2005-2006 College Football (USA)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BEAL said:
The only problem is $$$$$$. The NCAA is so tied up with it, that it's completely blind to what a majority of fans and colleges want.

The rationality of the NCAA is questionable. They will penalize a student for eating groceries left on his doorstep; but when ND beat Stanford, the first thing discussed by the commentators was the huge payday for ND.

Hewson said:

Miami is no longer on OOC game for FSU, both now reside in the ACC.

You know, I wish I could say that was the first time I made that mistake re: FSU vs. Miami, but in truth I've been doing that all year and it's irritating.:huh:

Hewson said:
Bowden's team is gonna get pummeled by Joe Pa's in the Orange Bowl. (As would Oregon)

I hope my Nits live up to your expectations

:wink:

trojanchick99 said:
It was mentioned here. Congress berated the BCS, but nothing is going to come of it. The University Presidents are too powerful. Plus asking the US government to fix anything at this point is comical.

Well, the university presidents do kind of have some legitimate authority.

I think they could be persuaded to go with a playoff if the regular season were standardized at 11 games and if there were an 8-team playoff. 14 games total for the finalists, 13 for the semifinalists, 12 for the quarterfinalists.

Congratulations to Nebraska, but those refs were the

Worst. Officials. EVAR.

Forced Michigan to blow two time-outs to force replays, missed the pass interference on Michigan's penultimate drive, wasting 10 seconds before Nebraska's last punt, didn't call a penalty on the last play (both teams should have been penalized for coming onto the field, thus forcing the down to be replayed), etc.

They probably jacked Nebraska over on a few plays as well (probably on the punt interference call). I can't remember any others, but hey, I have a selective memory.

And Tyler Ecker has suffered a massive case of brain-lock in two consecutive games. Against Ohio State he got tackled inbounds on Michigan's last drive, causing the clock to run out. Against Nebraska he got pinned up against the sideline by two defenders and tried to outrun them, oblivious to the fact that Steve Breaston was running behind him.

Last edited:
I didn't see the game, I listened to it on the radio. But yeah, from what I hear, and see on the boards..........

the refs were horrible

I want to get the game on DVD so I can see for myself.........

GO NEBRAKSA
So now all the people who said MU was going to wipe the floor with NU are going to say that MU wasn't really that good anyway.....

:rolleyes:

#2 toughest schedule in the nation.

ANother close game for MU. Statement game for NU

speedracer said:
, didn't call a penalty on the last play (both teams should have been penalized for coming onto the field, thus forcing the down to be replayed), etc.
Michigan would have won if they had the Stanford band with them. :wink:
Man that was one crazy finish.
Glad ESPN replayed the game, I went to bed at 21-17 in the 3rd, got up and the game was on, saw the last 4+ minutes.
Michigan's coaches were waving their players off the field while Nebraska's were all over the field.
Would have been something if they had flagged Nebraska and given Mich an untimed down from the end of the play.
But realistically as you say, both teams should have been flagged and the down replayed, and the resulting play probably would have not been as interesting as the one which stood.

Nice showing by Nebraska.

VUGVYQYQRHBPBSV.20051229063404.jpg

TXEG11212290610-big.jpg
- AP

only 10% of the people on ESPN's pickem (or whatever) selected NU to win. ( I think that was the statistic)

Damn, it's hard to find photos from the game. Anyone know any good sites to find game photos? The schools website has a few, but only 25, and I foudn this one scrounging through the AP. I'm sure there is a betters site, but I don't knwo where to look.

I didn't see the game on ESPN, but I have a feeling I'd like to see how the announcers handled it, according to everyone's reactions. Is it possible to order a copy of it through ESPN?

Last edited:
Hewson said:

But realistically as you say, both teams should have been flagged and the down replayed, and the resulting play probably would have not been as interesting as the one which stood.

Coach Llyod made some good post game comments about instant replay and coach challenges. I agree in that coaches should have some sort of a flag to throw, or something, like in the NFL. But I'm sure that will come in time, if not next year...

Whilst I understand and agree with him..... I still don't believe in burning time outs for the hope of a possible review from the booth.

with the looks of the celebration in that picture you'd think they just won the national championship or somethin...

and am i the only one who seems to remember all the so-called experts saying that last year's national title game was going to be one of the best ever, just like they're saying about this year's game? funny, but i've got a feeling this year's game is gonna turn out the same way last year's game did... a USC blow out

It's always about glorifying the heros

Oh, and a lot of so-called experts said NU would lose by 2+ TDs. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if USC won big in the NC game. I wouldn't be surprised if Texas did, either.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
funny, but i've got a feeling this year's game is gonna turn out the same way last year's game did... a USC blow out
I respectfully disagree, in fact:
Originally posted by Hewson on Oct 17
All that being said, I will predict here and now that your National Champ this season will be Texas.
USC's defense isn't as strong as Texas'.

I still think the difference in the game is that Texas plays D and USC generally does not.
Texas 34, USC 28

Regarding USC's Defense, yes they will give up yardage. And against a balanced pro-style offense (see ND and FSU) they can be scored upon. However, they will force Turnovers, and if VY lets that get into his head, it will be a long day.

Texas needs to establish the run in order to have a chance, because that will keep 'SC's Offense off the field.

I would say that USC's real weakness is not defense, but Special Teams. That is where the injuries have hurt the most. Fresno scored because they were given great field position buy great returns. ND had a punt return for TD. So, Texas had better get some great returns to set up their offense.

I think that USC will win. It won't be a complete blowout, but it will be comfortable. 42 to 21 or so.

anyone a fan of the Florida State Criminoles? they might have another one in AJ Nicholson--and he's already been arrested twice this year--once for DUI (he pleaded no contest), once for resisting arrest in a bar incident (charges were dropped).
Now, he's an alleged rapist?? I sincerely hope he did not do what he is accused of.
Come on Bobby, i love ya, but you need to crack the frickin' whip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom