2003 Dolphin Awards...she won!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I have rambled on here over the years about my husband working at a music college. Each year a new group of hopefuls enrol and are taken through all aspects of the music and recording industry. It is a very detailed and demanding course. As part of it they are required to write and record at least one song and each year the Diploma of Contemporary Music graduates release an album.
Yesterday he bought me home a copy of the 2003 CD "Divergence"..as always very varied, in style and talent. The disc itself is beautiful, I love the colours in the graphic they have used.The launch party is tomorrow night:)
Last year the CD was called "cocktail" it was light blue and featured a cocktail glass...it reminded me of this place. I raved on here once about the talent of one particular student, a girl Erin Woods. She has a lovely voice and lots of spunk( although I remember hub saying she cried a lot during the recording process..it can be taxing...I hear all the stories about the joys and frustrations of the place from him, the students probably don't know how much I know about each of them...every year about this time he says he is gonna quit:heart:.. but he doesn't)

anyway last night was the 2003 Dolphin Awards
http://www.dolphinawards.org.au/

Erin won with her song "This Skin" from the "cocktail "CD. She won the best recording newcomer award. I'm very pleased for her...and the whole campus, it's acknowledgement for them too really.I hope it boosts her potential career along. I shall never forget arriving late at last Year's CD launch and as I walked in, she was singing on a darkened stage , just accompanied by an acoustic guitar player. She was singing "autumn leaves" and went in to "Wayfaring Stranger"..I was so impressed.
Go girl:up:

cheers girls....it would be nice to think so. The Dolphin Awards are pretty much a local thing, but it sure can't hurt to win one. Dianah ah Naid was a previous winner and she was on the national scene for a while.
I didn't go to the CD launch last night, feeling a bit off colour I is. Hub worked a 15 hour day yesterday and another one today...he's like a bear with a sore hernia. Home seems like a good option to me. It's the student's last day today:applaud:

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom