2004 NHL Playoffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe this is the worst hockey photo ever. The NHL needs to crack down on these types of things if they want to attract new fans to the game. :|

1085979631.jpg

:wink:

The problem is...the majority of the talent in the NHL comes from Canada where it is a requirement that all men look like lumberjacks. "Doing something" about this look would lessen the talent pool even further.

PLus, they (the Canadaians, by law) have to keep up the appearance for the fans in cities like Tampa Bay and Raleigh and Anaheim. It keeps these type of people out of Canada (the Anaheimites, Tampa Bayians and Raleighgions).

Ever since that whole Monty Python skit, right-winged, anit-homosexual Americans fear lumberjacks - and Canadians that look like lumberjack.

nevermind :up:

Personally I find him to be mantastic.

:sexywink:

Maybe in our current culture, that prefers beauty, fashion, and personal groomsmanship, there isn't room for classic form and true afro-vigor. Maybe we don't recognize attractive qualities, even if they were in the parking lot ready to give us hepatitis. But regardless... isn't he working that powerade bottle?

I mean really.

Money-shot for Commodore 64 :up:

~will ferrell.

Last edited:
There is a place in hockey for the trollish lumberjack.

They are free to look however they want. But, the NHL needs to concentrate on releasing photos of the Patrick Marleaus of the game...ease the fans in gently.

"I will be well rested and almost arrested"

Ah, Ville Nieminen. How the Avs miss you. :up:

I will laugh as he gets his name on the Cup for the second time.

I'm dumbfounded.

Still pondering whether I should go to 17th avenue on Saturday.

Crowd-stomped wasn't high on my list of ways to go, but I guess we've all gotta go somehow.

Cheers to a unpleasant passing.

Pinball Wizard said:
Still pondering whether I should go to 17th avenue on Saturday.

Crowd-stomped wasn't high on my list of ways to go, but I guess we've all gotta go somehow.

Cheers to a unpleasant passing.

You should go.

There's nothing like a quick psychological study of "Crowd rule" - imagine Calgary becoming "Lord of the Flies" (for all I know, it might already be that way).

I leaped from my dorm room and headed across the river to Minneapolis with a group of friends after the Twins won the World Series in (fuck I am old) 1991. It was a good time.

If you go within 20 miles of downtown Calgary tomorrow night, bring the following items:

- Club
- 2x4 (preferably with rusty nails sticking out)
- Flak Jacket
- Army-grade Kevlar helmet
- Industrial-strength fire extinguisher
- Pistol (optional)
- Car Jack (for easier car-flipping)
- Large Rocks (for easier window-smashing)
- Tear Gas
- Flare beacons
- 24 beer

And that's just the cops. :wink:

:hug: for my favourite pie.

I have sympathy for the 'wolves too. Kirby Puckett... now those were the days, eh minnesota?

Yes that was random. Just like the intention behind my acts of violence later tonight.

This is amazing. I go to India for a few months and the next thing I know the hockey world turns upside down - a Canadian team might actually win the cup this year??? And Calgary and Tampa Bay are in the final???? Has the Earth shifted its axis? Is it about to snow here in Bombay?

This could be like 1989 all over again. Vancouver and the Flames go to the 7th game overtime in the 1st round, Calgary wins, and they go on to win the Cup. It would be a great story if they could pull it off this time....so, yeah, this Canucks fan will be rooting for them (since they're now "Canada's Team" and all ;) ).

Hear that sound? That was the sound of Canada's collective heart cracking.

Let's hope it doesn't break tomorrow night.

GO FLAMES GO!!! :wink:

i find it amazing that all of Canada will so easily give up allegancy to their own team to root for another canadian team just so an American team won't win the cup. I could never root for a red wings or avalanche in the finals just because they were an american team going for the cup.

and for this very reason I am rooting for tampa bay to win. i used to root for canadian teams to win, but canadians have ruined that for me. go tampa bay, the new america's team!

Haha.

:up:

I know what you mean chizzer. It's unique that "all of Canada" cheers for the lone Canadian team... this year is different because the only north squad left standing is a team that hasn't pissed other fans off (mostly because they haven't been competitive for the last decade). If the team remaining was Vancouver, Ottawa, or Toronto... there would be more support and sentiment for the opposing American team (in certain regions of the country).

A lot of Canadian cities want their team to be the team that ends the drought... but a domestic small market franchise with heart is apparently the next worthy substitute.

Yes, I'm cheering for the Flames... but for completely selfish reasons. Not nationalistic flag-waving, chest beating, or tears for former glory type reasons. It's much more convenient to make excuses for your team, if they lost to the champions...

:sexywink:

Last edited:
I am so excited that this went to 7 games. It should be a crazy one tonight. :up: :up: Its about 90 degrees F here and all I care about is drinking a cold one and watching the game!

May the best team win. Lets see some good goals tonight. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom