2005-2006 College Football (USA)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Honor said:
That's why college football is so much better than NFL, I believe

You don't have to do what every other team in the nation does to succeed

I didn't mean Vince Young would have to get aclimated to the NFL because of that. I meant that the level of talent in the NFL is much higher and he won't be able to do the things he does now as well.

And while the NFL is a copycat league in some respects, each team has its own unique system. And since it is the best of the best in terms of players, I find the NFL to be better.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it's funny how USC got an advantage from not having replay in the notre dame game, and now they get screwed by not getting a review in a game where there was replay.
Karma took a big bite out of Pete Carroll's ass last night.

I think VY can succeed to a point in the NFL, he won't be Joe Montana, but he won't be Ryan Leaf either.
Probably a better version of say Aaron Brooks...in time maybe Randall Cunningham-esque as has been mentioned.
He won't shed NFL Tacklers like flies or stand with a lineman wrapping him up and still make a throw like last night agianst the USC "defense", so it will be an adjustment, but I think he has the tools to have a decent career.

randhail said:

I'm sure you were saying the same thing about Leinart last year :wink:

No, I said just the opposite....now's VY's chance to make the big bucks ...I really appreciate and respect Matt's ability at QB but he's proved this year that he cannot take a hard hit...did you see how glazed he was last night...Steve Young left the game early because of that...I'm thinking Matt's value dropped a few spots...

Mr. BAW said:

No, I said just the opposite....now's VY's chance to make the big bucks ...I really appreciate and respect Matt's ability at QB but he's proved this year that he cannot take a hard hit...did you see how glazed he was last night...Steve Young left the game early because of that...I'm thinking Matt's value dropped a few spots...

I'd say he recovered from that hard hit quite well in the second half, to have one of his best performances. I'd say his stock has stayed the same.

i wouldnt go as far to say that he'd be what lebraun was to the nba, but he would sell quite a few jerseys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom