2004 World Series... Red Sox vs. Red Birds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This woman who does pre- and post-game coverage has something weird going on with her looks, but I can't quite pin it down... :scratch:

DaveC said:
yeah, her.

Ah, well the reason I asked is that in the early 90's I was taking some television production classes in San Diego as part of a program where a lot of aspiring tv news anchors would come and make "audition" tapes.

Just after I left that program Jeannie Zelasco came and made a tape. I saw her tape and all I can say is that there was an astonishing transformation between the time that tape was made and when Jeannie was hired by Fox sports. Her look is very much a product of "television makeup and hair"....... and I know this sounds mean but she looks very plain without the makover. Anyway, I often think of that when I see her on tv.[/random side note]

i've come to accept two things...

1. the red sox are two wins away from doing something that as little as a week ago i honestly believed i would never see in my life time.

2. i'm a complete sucker for believing the red sox doctors & theo epstein's "story" about curt schilling's ankle. the guy probably had nothing more than a simple sprained ankle, and they attempted to make it sound worse than it was to save face. then they send him out in game 6 and he pitched the game of his life... i still bought it. i believed the "willis reed" bullshit. nuh uh... not anymore. every single person that i've talked to in the sports medicine profession, and being in coaching i know quite a few, all say the same thing... no way in hell he could pitch like that with the injury they claim he has. i put belief aside the first time, believing that he just had this incredible MJ Flu game like performance... no more. I don't buy it anymore. He had a sprained ankle and now he's fine. No one can possiably sell me on anything else.

Last edited:
speedracer said:
There are rumors that this may be Schilling's last start because the doctors are worried about screwing up his ankle by having to keep opening it up to fix the tendon.
Actually the rumors are that it may be Schiling's last start cause the series won't make it to a 6th game.

2 down, 2 to go.
Interesting move by LaRussa bringing Marquis in so the Sox hitters won't have to rely strictly on scouting reports, now they know what the kid has (and it didn't look like much).
Now we'll get to see how Jeff Suppan handles pressure.
Where's Rick Ankiel, the savior anyway?

Last edited:
no he left it in st louis when he hit walk off homer to win game 6 nlcs.

suppan handled pressure fine in game 7 against roger clemens :shrug:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i've come to accept two things...

1. the red sox are two wins away from doing something that as little as a week ago i honestly believed i would never see in my life time.

so quickly do you hide your pinstripes

its never over till its over, and i have full confidence in the cardinals to turn this baby around

chiz you need to start posting in these threads again.

last time you did it was games 6 and 7 in the nlcs and the cards won.

dont let them down man.

ive moved and my internet connection sucks right now so its hard to get in here

im so sick of bandwagon red sox fans and the media i am gonna puke

I'm so looking forward to seeing Pedro bat, his long hair hanging out from under his batting helmet. It's gonna be f-ing funny to see.

well, Pedro is certainly sucking ass tonight, isn't he? :|

Still 1-0 Sox but the bases are loaded and Edmonds is batting.

Chizip said:

im so sick of bandwagon red sox fans and the media i am gonna puke

try coming here. some of these people make me look hardcore.

Good lord. Manny Ramirez just threw a guy out at the plate.

(Bill Mueller looked like he was expecting a cutoff throw; good thing he didn't deflect the ball.)

Back
Top Bottom