2004 NHL Playoffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zoney! said:
Detroit versus Calgary...is it a dream Cujo???? :D

A dream of the lucid variety.

lucid.

:sexywink:

LMPA is right, Detroit shouldn't and probably won't underestimate Calgary. I've seen many Wings games here, and there is an extremely large group of Motor City fans... maybe moreso than Leaf fans (in Calgary). This time the red tidal wave of cheering might be interrupted... by a tidal wave of cheering that is... red.

The Flames can be a one-line team at times, and with the indefinite loss of Gauthier and several forwards, the roster will be strained even more than in the Vancouver series. I'm sure Calgary will put up the same effort, and they might steal some games... but in the first round the Wings sleeping offensive giant woke up. Kiprusoff will have to be extra mantastic.

fah said:
I'm still going with a Flyers and Wings final.

That seems to be the opinion of the majority. I would tend to agree as well, but out of respect for superstitious practice I will not predict...

Interesting to see no second round predictions or adjusted forecasts.

Interesting.

My predictions for this round:

Detroit vs. Calgary: Detroit in 5
San Jose vs. Colorado: Colorado in 7

Tampa Bay vs. Montreal: Montreal in 7
Philadelphia vs. Toronto: Toronto in 6

Bet on it. :wink:

Last edited:
DaveC said:
My predictions for this round:

Detroit vs. Calgary: Detroit in 5
San Jose vs. Colorado: Colorado in 7

Tampa Bay vs. Montreal: Montreal in 7
Philadelphia vs. Toronto: Toronto in 6

Bet on it. :wink:

Toronto and Montreal would be an OUTSTANDING conference final. :up:

As tradition I won't speculate on the Detroit series, but I think you know where I stand.

San Jose in 6
Philadelphia in 6
Tampa Bay in 6

I realize it looks bad that I said this after many of the series have started, but my thoughts haven't changed based on tonight's results.

the second best thing to the blues winning is detroit losing

way to go flamers, i love ya

I did! :ohmy:

Actually, I expected it. Part of me thought the Avs might pull one of their miracles--but the days of those Avs, the ones who could fight back when they had their backs against the wall, those days are gone. :down: I knew San Jose had it tonight.

I think it's funny how they always share Detroit's fate. Last season, both were eliminated in the first round. This season, the second.

My team has been punished. :up:

I find it sad that I had to turn on them this season, it is certainly Forsberg's last as his house is up for sale. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom