2005-2006 College Football (USA) - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2005, 10:53 AM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:13 AM
Just comparing Spurrier's last 3 seasons(not his best, not including the championship season) to the 3 seasons since he left:

Under Spurrier from 99-01: 29-9 (.763)
Since he left: 02-04: 23-15 (.605)

I'd say a noticeable downturn.

Old 08-12-2005, 11:03 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl

What does the N stand for on their helmets?

Nowledge!

Heh.

But seriously, I think I remember reading somewhere that Nebraska was tops in the nation in Academic All-American athletes. Tom Osborne has a Ph.D. in educational psychology and used to teach courses on sports and society.

Old 08-12-2005, 05:07 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

uhm, uconn is clearly winning it all

...yeah...
Old 08-12-2005, 10:14 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

Heh.

But seriously, I think I remember reading somewhere that Nebraska was tops in the nation in Academic All-American athletes. Tom Osborne has a Ph.D. in educational psychology and used to teach courses on sports and society.

TO was the man.

That's why he was a senator - not because he was beloved by his NU fans, well, not just that. But he was a great teacher and educator. I would want someone like him in the governement. And I recently heard he may be running for governer of Nebraska - and if he does, he will win, no competition. He should win. I don't believe it when people say NU is in a hick town...

You are correct about them being a tremendous source of academic all americans. That is their trademark, essentially.

Part of the reason for my great attraction to NU was their values and dedication. I knew nothing about them being the 3rd winningest team in college football when I began to love them. I just remembered them play in an NC game when I was a kid, and something about them stood out - the red and white I always liked, too.

Ah.... but I will stop basking in the glory of my favorite team. Anyone can do that.

one more thing about TO - he was a great leader, and stepped down at his zenith. A class act.

Though, like all schools, I believe NU has had their fair share of scandals and such... but... Nebraka fans can always look to their neighbors to the west for some... relief...

I sort of feel bad for Colorado U....
Old 08-12-2005, 10:20 PM   #35
Refugee

Local Time: 07:13 AM
MUCK FICHIGAN!

GO OHIO STATE!
Old 08-12-2005, 10:25 PM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life

ann arbor is a whore
Old 08-12-2005, 10:36 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener
ann arbor is a whore
I can't believe my sorority made t-shirts that said this!
As well as the Muck Fichigan ones.

That was the year of the A-train fumble. And why Illinois has not had a night game in so long.

:riot:
Old 08-12-2005, 10:50 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I don't know, something about OSU... I never really got on their bandwagon. You'd think I would, though, since I'm a traditional kind of guy, and Ohio is big in football history.

But I like Michigan better, and I guess that's that.

-
------

Edit -

Wait, I'm remembering something.... OSU beat Miami in the championship game a few years back

That earns major points - you know how I feel about warm weather teams, heh heh heh....

I remember rooting for them - that was a very good game. So I repsect OSU a lot, and I always like the Mich OSU game. I even like the Buckeyes, the cool sticker things.

So I suppose I am not really against OSU.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:15 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by For Honor

Edit -

Wait, I'm remembering something.... OSU beat Miami in the championship game a few years back

That earns major points - you know how I feel about warm weather teams, heh heh heh....

I remember rooting for them - that was a very good game. So I repsect OSU a lot, and I always like the Mich OSU game. I even like the Buckeyes, the cool sticker things.

So I suppose I am not really against OSU.
Yeah, and needed referee assistance to get the victory. Can you say "PHANTOM INTERFERENCE CALL". Miami won the game. OSU had a great team that year but they were the Luckeyes in SO many games. It all came together for them and I give them credit for that. But they were not the best College Football team that year. I will say I wasnt rooting for either team in that game though because I dont care for Miami either.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:18 AM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

I can't believe my sorority made t-shirts that said this!
As well as the Muck Fichigan ones.

That was the year of the A-train fumble. And why Illinois has not had a night game in so long.

:riot:
Eloquent!

Hey, as a Michigan fan I can admit that was an awful call. Michigan has been on the receiving end of alot of bad calls in the past as well though. Typically it all evens out in the end. But its always bad when its a major call that possibly changes the outcome of the game. (see my prior post) Fortunately, it wouldnt occur now in the Big Ten. Replay would have reversed the call.

Curious though, why would that fumble call have anything to do with them not playing night games? Teams typically play night games for several reasons. In the south they like to do it early in the season because it is so hot in the afternoon. The other reason is for TV, Universities want a national audience, a night game provides that in alot of cases. I know Michigan has a rule that they dont have a 3:30 kick off or later beyond Oct because it gets to dark and the stadium is next to a residential neighborhood. Also some stadiums do not have lighting for night games. But I dont understand why one bad call in a single game would cause them not to have night games??
Old 08-13-2005, 11:36 AM   #41
Refugee

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blue Room
[B]

Yeah, and needed referee assistance to get the victory. Can you say "PHANTOM INTERFERENCE CALL". Miami won the game.

-----------

After the OSU go ahead touchdown in OT, Miami had it 1st and goal from the 1 and couldn't get it done!
Old 08-13-2005, 12:45 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

[QUOTE]Originally posted by U2ME3
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

Yeah, and needed referee assistance to get the victory. Can you say "PHANTOM INTERFERENCE CALL". Miami won the game.

-----------

After the OSU go ahead touchdown in OT, Miami had it 1st and goal from the 1 and couldn't get it done!
But it shouldnt have even gone to OT, Miami won it in regulation. Outside of Ohio, its obvious to everyone. I dont want to get into an argument about it though because defending Miami isnt something I care to do either!
Old 08-13-2005, 01:19 PM   #43
Refugee

Quote:

But it shouldnt have even gone to OT, Miami won it in regulation. Outside of Ohio, its obvious to everyone. I dont want to get into an argument about it though because defending Miami isnt something I care to do either!
Actually the call occured at the end of the first overtime.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:05 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:13 AM
Quote:
But I dont understand why one bad call in a single game would cause them not to have night games??
Yeah, well....everyone drank all day long so we were good and boozed up by game time. I believe there was an incident with the band.

After the 2 bogus calls and we lost the game we basically rioted on our own campus. good times, good times...
Old 08-13-2005, 07:15 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:13 PM
Quote:

I will say this, if Michigan played in the PAC 10 this year their only serious potential loss would be to USC. The Big 10 has 3 teams in or around the top 10. How many does the PAC 10 have up there besides USC?
Try Oregon, Cal and Arizona State. What happened the last time Michigan traveled to Oregon?

Trust me to run the table in any BCS conference, even the Big East, you have to be a great team and you have to be lucky.