2003/2004 NHL Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the blues are going to take a bite out of the sharks

hahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Cujo, the architecture here is stunning. Well, that goes for all over India, not just where I'm at in Delhi at the very moment. I've driven past the Bahai Temple (aka, the Lotus Temple since it's shaped like a lotus flower) a few times, and it's incredible. I'm going to try and go there today actually and see it up close. The Hindu temples are always a treat, also.

You guys should check out my online journal:

http://www.indiamike.com/india/journal.php?journalid=2688&action=view

Cujo, at the same site, you'll likely find much information for your research.

Oh, at Chiz's request, so I don't get banned....

I think the Flames will be very tough, but so will the Canucks. Vancouver is the hottest team heading into the playoffs, bar none. They did just win 6 in a row after all. Plus they have the "win it for Bertuzzi" X factor going for them.

Last edited:
and what does that have to do with the 2003/2004 NHL season mr griffiths?

i believe a banning for being off topic is in order

mods?

Michael Griffiths said:
Wow, just listened to the 3rd period on the radio. The Canucks win only their 4th division title in franchise history, but end Colorado's (I think 8 time?) reign. AvsGirl, your (ex) team has had an amazing regular season run...and it's nice to finally get them back, especially after last year's bitter ending.

I think they've had a terrible run! They had a few bursts of momentum, especially from Tanguay, Hejduk and Forsberg. Aebischer proved himself a capable goaltender, but otherwise they've been appalling. Kariya and Selanne have been a joke.

Things did not come together. There was no chemistry. And the mid-season roster changes just made a bad situation worse. They completely dismantled the defense. Aebischer hasn't played well since they brought in Salo. The Avs just became a (slightly) cheaper version of the Rangers. :shrug:

It will be interesting to see if any major front office changes. I imagine Granato will take the heat, although I don't think will deserve that. At least people are finally questioning Lacroix's management, but I doubt it will amount to anything, simply because everyone still says "Ray Bourque" and all is forgiven. :rolleyes:

At any rate, Colorado can kiss their championship runs good-bye. Our prospects are gone, our team is aging. Forsberg is probabyl going back to Sweden. Hejduk and Tanguay are both free agents, both are treated pretty shabbily by the front office and would be wise to seek other teams. Work-stoppage or not, this is it for a long time and the Avs have a long, painful road of rebuilding ahead of them.

So with the Oilers out of the playoffs this year, I will be focusing on Toronto and the rest of the Canadian teams in the hunt this year. Toronto is my number 1 pick....but if they fall I will then cheer for any other team from the great white north.

I just hope Toronto doesn't play another Canadian team...even if it means a classic matchup against the Habs.

AvsGirl41 said:

I think they've had a terrible run! They had a few bursts of momentum, especially from Tanguay, Hejduk and Forsberg. Aebischer proved himself a capable goaltender, but otherwise they've been appalling. Kariya and Selanne have been a joke.

Things did not come together. There was no chemistry. And the mid-season roster changes just made a bad situation worse. They completely dismantled the defense. Aebischer hasn't played well since they brought in Salo. The Avs just became a (slightly) cheaper version of the Rangers. :shrug:

It will be interesting to see if any major front office changes. I imagine Granato will take the heat, although I don't think will deserve that. At least people are finally questioning Lacroix's management, but I doubt it will amount to anything, simply because everyone still says "Ray Bourque" and all is forgiven. :rolleyes:

At any rate, Colorado can kiss their championship runs good-bye. Our prospects are gone, our team is aging. Forsberg is probabyl going back to Sweden. Hejduk and Tanguay are both free agents, both are treated pretty shabbily by the front office and would be wise to seek other teams. Work-stoppage or not, this is it for a long time and the Avs have a long, painful road of rebuilding ahead of them.
Wow, quite the response! Would it help if I told you I didn't mean a great run this season, but for the past 9 seasons? haha, cause that's what I meant! Yes, I agree their inconsistency this year was the problem. There were times where they were unstoppable and other times where they just didn't put together the right effort. I'm not sure if it was to do with lack of chemistry though - as many of these players are very close friends (either from Colorado's past teams or from Team Canada tournaments, etc) - which is why I wouldn't consider them the Rangers of the West. And I must disagree with you on Granato - I don't think he has what it takes to coach a team to the promised land, at least not yet. He'll probably get there soon, but he has been out coached numerous times this year...all part of the learning experience I guess.

Last edited:
Edgeman said:
Toronto is my number 1 pick....but if they fall I will then cheer for any other team from the great white north.

I just hope Toronto doesn't play another Canadian team...even if it means a classic matchup against the Habs.

1. So you won't cheer for Vancouver then? (It's hardly ever white in Vancouver...green all year round. :wink: )

2. A Toronto/Habs series would be great...I would love to see the Habs destroy the Leafs! :wink:

the tv told me we're getting a bruins/habs series and that toronto will be playing ottawa

Michael Griffiths said:

Wow, quite the response! Would it help if I told you I didn't mean a great run this season, but for the past 9 seasons? haha, cause that's what I meant! Yes, I agree their inconsistency this year was the problem. There were times where they were unstoppable and other times where they just didn't put together the right effort. I'm not sure if it was to do with lack of chemistry though - as many of these players are very close friends (either from Colorado's past teams or from Team Canada tournaments, etc) - which is why I wouldn't consider them the Rangers of the West. And I must disagree with you on Granato - I don't think he has what it takes to coach a team to the promised land, at least not yet. He'll probably get there soon, but he has been out coached numerous times this year...all part of the learning experience I guess.

Ha ha, I just went a-ranting. :wink:

I do like Granato--I wasn't bashing him, or at least I didn't mean to. I don't think that he should be fired. I hated Hartley and I think Granato is a definite improvement. I do think he needs to assert himself more--he has come off as weak and ineffective, which I don't think he is, but he needs to quit mouthing the scripted crap and do his own thing, quit being Lacroix's puppet.
I don't think a coaching change will improve the team at all, though it wouldn't surprise me if Qunneville shows up in Colorado next season. Colorado loves a good scapegoat and without Skoula, it will probably be Granato who gets the axe!

Being friends is alot different than playing together. The Avs do get along great, but there's just something that's not happening on the ice. Things have not clicked and throwing more new players into the mix just doesn't work--that's why they're like the Rangers. This season it's been "Oh, if we just get a Salo, a Barnaby, then our other names will kick in again." It just doesn't work that way. Kariya and Sakic may be friends off-ice, but on ice it has been less than magic. Likewise with Kariya and Selanne!

I just love that they fell apart with the Skoula trade. It's my wildest fantasies come true--and to hear the cries of Colorado repentance is just a joy. :cute:

Last edited:
I've been accused of rooting for Dallas! :|

I think there's a real difference between cursing your home team and rooting for the opposition!

That's awesome Michael. Hope you're having fun there.

I'm going to try to grab tickets for Game 6 here in Calgary if possible, or necessary. I was at the last Vancouver/Calgary playoff game... if the series goes double overtime in Game 7 I think we'll all go home happy.

:up:

This year, Vancouver hit the bottom of my list... in terms of Canadian teams, I think I'll cheer for Ottawa first.

:sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom