2003/2004 NHL Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My world is being turned upside down...Avsgirl doesn't like the avs...Griff is posting about how the Canucks are horrible at the moment....what next?

how about that post up there^, a display of some kind of knowledge by me...your world continues to collapse around you. it's a conspiracy, edgeman. *scary music* ooooeeewwwaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooooo

;)

Bruins-Isles delayed due to hole in ice

By IRA PODELL, AP Sports Writer
February 24, 2004
UNIONDALE, N.Y. (AP) -- The game between the Boston Bruins and New York Islanders was delayed 90 minutes Tuesday night because of a hole in the ice around one of the goal creases.

After an Arena Football game was played at Nassau Coliseum on Sunday, the playing surface was changed over from turf to ice on Monday. The ice didn't freeze sufficiently, and when the Zamboni resurfaced the ice in the time leading up to Tuesday's game, one of the blades cut a hole.

``Basically, the ice is too thin,'' said Scott Mullen, Nassau Coliseum's general manager.

After the New York Dragons played football on Sunday, debris from the turf that generally falls below toward the ice surface was cut out, Mullen said.

The ice is supposed to be about 1 1/2 inches thick, but it was thinner than that when the Zamboni flooded the surface early Tuesday night.

``The blade on the Zamboni is a little bit cockeyed and gouged out a part of the crease,'' Mullen said of the area around the goal that the Islanders defend for two periods.

Several workers attended to the problem during the delay, and Islanders general manager Mike Milbury, linesman Ray Scapinello, and NHL hockey operations associate Claude Loiselle surveyed the damage and worked out a plan to get the game under way.

Players from both teams finally came out for warmups at 7:54, nearly 90 minutes after they were scheduled to take the ice.

When they got out there, the goal area on the right side of the rink was surrounded by orange pylons and white gates more commonly found around staircases to keep young children away from harm.

The net, that players practiced shooting at, was moved out in front of the damaged area. Halfway through the 15-minute warmup session, the teams switched sides so the goalies would have equal time to get ready under regular conditions.

During the changeover, Islanders goalie Rick DiPietro and Boston counterpart Felix Potvin stopped briefly to chat.

Once warmups were completed, the two Zambonis came out again to resurface the ice.

Updated on Tuesday, Feb 24, 2004 8:38 pm EST

Let's Go Sharks!!! Stanley Cup contenders there.I just hope they can keep going with out Mike Ricci out of the line up.I'm sure Aly Macauley,Scott Thornton,and Vincent DAmphousse will keep the team strong.As for my other team the Kings..i don't know about them.I'll just keep my eyes on the Sharks at the moment.L8R!!!

Patrick Marleau has also been playing well. I say go Sharks!!

Hey, maybe they should be my new team...hmm... :hmm: Maybe I should just root for California as a whole, as I've always had a fondness for the Kings. :wink:

I've always loved the Toronto logo/jersey. Classic. :up:

I feel so lost without a team. Maybe I should go for the moderator job, I'm utterly neutral now. :wink:

I also notice that I do not have anything Leafs about my Sig, or Avatar...and that is because of two reasons.

1. I couldn't get a good looking "Go Leafs Go" sig pic in time...or a right size Leafs logo for an Avatar (Can I get some help with that?)

2. Even if I could find a good Sig picture, I couldn't use it due to my regular member stats...oh well.

Apparently, the Red Wings were interested in Skoula and made several offers, but stupid Pierre "we are rivals" Lacroix refused to take one.

I wish he had gone to the Wings. I would have bought a Red Wings Skoula jersey so fast! It would have been the most hated jersey in Denver. What a pity. :(

I have a original Sharks jersey with #91 for their first season in the NHL.I also attened their first game at the San Jose Arena*when it was still called that*,and got a game program autographed.It's pretty awesome.My next adventure is going to the Staples Center to see a Kings game.That would rock.BTW,i see Gretzky get his 801 goal at the Shark Tank.I was going crazy inside because i liked both teams and couldn't pick who to root for.I was:eyebrow: .I stuck with my Sharks the whole time.I didn't want to look like the odd one in a sea of Sharks fans at the home rink.Oh why am i so confuzzled!...

You saw Wayne's 801st goal!! That's awesome. I remember seeing the highlights of that. Wasn't he spectacular to watch? By the way, your Sharks continually give my Canucks a tough go. Finally the Canucks beat them for the first time this season last night! The Whale outdooled the Shark! I love the battle of the West Coast teams.

And AvsGirl - The Wings' jersey is pretty classic. Overall, I'd say it's the best looking jersey in the NHL. I've never cared for the Leafs' jersey... but there again, I'm biased against them. I think it has something to do with this self-proclamation of being "Canada's Team" that irritates me.

As for your disownage of the Avs, you can always cheer for good guys up North - the Canucks! Okay, okay, I know that would be difficult for you. But we do have a style of play that is very similar to your ex-team. And we do have a Swedish captain, just like you did. Of course, our salary is much less... but that just gives us the underdog quality which is always a good selling point. Everyone likes to see the underdog winning. Unfortunately, I won't be around this playoffs to witness it! What a pity, indeed (that's my line, by the way! :wink: ).

If anyone was watching the Toronto vs. New Jersey game today on CBC, you heard one of the loudest Eddie! Eddie! chants I have ever heard. The last 2 minutes of the game, Ed Belfour was elevated by the crowd with the eddie eddie chant....gotta love this game!

I also watched the third period of the Vancouver vs. St. Louis game. Osgood and Hedburg were amazing! Even though Vancouver was dominating the play...what a third period.

I have cursed the Avs indeed.

They go down to the Blue Jackets for the first time in history.

Where's your scapegoat now? Livin' it up in Anaheim. Where's your "improved defense"? Oh, letting in 5 f-ing goals.

What goes around, comes around!!

Michael Griffiths said:
And AvsGirl - The Wings' jersey is pretty classic. Overall, I'd say it's the best looking jersey in the NHL. I've never cared for the Leafs' jersey... but there again, I'm biased against them. I think it has something to do with this self-proclamation of being "Canada's Team" that irritates me.

As for your disownage of the Avs, you can always cheer for good guys up North - the Canucks! Okay, okay, I know that would be difficult for you. But we do have a style of play that is very similar to your ex-team. And we do have a Swedish captain, just like you did. Of course, our salary is much less... but that just gives us the underdog quality which is always a good selling point. Everyone likes to see the underdog winning. Unfortunately, I won't be around this playoffs to witness it! What a pity, indeed (that's my line, by the way! :wink: ).

I've always thought the Red Wings jersey rather unattractive--everyone likes it, but it's always bugged me. It's classic though. I think if they didn't wear all red, it would be better.

The Canucks have a nice jersey as well, I like the whale. :up:
The Avalanche had a hideous jersey. I always thought our logo and stuff was dumb. I don't know how I feel about rooting for them though.

Sakic is Captain of the Avs. :) Forsberg is only alternate. I guess he's not calm enough. Oddly though, it's when he's out that we lose.

AvsGirl41 said:

They go down to the Blue Jackets for the first time in history.

went to game lat night! we finally beat the avs. oh, it it took 3 or 4 years to do so. that's not that bad? lol

i wish the bluejackets were better so we could tone down all the news we get on ohio state everyday.

Woohoo!!! Shutout for the Sharks.1-0 vs. the Blues.First shutout in a regular season game.How sweet is that!!I think my Sharks are top notch Stanley Cup contenders this year.TAKING A "CHOMP" OUT OF THE COMPTITION.

shutting out the blues is nothing special

its the second game in a row for them

they have been shutout 7 times in the past 38 games

its terrible to watch, we used to be so exciting, but now when i watch i just want to puke

gonchar seychas igraet v bostone

i saidthat today in russian class and i forgot the word for "plays" :der:

on igraet sevodnya vecherom :up:

playing in the game that NESN isn't broadcasting because baseball exhibition games are more important :down:

I love this time of year....not so much the day of the deadline, but the week...and even month leading up to the deadline is just awesome.

Nice to see Leetch in a Leafs uniform.

Also nice to see the Juss back on the luss in E-town!

AvsGirl41 said:
Any good Russian would know what you meant. :up:

my professor has gotten used to my way of speaking, which usually involes grunting the words i'm sure of just a bit louder than the ones i'm not so sure of. i can write it, i can read it, but i sure as hell can't speak.

she had no idea what i was talking about. that's the last time i volunteer to say anything when we're going through the 'how is everybody' shit in the beginning of class.

buuut....

gonchar did score a goal.

now i'll be damned if i know how to say that in russian. i can however say that the bruins won. i don't know if i can say they beat the rangers, cos once i tried saying something like that and the professor thought i was saying the russian verb that sounds like 'beat', and corrected me quickly that they didn't actually kill the other team...

you can tell it's nearly 4am because i am rambling in a thread where i don't belong.

uhh....yeah.

adios. er....do cvidanya.

Yep, the Wild have traded 5 players, including Zholi...all for draft picks. Its a draft picik bonanza. Zholi is the only one that I'm a bit upset about. The rest of them were baggage. All of them had contracts running out this season, so getting the picks for them is advantagous for the Wild.

The 5 players were:
Hendrickson and Marshall (from the Aeros)
Dowd
Zholtak
Bombadir

Oh man. Did anyone see Marco Strum's ankle injury tonight? :barf:

I think Jeremy Roenick loses "most gruesome injury" out to him, although it's a close call...but Strum was actually screaming on the ice, so I think he wins.

Back
Top Bottom