2005-2006 College Football (USA)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vince should run in the 2 points, too

========

*waits*

Alright!

Good job.

Now, can USC's 2 hypesmen snatch a victory?

Both teams deserve it...

who will get it?

GAME OVER

THANK GOD FOR TEXASS

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWHOIEHROETIHETOIETLKNAFLKANSFAKSFNALKFNASlfn

well done

Good job for USC, though.

I am so glad USC didn't win, though :hyper:

I called it :hyper::wink:

now I can talk to my USC Bandwagon friends and mess with them :D

Of course you have a better football team Matt. You live in "so cal" where everything is better, right?

Even a Rose Bowl/NC loss?

LemonMacPhisto said:
I called it :hyper::wink:

now I can talk to my USC Bandwagon friends and mess with them :D

I know, and I don't mean to be too mean.

I'm very competitive.....

Much respect and props to USC, though.

And if they were to change the Heisman trophy, some of those R Bush poseswould be pretty great.

It was a very close game :)

the BCS finally got the best 2 teams to play for the National Championship, it's a miracle

and look at what an amazing game we got

........... :hmm:

commericalizing the National Championship trophy?

I know it's nothing new.... but...... the employees of ADT have nothing to do with college football, imo

No disrespect, though.

Props to Young. What a great performance

I thought the 2003 Fiesta Bowl (Ohio State-Miami) would be pretty tough to beat, but this game did it.

do i still think USC is the better team? yes.

do i still think that if they played 100 times that USC would win at least 75% of the time? yes.

do i still think vince young is going to be a terrible pro quarterback? yes.

was vince young and texas the best team on the field tonight? yes.

congrats to the longhorns... i don't even think they're close to being the best team in the nation, and i think USC blew TONS of chances to put the game away... but texas hung in, and when it was all said and done, they ended up victorious.

:shrug: that said, the best 5 players on the field, despite vince young's amazing performance, were on USC's side.

i know this sort of adds to vince young's ability... but despite an all time game out of young, texas still needed a last minute touchdown to win. so there's still no question in my mind that USC is the best team in the nation... but as everyone knows, that doesn't gaurantee that they'll be the national chamipon.

texas won, and they're the champs... as much as it pisses me off, they won, so they're #1.

Congratulations to Texas...Vince Young carried that team in the end and that's what it took to beat the Trojans.

Though I'm bitterly disappointed, at least Texas is a very deserving team.

Fight on SC :rockon:

Ah, Headache...USC blew 3 opportunities in the first half to score or we'd be celebrating a 3rd straight National Championship, but that's the way the ball bounces. When USC needed one yard, Texas held them and won the game. Props to Texas for a gutsy win...but...for all the talk about how great a defense Texas had, USC churned them up pretty well in the second half (a little victory, but I'll take it). That said, however, Texas stopped them when they needed to and won the game.

Last edited:
not for nothing... if reggie bush doesn't attempt an absolutely TERRIBLE latteral attempt while on his way to an absolute USC touchdown at the end of the first half, than texas doesn't have a chance to win the game.

and while we're on it, there is no doubt... NO doubt.. that Vince Young's knee was down when he pitched that ball. he was down, and for some reason the booth never decided to review it when they obviously should have.

aaaaaaaaand... that was a catch by texas that was ruled an incomplete pass. it shoudl have been USC's ball, but upon review they ruled that it was incomplete. it's amazing that they didn't review an obvious play by young that was not a touchdown in the first half, but this time it was a catch, and they DID review it, and they ruled it wasn't a catch.

that said... texas won, and they're you're national champs. they're not my national champs, but they're yours.

Last edited:
I don't think this game was really super great.

Yes, there were 3 heisman finalists on the line, and it was a quality game, no doubt. A lot of streaks were on the line.

But........

There can be better.

There may have been better in the past, too, I don't know.

:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom