2005-2006 College Football (USA)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like people in Oregon can stop quacking about a BCS snub since they couldn't even handle a weak Oklahoma squad.
Imagine what Ohio St, Notre Dame, Georgia or Penn St would have done to them.

Hewson said:
Looks like people in Oregon can stop quacking about a BCS snub since they couldn't even handle a weak Oklahoma squad.
Imagine what Ohio St, Notre Dame, Georgia or Penn St would have done to them.

Well, it could just be another classic BCS-snubbed team not getting up for the game (though it was close). Either way, it reflects poorly on Oregon.

Last edited:
phanan said:
Oregon had one loss in the regular season. Texas and USC went undefeated.

There is no snub here. It actually worked out this year, for a change.
The perceived Oregon snub was not for the title game, but for one of the at large BCS bids which went to Ohio State and Notre Dame (the other 6 BCS bids go to conference champs from ACC, Big East, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 10 and SEC).
Oregon had 1 loss, and it was to #1 USC and OSU and ND had 2 losses each.
The payout per school for a BCS game is $14-17 Million, Oregon's payout for the Holiday Bowl is somewhere in the $2-2.5 Million range.

Yes once again its all about the $$

yes, very entertaining...like i said before: what a year for bowl games! i've already seen some amazing games...and i'm sure we have lots more in store...
are you watching the Peach Bowl?? why didn't LSU play more like this in the SEC championship game? ( and this is coming from a rabid Georgia fan.)
Eat mor chikin!!!

I saw some of the Sun Bowl, but then I had to leave the 'party', and get on the road again

how'd it turn out?

Any more historic plays happen in the closing seconds? (and fail? :macdevil: )

well, i'm not crying right now, but i am scratching my head over the sugar bowl...my beloved dawgs lost. that first quarter will forever haunt the Bulldog Nation. why it took 28 points for us to finally make adjustments is beyond me!
still, that was a GREAT game (if any of you saw it past the first quarter--final score was 38-35)...
well, for a team that was expected to only finish THIRD in the eastern division of the SEC this year---(we finished FIRST in the east, then won the SEC title, and went to a BCS bowl game)---i'd say "We done GOOD"
can't wait for the last 2 bowl games.....
and God Bless College Football!!!!!!!!

Man, I wanted to see that game, U2doggie, but I didn't catch it. I missed it.

I think I wouldhave liked to see UG win, though.

God Bless CF, though, I agree :up:
(even if the bcs and other things are weird, it still deserves a blessing)

For Honor said:
I saw some of the Sun Bowl, but then I had to leave the 'party', and get on the road again

how'd it turn out?

Any more historic plays happen in the closing seconds? (and fail? :macdevil: )
Sun Bowl had quite the interesting finish, UCLA returned not 1, but 2 onside kicks for TD's (same player too) thwarting Northwestern's comeback attempt twice.

Is it me or was Brent Musburger the world's biggest Ohio St. cheerleader during the Fiesta Bowl yesterday?

the rockin edge said:
great, i see Iowa St lost a bowl game & Iowa plays in one on tuesday. that's all anyone will talk about for the week now :scream::|

Both games were horrible. Iowa State did their usual choke and poor play calling.

Iowa did their normal, start very slow, come on during the middle, and finish just short. Although the calls in that game were horrible. That offside on the onside kick was the wrong call to make.

Damn, the Sugar Bowl turned out to be pretty friggin' good in the end. I was tempted to shut it off after the first quarter but stuck in and saw a pretty good finish. I woulda liked to see UG win though, it would have been an awesome comeback.

Now, is it just me though, or could neither defense finish their tackles? I swear I must have seen at least a half-dozen runs of 50+ yards, and they all involved at least one broken tackle. :scratch:

Hewson said:

Is it me or was Brent Musburger the world's biggest Ohio St. cheerleader during the Fiesta Bowl yesterday?

ugh, Brent Musburger :yuck:

He did the FSU v. Virgina Tech national championship game a few years ago. He was so in love with Michael Vick, my sister and I thought that their engagement would be announced at halftime :madspit:

Yeah we saw way too many shots of the Quinn sisters, goes down in football lore with overexposure of the Brister sisters, Bill Cowher's wife and daughters and worst of all Brenda "lesbian look" Warner.

BEAL said:
That offside on the onside kick was the wrong call to make.
The problem with the replay of the onside kick is that it was from a midfield camera, not one right on the 35 yard line, so you weren't getting a true angle on the guy who they called offsides.
The linesman is right on the 35 at kickoff, his lone responsibility is to look down the line until the ball is kicked, I think the guy was actually offsides, though just barely. Its too bad cause he had nothing to do with the recovery of the kick, but I think the proper call was made.

Could be. Still very close call.

Should have never of come down to a onside kick though. Abdul Hodge played a monster of a game, but I think he ended up costing us the game. His missed assignment on the blocked punt in the first Q was huge.

Again, just little things that Iowa didn't used to do in the past 3-4 years that they did this year and it cost them. We don't have the talent that other big schools do, so we have to make it up with fundamentals.

Oh well. I'll be curious to see how Ferentz's class is this year. He had a top 10 class for 2004.

I'm torn now, because USC winning by 7 gets me a 3 way split victory in a pool worth about $1100, but I still think Texas is gonna do it.

usc beat the piss out of oklahoma last year... oklahoma, of course, shut out texas, led by vince young, last year.

so has texas improved that much over one season, and has USC gotten that much worse to honestly let anyone think that USC might actually lose this game?

the only person USC's offense lost from last year was the backup quarterback, for pete's sake. and he wasn't even supposed to be the backup last year... booty (hehe) was supposed to be, but he got hurt... and the backup who was supposed to be the third string? drafted by the patriots. this team is loaded.

Cassel got more touchdown passes last Sunday than he ever did at USC.

I see USC winning, but their defense isn't exactly the greatest. I think they were ranked somewhere around 37th in total defense, which is why I don't see Texas having a problem scoring in this game.

But USC will score more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom