha, the things you learn when you begin to follow a team........

anyways...... I'm just looking forward to saturdays. My favorite weekends of the year are at this time - football season.

:D

Texas passes USC in the Harris poll...Texas #1 :yikes:

USC remains #1 in the other polls but its that damn BCS computer that's trying to figure things out again...BCS better watch it,,,the National title game could be Georgia v. Alabama...:lol:

That'll draw lot of interest in So. CA where the game is played at the Rose Bowl.

Mr. BAW said:
...BCS better watch it,,,the National title game could be Georgia v. Alabama...:lol:

Nah, if they both go unbeaten (unlikely, 'Bama's been squeaking by, due to lose, and Shockley's out for UGA, so I think they will both lose at least one), they'd meet in the SEC title game and 1 would hafta lose, but the other might get to the Rose Bowl on strength of schedule.

Look for Texas to play either USC or VA Tech( if they beat Miami they could sneak in) in the Rose Bowl, and win.

Still, Bama and Georgia in the Nat' championship game..... I'd love to see that.

Boy, I wonder where U2Bama is?

If VA tech gets in, that would be interesting. Of course, I'd hear for ages about how USC got ripped off, etc etc etc etc. Still, it would be interesting, though.

You're right, if ucla doesn't blow it that game should be epic. Although, I can't imagine ucla handling the pressure very well.

At this point, USC wins out, they are in the Rose Bowl. USC has comfortable leads in the Coaches and Harris polls. Texas' schedule strength down the stretch is horrid (down year for the Big 12), while 'SC still has 3 ranked teams, Cal, Fresno St and of course top 10 ucla (I write it yet still find it hard to believe).
What will be interesting is what the computers make of VaTech and whether they will jump Texas and whether that will make any difference, as Texas is comfortably in 2nd in the human polls.

Oh, btw, I freaking HATE the BCS.

trojanchick99 said:

What will be interesting is what the computers make of VaTech and whether they will jump Texas and whether that will make any difference, as Texas is comfortably in 2nd in the human polls.
Won't be a factor after they get upset by Boston College tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom