2003/2004 NHL Season - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2003, 01:59 AM   #571
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:36 AM
Where did everyone go? I would have thought there would have been countless more stabs at me by now! I'm in a much better mood today. I dare 'ya to try and get me going!

BTW, Chiz, I was just messing with you. I know you were kidding.

Old 12-11-2003, 02:04 PM   #572
Babyface

Local Time: 07:36 PM
Are you just now realizing that your posts about the superiority of the Canucks to every NHL team ever drives people away? It's fine to have allegiance to a team, clearly we all understand that, but when it becomes "Mats Sundin clipped his fingernails today! How PHENOMINAL!!!!!" it gets to be a bit much. A good team is a good team, and yes the Canucks are a good team, but we like our teams, too, and want to talk about them in here without getting a "yeah your team did that, but look at MINE!" The Leafs may not be the most solid team since Christmas 2001, but I like them. The Blues don't have playoff success, but Mr. Chizip likes them. The Wild aren't doing well this season, but Lemon Meringue loves them still. We love our teams just as much as you love the Canucks.

Old 12-11-2003, 02:58 PM   #573
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Yes, thank-you for your reprimanding, officer. I do like, though, how you completely ignore all the trash talk last year that initially set up our rivalry. I don't think I'm entirely to blame...but we all need someone to blame, don't we?
Old 12-11-2003, 04:59 PM   #574
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:36 PM
is it just me or does it seem painfully obvious that "elite" is someone's alter and they're just trying to mess with griffiths?

or is it so obviously a joke that it's actually a real person?
Old 12-11-2003, 05:28 PM   #575
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
is it just me or does it seem painfully obvious that "elite" is someone's alter and they're just trying to mess with griffiths?

or is it so obviously a joke that it's actually a real person?
I think either way, it's still a "real" person!

I still think it's a bit hypocritical for people to act like I'm the only one who is involved in these debates/arguments, etc. Afterall, it takes two (or three or four or five...) people to have an argument. If anything, it's everyone else who takes stabs at me rather than the other way around. Hmmm...who has it more fair - all of you (5 people against one) or me (against all of you)? And you wonder why I get defensive! I think it's super hypocritical that Elite neglects to mention all the jabs and stabs I receive about the Canucks on a continual basis just to get a reaction out of me. So I must ask...what do you (Elite and others) expect? Of course, this is par for course, but then to act like it's totally all my doing, is quite ridiculous to say the least. And you know it.
Old 12-11-2003, 05:44 PM   #576
Blue Crack Addict

i agree with elite

appears to me whoever it is is an "elite" poster
Old 12-11-2003, 06:42 PM   #577
Babyface

Fair enough. Jabbing is a fun part of rivalries/sports, so everyone does it. We could go back and find out who originally said what to whom but that would be pointless, no? But if you look, I never said anything about jabbing at one another. I said that nonstop posting about the superiority of a team, celebrating their every move, and any time anyone posts anything about their team talking about how the Canucks can do it bigger, better, and more consistently gets irritating.

Now, let's get over this and back to hockey.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:03 PM   #578
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Elite
Fair enough. Jabbing is a fun part of rivalries/sports, so everyone does it. We could go back and find out who originally said what to whom but that would be pointless, no? But if you look, I never said anything about jabbing at one another. I said that nonstop posting about the superiority of a team, celebrating their every move, and any time anyone posts anything about their team talking about how the Canucks can do it bigger, better, and more consistently gets irritating.

Now, let's get over this and back to hockey.
1) I don't care who started the rivalry. That wasn't my point. The point was (and is) that the rivalry exists due to everyone involved, not just me.

2) You falsely accuse me: I don't think I have ever jumped on anyone for posting about their team. The only time I ever compare the Canucks to someone else's team is if they've criticized the Canucks and have drawn me into some debate or argument. If anyone wants to celebrate their team, I'm all for it. If you don't want me to celebrate mine, then I have to ask why not? Do I detect a little jealousy?

3) I agree: let's get back to hockey.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:15 PM   #579
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Speaking of celebrations, let's hope the Avs/Canucks game tonight provides much reason to do exactly that...

Ah, you guys should simply kick back and enjoy my enthusiasm for the Canucks. If anything, I put myself out on the line to be ridiculed each and everytime I lavish them with praise. If they lose tonight, you can all point and laugh at me. Isn't that worth it?
Old 12-11-2003, 09:44 PM   #580
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Well, both Vancouver's goalies are injured... Cloutier (groin) and Hedberg (wrist). Consequently, Alex Auld of the Manitoba Moose is starting tonight! I have faith in the kid, though. This should be a great test for him!

I love it when Burnaby Joe comes home. Too bad Kariya couldn't have done the same. This will be one great game!
Old 12-12-2003, 12:32 AM   #581
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:36 PM
And AvsGirl manages to miss the game...
Old 12-12-2003, 01:19 AM   #582
Rock n' Roll Doggie

The.....Best.....Game.....Of.....The.....Year.....Period.

This is proof that lack of scoring isn't the problem in the league. It's the style of play. Despite being a 1-1 tie, this game had it all. Numerous chances, great goaltending, hard hitting, intensity, incredible moves by skilled players. After the game, the commentators said, "Forget the NHL changing the rules. Just send them a tape of this game!" I wish Vancouver and Colorado played each other all season long. The crowd gave a standing ovation after the game, even though it was a tie. How often do you see 10 shots in OT?

To give credit where credit is due, David Aebischer was brilliant, stopping 38 shots. The shots were 20-6 for Vancouver in the 3rd period alone!

If only the entire NHL played like that every night. AvsGirl - shame on you for missing this incredible game!
Old 12-12-2003, 11:12 AM   #583
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:36 PM
i cant believe i missed the best game of the year.

a statistical determination of eliteness.

sagarin rankings
Old 12-12-2003, 11:51 AM   #584
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
The.....Best.....Game.....Of.....The.....Year.....Period.

This is proof that lack of scoring isn't the problem in the league. It's the style of play. Despite being a 1-1 tie, this game had it all. Numerous chances, great goaltending, hard hitting, intensity, incredible moves by skilled players.
Sounds a bit like the Wild V. Avalanche or Wild V. Vancouver games during the playoffs last year!
Old 12-12-2003, 01:42 PM   #585
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

Sounds a bit like the Wild V. Avalanche or Wild V. Vancouver games during the playoffs last year!
From a Wild's fan perspective, if I may, I would totally agree with you because you guys had each of us (the Canucks and the Avs) at your mercy with your game plan...even when you were down 3 games to 1. From a Canucks' fan perspective, though, it was really frustrating to play against that system. While the Wild/Canucks games have been very exciting, for different reasons, The Avs/Canucks games I've seen are also very exciting, also for different reasons. The Avs/Canucks match ups are exciting (for me, a Canucks fan), because they have much more deep forechecking (a lot less hanging back and waiting in the neutral zone) than the other matchups do... just a different type of hockey, that's all... I guess it's just a matter of personal preference in the end and which style your own team plays and wins with. The Wild are a very good team (they beat two great teams in the 1st and 2nd round, afterall), and one of the Canucks biggest adversaries.