2004 NHL Playoffs - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2004, 10:57 PM   #31
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

Boston over Montreal 4-3 (OT)

good call.

double OT.

Old 04-13-2004, 11:07 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:10 PM

too bad the rest of my picks are sucking.

Did anyone else see when there was an octopus thrown on the ice in Nashville, and they kept playing???

Someone skated over it and totally decapitated it! He was skating backwards and stepped on it and looked down and just stopped and stared at it like...

Old 04-13-2004, 11:18 PM   #33
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:10 PM
octopus?
Old 04-13-2004, 11:21 PM   #34
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:10 PM
I remember when someone threw a stuffed octopus on Patrick Roy and the newscasters were like "Ewwww! Gross! Oh man, that must smell!!"

It was so clearly plush, being tie-dyed, it made me want to purchase glasses for them on the spot.

Apparently those octopi really smell bad, despite the ice.

I know the whole story, but I will never understood the mentality of the first octopus thrower.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:28 PM   #35
Refugee

Local Time: 01:10 PM
The leafs back to back shutouts made me chant Eddie! Eddie! Eddie in my living room.

Bless those Leafs!
Old 04-14-2004, 01:53 AM   #36
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:10 AM
Wow what a rout against the Canucks tonight 4-0. I just can't believe how the Canucks are so bad at bringing the puck in and setting up a point. Without doing this successfully like many other teams are able to do they will never make it to the Cup. Tonight they had no heart imo and not one Canuck player played great yet Igilna was the best in this whole series so far. I didn't get pissed off watching tonight because the Canucks didn't have enough heart for me to care for them. I mean how can you care for something that looks like they don't care that much about their situation do you know what i mean. I had hopes that the infusion of Hedberg would have been some magical injection into the Canucks but they just didn't have it tonight. No matter how bad a goalie plays the rest of the team didn't score a goal. At least where goin back to Vancouver hopefully the crowd will scare the crap out of them into winning.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:10 AM   #37
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
despite coming off three 30 win seasons in a row, something that besides him only Brodeur has ever done
For some reason that doesn't sound right at all. Maybe I'll just go to my namesake for the proof (cujo, 1998-2001). Actually, he was only 2 wins away from 7 years in a row with 30 wins... injury proved the victor.

Anyway...

Quote:

For me, the jury is out on Hedberg. He could take the Canucks far, or he could collapse. This injury could either make or break the Canucks, I suppose. I'm still betting on the former.

PS. Cujo, why have you changed your prediction from "Flames in seven" to "won't speculate"?
Well it's easy to cover your bases on a situation when you can foresee all possibilities. To me Hedberg is a more solid goaltender, in the fact that he can go on streaks that suffocate opposing offenses (maybe not a consistent trait, but one that surfaces more often than in Cloutier's case). I used to be a fan of Cloutier... that emotion seemed to propel his potential... but he seems more complacent now. In any event, I don't think the issue is the Canuck's goaltending... the problem is on the other side of the ice.

I never changed the prediction. Anything I say at the beginning stands... I just don't like to elaborate or discuss it while the series is progressing.

My Plea to all Vancouver fans: Stop saying the Canucks don't have heart.

It's insulting to all parties involved, and implies an attitude of superiority that is not yet deserved.

Ottawa

If you want to win, you have to learn how to score goals against the Leafs at the ACC. You're welcome.

The origin of the octopus

In the old days it took 8 victories to win the stanley cup (compared to the current 16) and it just so happens that an octopus has 8 appendages. Since then the tradition has carried on, no matter how irrelevant. Not as bad as the rats in Florida.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:57 AM   #38
Refugee

Those rats were horrible....who thought that was a good idea anyway?
Old 04-14-2004, 09:48 AM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life

rats have four legs...If you throw four of em' onto the ice, the number of rat feet on the ice equals the number of victories needed for a Stanley Cup. Simple, Florida logic.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:42 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

no no no

it started with mellanby

there was a rat running around in the locker room and so mellanby took a slap shot at it, it hit against the wall and landed in a trash can

the story got out and so people thought it would be cool to throw fake rats on the ice
Old 04-14-2004, 03:43 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

ps - i hate the playoffs
Old 04-16-2004, 02:57 AM   #42
Refugee

The Can'tnucks don't seem to enjoy the playoffs either.

Non-monogaminity cost them.

Game 6, hopefully I will be there.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:26 AM   #43
Refugee

I should be shot, but I'm actually cheering for the flames.....and I live in Edmonton!

Good start for Cujo last night....I'd say that last night was payback for last years first round sweep. Go Cujo!!!
Old 04-16-2004, 09:39 PM   #44
Refugee

I've got tickets for Saturday night, and will be of the small contigent of Edmonton fans still bitter about the beating Vancouver gave to our playoff hopes. That's right Vancity, I will be loathing you 3 tiers up and 3 beers down.

Go Flames.

Even though Joseph didn't see much action, he did show promise. Hopefully the goal support continues... otherwise he'll need to expand his job description. Vindication hasn't been earned yet, and there's plenty left to be proven.

Edgeman.

Old 04-17-2004, 10:10 PM   #45
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:10 PM
New Jersey was eliminated!

This is the happiest playoffs ever.