2005-2006 College Football (USA)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it when Nebraska scores/wins.

But the defense won't last unless the offense can sustain drives and score TDS....................... :\

Okay, I'm going to agree with you

I like defensive touchdowns a lot :happy:
:superhappy:

but like I said, the defense can't stay out there forever....

I'm looking forward to the OSU game, though....... :hyper:

But still........

FF95607-s.jpg

FF95607-s.jpg

Heh, they will be like Ks for baseball.

But should they represent turnovers for NU, or just defensive touchdowns? hmm......... :hyper:

Last edited:
Hmm, I didn't know Archie Griffin was the only 2time winner of the heisman....

Man, I'm getting urges to play NCAA 2006.........

i wonder how long I can hold out.......

wait, I don't need to hold out :happy:

nebraska hasn't scored an offensive touchdown yet, but are winning 14-0...

:huh:

Displeasing.

The commentators are right - the offense has no identity.
What is their offense? I don't know.

They pass when they ought to run, that's all I know...
I guess it's supposed to "catch them off gaurd". But too many incompletions.... :shame:

OSU can have buckeyes, but I'll post these "blackshirts"

That makes 3 defensive scores tonight :hyper:

34-29515-m.jpg
34-29515-m.jpg
34-29515-m.jpg

Hows OSU/Texas going??

Wow, OSU messed up a little. Good game so far, 19 sec left

Nebraska won 31-3 or something like that.
Solid win, streaky, streaky offense though

Great weekend of college ball. I am still not sold on ND though. This same thing happened back in 2002, and then they got plastered by 'SC.

Ohio State would be scary if they had a running game, oh and if they would just pick a freaking qb.

LSU would have issues in the Pac-10 with that Secondary. ASU would have won that game if Koetter had any guts and blitzed on that 4th down.

As for this week. Take USC and the points, as Arkansas lost to Vandy. Take ucla, as much as it pains me to write this, they will pick OU apart.

Oh, and I love Defensive scores too. Although, I don't think Matt Leinart likes them too much, as Bing's INT return kept him off the field for the entire 1st quarter.

Oh, Hawaii was amazing.

This is Nebraska's chance to make it to the big 12 title game. They have no reason not to. They just need to get there offense in gear....

No passes on: 3rd and short :mad:
Or within the 5 yard line :mad:

We are not that good yet, not consistent enough yet.

Saturday night, I sat on the 50 yard line, 32 rows up in Tuscaloosa, but for this catch, I would have loved to be 1 row up in the North endzone:

3449895523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3A7%3D463%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A%3A%3A%3A34%3A89ot1lsi

IW3U0467.jpg

Truly the high point of a somewhat disappointing game. Although we won, we were horrible for much of the first quarter. If we could only put 4 good quarters together...

~U2Alabama

Last edited:
U2Bama - I heard about that catch, but never go to see it!

Great photo!

Although I may have reservations about "warm weather states", I always liked Alabama.

:rockon:

And Nebraska is the same way - we need 4 good quarters from O,D, and special teams.... :| Hope it happens soon..............

Here's a link to the video of the catch.

Alabama is not warm enough for me, year round. It gets into the 30s, sometimes the 20s in the winter. I'd prefer a year-round 90 degrees, maybe 85 at night, but with a 2 week cold snap around Christmas and New Year's with a good dose of snow.

Our D can disappoint in the first half but has made good halftime adjustments the first 2 games. Our O is developing a hot passing game, particularly Croyle (QB) to Prothro (above) on long plays or to Castille on short key plays. We can always depend on Ken Darby to run some yards.

We do not have a special teams unit.

~U2Alabama

trojanchick99 said:

As for this week. Take USC and the points, as Arkansas lost to Vandy.
You're not "taking" points with USC, you're "laying" 31 points.
You won't see USC getting points all year.

And I'd "take" the 6.5 with OKLA vs UCLA, UCLA is improved for sure but should not be favored in that game.
And "take" the 7 with Michigan State. Weis has done great things with NOtre Dame so far, but 2 things work against the Irish this week...major letdown possibilty after the big win in Ann Arbor, and eventually the talent is gonna seek its true level, MSU has more talent currently, Weis is doing wonders with players he inherited, but ND's true turnaround will come in a couple of years when the team is loaded with Weis recruits playing his system.

Yeah I'm not too happy with Ohio State's game Saturday. They actually have two QB but with both combined barely makes a decent QB....hope they do much better this week :|

You know what is absurd? I live in the far eastern side of NYstate....

I don't get to see Nebraska v Pitt
OR the Ohio State game

I get Miami v Clemson........

:eyebrow: :angry:

Jimmy Barnes, freshman QB at Alabama...grew up here with our kids through elementary and middle school, Little league, soccer, everything...lived in town but went to play football for his father at powerhouse Los Alamitos High School...

He's gonna be a good one just needs to get some speed...as slow as my typing....

I've heard a lot about Jimmy and we are anxious to see him get some playing time. His passing stats are great and that should work well with what Shula wants to do with our offense. He's in the same class as John Parker Wilson, our other Freshman starting QB who is from nationally known Hoover HS here in Birmingham. So, either one of them will emerge or we'll have a "quarterback controversy" like we did in '99 with Zow & Watts.

~U2Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom