2005-2006 College Football (USA) - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2005, 07:27 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by For Honor

That's just it, though. USC wouldn't be the same if it was in the Big 10 because they would not be in Cali. They don't ahve to do any work for recruiting, because everyone is right there in Cali.

Someone mentioned bitterness about the SEC because they live on the West Coast?
I don't know if that's true. Currently, USC is recruiting nationally. Dwayne Jarrett and Brian Cushing from NJ, Mike Williams and Keith Rivers from Florida, Patrick Turner from TN, LenDale White from CO. The list continues. USC recruits well because of the winning and the coaching.

Yeah the location doesn't hurt but it's not the only thing.

Having to live through those winters, I can understand the bitterness

Old 08-13-2005, 07:54 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by trojanchick99

Try Oregon, Cal and Arizona State. What happened the last time Michigan traveled to Oregon?

Trust me to run the table in any BCS conference, even the Big East, you have to be a great team and you have to be lucky.
But are we not talking about the upcoming season?? Checking the title of the thread, and thats appears to be the case?? So what does a game that took place several years ago have to do with the upcoming season??

Oregon, Cal and AZ state??? Juggernauts!! If those are the other great teams in your conference you have just proved my point (they are not bad teams, just not title contenders). Campare that to Ohio State, Iowa, Michigan and Purdue. All in the top 15. The rest of what you said is, well, exactly what I said. So I'm not sure what the point was???

Like I said before, its all on paper at this point. Maybe the Pac 10 will be a surprise this year. But on paper this year, they appear to be the weakest of the big 4 BCS conferences. Thats all I'm saying.

Old 08-15-2005, 01:44 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Having to live through those winters, I can understand the bitterness

If you take me for being jealous of "not having a winter", then you are mis-taken.

I don't like the idea of football becoming too much of a finess sport, nor for it's fans to become too delicate.

But even in the NFL - the shift to having the major championship games in the S half of the US - that's kind of BS. I don't know if it has always been that way, though. But I think it would be great if people got brave enough to both play and spectate football in the snow. But I doubt that will ever happen...

=====================

I did a search for "college football" and I seem to be able to find a lot of NU pic, but I wanted to find something more neutral....
Old 08-15-2005, 06:57 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

Oregon, Cal and AZ state??? Juggernauts!! If those are the other great teams in your conference you have just proved my point (they are not bad teams, just not title contenders). Campare that to Ohio State, Iowa, Michigan and Purdue. All in the top 15. The rest of what you said is, well, exactly what I said. So I'm not sure what the point was???

Like I said before, its all on paper at this point. Maybe the Pac 10 will be a surprise this year. But on paper this year, they appear to be the weakest of the big 4 BCS conferences. Thats all I'm saying.
What I'm trying to say, is playing up at Oregon is not easy. I believe that Oregon could be top 15 as well as ASU. We shall see.

My biggest beef, is the general lack of respect for the Pac 10. Some of that is our conference president sucks. Some of it is the late game.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:09 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

If you take me for being jealous of "not having a winter", then you are mis-taken.

I don't like the idea of football becoming too much of a finess sport, nor for it's fans to become too delicate.

Ahhh, weather snob

I don't know, the one time I was at a game in bitter cold, USC at ND 1995 (snow, sleet, rain) is the last. That was miserable. Much rather watch a game in 70 degree sunny weather. That's why I'm excited to see USC's opener in Hawaii
Old 08-15-2005, 07:20 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

What I'm trying to say, is playing up at Oregon is not easy. I believe that Oregon could be top 15 as well as ASU. We shall see.

My biggest beef, is the general lack of respect for the Pac 10. Some of that is our conference president sucks. Some of it is the late game.
Oh, just about any major division 1 school can beat any other division 1 school on a given saturday. Thats why they play the game. The better team obviously doesnt always win. I'm just saying if you look at the overall quality of the PAC 10 teams this year on paper, it does not appear as strong as the Big 12, SEC, Big 10 or ACC. Looks better than the Big East though, I will give you that! A few years ago the Pac 10 was one of the tougher conferences overall. Everything seems to go in cycles, each conference seems to have a weak overall year at some point. Also, there always seems to be a conference that is a surprise overall. That could be the PAC 10 this year. But USC is the only MAJOR powerhouse on paper in that conference right now. Arizona State could be ok also, but they are no powerhouse.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:04 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Weather snob....... so be it. That's sort of a compliment.

I'll take my winter's anyday of the week. Or everyday.

MWA HAH HAH (but a frozen macdevil mwa hah hah hah....)

I respect regional differences. That's what homefield advantage is all about. But... the championship game shouldn't always be in the lower states. It's not really fair to the other states, but we are a very delicate nation, and god forbid we don't maximize those profits...... , yeah, I know.

-============================

Anyhow, two-aday practices have started in Lincoln...

FOOTBALL TIME IS ALMOST HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-17-2005, 09:23 AM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

I respect regional differences. That's what homefield advantage is all about. But... the championship game shouldn't always be in the lower states. It's not really fair to the other states, but we are a very delicate nation, and god forbid we don't maximize those profits...... , yeah, I know.
Maybe Baskin-Robbins would be willing to sponsor an Ice Cream Bowl in Rich Stadium in Buffalo.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:28 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:00 PM
GO BLUE!

And going back to my Iowa roots, GO IOWA STATE CYCLONES!!!!
Old 08-17-2005, 08:10 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
Oregon, Cal and AZ state??? Juggernauts!! If those are the other great teams in your conference you have just proved my point (they are not bad teams, just not title contenders).
I couldn't agree more. I live in Sun Devil country (if there is such a thing), and believe me, nobody here is thinking national title or even conference title. I don't think they have for quite some time.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:57 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

Maybe Baskin-Robbins would be willing to sponsor an Ice Cream Bowl in Rich Stadium in Buffalo.

now THAT's the kind of inginuity that the NCAA needs!

Great idea. Think of all the promostional stunts they could pull........ snow vixens, snowmen, winter time, santa clause, cold snow, people enjoying the cold,........

And then U2 at half time singing

New Years Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-19-2005, 10:50 AM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Big Grin Scrimmage at USC on Sunday!!!

Can you tell I'm excited about the season. Basically, USC is openning their final scrimmage to the public. They are playing at the Coliseum and admission is free. The Athletic Department is expecting 50,000 to show, which would be amazing for a SoCal crowd.

15 days till our opening game in paradise!!!!

I am currently practicing my hula.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:37 PM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Well I can't knock Cali for it's proximity to Hawaii, or Japan , or China, which are all places I want to visit.........

And I can't knock Cali for it's women, either.

A long time ago, when the NFL was....... well, different, I used to follow it, and was a big 49ers fan. I liked red a lot. I even got one of those silly pictures that said I was the MVP on the scoreboard... but I guess that was "cute" considering that I was really young then......

But the irony for me is........

If I had really been a football player like I wanted to be, I would be really interested in going to Nebraska, since it is my favorite school, and now they have the WCO that the 49ers had apparently mastered back in their time. Oh well, it is interesting to think what might have been.

But it is better to think about what is and what is to come, I believe...

(pssst - trojanchick99 take some pictures of Hawaii........

You know, so you can show us all how nice it is, and you can even poke fun at me because I live in the NorthEast. I don't care, I'm willing to take that in return for some Hawaii pics.....

But you know... Hawaii is really not a place for football
It's weather is way too nice )

((Unless of course you play it on the 'bad' side of an island...heh hehh heh.....))

Enjoy your trip
Old 09-05-2005, 07:43 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Oklahoma, OH NO!!!!

Maybe Nebraska can finish 2nd in the Big XII after all

Where does everyone think they should hold the sugar bowl, now that Lousiana is out of commision?

I heard somebody suggest Arkansas, and I agree.
But some pansies shot him down, saying that "the weather must not be a factor" in bowl games

what a load of shit, pardon my french

What, is football only for warm weathered fools? Can't take the cold? COme on....... I can't believe that. ANd it's Arkansas, it can't be that bad in the winter time..

what is America coming to, when people are afraid to play football in winter?

Pathetic bunch of flowers........

Notre Dame getting back in gear?

And how bout that Clemson win?

COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS HEERE!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2005, 05:36 AM   #60
Refugee

Bucks vs. Horns. Saturday night in the Shoe. Doesn't get any better. Oh, it does, I'll be there!

Go Bucks!