2003/2004 NHL Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was hoping that I would open this thread and would see either Lilly and/or LemonPie talking St. Louis/Minnesota smack!!!! :D :D

We didn't want to brag. :wink:

They'll just blow the next game anyway. And the next game is not on TV for some STUPID reason. :angry:

Last edited:
Lilly said:
did the rangers look good or was it an off night for the canucks?

we play them on wednesday, and i've heard that this really hasn't been a rangers season, but that they've been battling back 9 times as hard as they need to be and that they're just creaming everyone in their paths.

i don't like that they won over the canucks....
Long-winded answer: The Rangers caught the Canucks thinking they could just waltz into Madison Square Garden, skate around like they do with their families at a Canucks for Kids event, and walk away with 2 points. Conversely, the Rangers came in on a mission, and played one of their best games of the season. These two diametrically opposed forces combined to hand the Canucks a nice slap in their collective face. Unfortunately, it didn't wake them up because, hey, they're "just the Rangers."

Short answer: It was a bit of both.

The truth is anyone can beat the Rangers, but anyone can also lose to the Rangers. It's really up to the team playing them!

despite what the commercials say, listening to games on nhl.com is not fun.

Michael Griffiths said:
The truth is anyone can beat the Rangers, but anyone can also lose to the Rangers. It's really up to the team playing them!

we always play poorly against bad teams.

it's our style this year.

we gotta live up this win cos it might not come so beautifully for a looooonnng time

We (minnesota) have the Stanley Cup...and you are going to have to catch us to get it back!

2cup04.l.jpg

Edmonton beats a slumping St. Louis Blues team...shoot fish in a barrel?

Toronto goes down hard....but they'll live.

Classy picture Zoney!

Lilly said:

we always play poorly against bad teams.

it's our style this year.

we gotta live up this win cos it might not come so beautifully for a looooonnng time
I can relate to the whole playing poorly against bad teams thing. It's our style, too. Playing down to the lowest common denominator seems to be a popular activity in these parts. The Canucks lose to the NYR who are horrible, and then sholack the defending Stanley Cup Champions, NJ, as though they were an AHL team. It leaves me quite confused...and frustrated at times.

By the way, how do you feel about a Canuck (Naslund) being the team Captain for the home team in Minnesota this Sunday!

Given the Canucks/Wild rivalry, I'm expecting Bertuzzi to be booed, despite playing for the "home" team, even if he scores...correction: especially if he scores!

:wink:

Last edited:
Well guys, and girls, I am finally going to an Edmonton Oilers game this season. Boy do I know the right people in this city. A good friend of mine fell into some wicked seats for tonights game against the Atlanta Thrashers. When I say wicked..I mean ROW 6 behind the players box!!!! Gold club seats baby!!!

So look out for the Edgeman on rogers sportsnet tonight at 8 mountain.....he'll be wearing an Oilers 3rd jersey, with glasses and a goatee...btw I'm a bigger guy :wink:

I had 11th row tickets to the Av's game behind the penalty box against Carolina last week. They were awesome

We are going to see the evil Canucks when they come to town to play our nice Wild boys next Thursday. I can't wait. Win or lose, it will be great. :up: Seats aren't too bad...6th row just to the right of the goalie.

Why does everyone get good tickets but me? :mad:

The last time I went, I sat in the second level of the Pepsi Center. I was on the edge, at least, but never once have I been 6 rows back from anything. :angry:

Only at the $5.00 Superskills Competition, which they don't do anymore. :down:

i might get to go to a bruins game on march 13th...no freaking clue where the seats are (i know where they are cos the site tells you, but i can't figure it out in relation to the chart on the bruins site..i'm dumb like that), it's a deal off the dropkick murphys site cos there's a thing with a bunch of reserved seats for the dkm fans who are around that weekend for the dkm shows...that would be cool, the game is in the afternoon before the show that i'm going to. :p

Last edited:
Lemon Meringue said:
We are going to see the evil Canucks when they come to town to play our nice Wild boys next Thursday. I can't wait. Win or lose, it will be great. :up: Seats aren't too bad...6th row just to the right of the goalie.
Why does everyone else outside of BC get to watch my Canucks, but not me? :sad:

Say hi to Nazzy for me. Speaking of whom, I have decided he is the best player in the world today. :up:

Well....the game was....AWESOME!!

Not only did the Oilers win 5-1....but there was a line brawl at the end of the 3rd....GOALIE FIGHT!!!

not to mention that one fight spilled over into the Atlanta bench....and kept going!

Place was jumping like it was the playoffs after that! I was sitting just off the corner of the players box...sweet!

Yeah, saw the highlights of that brawl tonight. That was crazy... especially the guy who ended up in the opposition's bench, and was pumbled while in enemy territory.... with his legs flailing around. Good times....

Ummmm did you watch the rest of that fight? He got up and but the lickin' on the Atlanta player...while in the bench. Old Time Hockey guys and gals!

i don't have a tv...so i went upstairs to the second floor lounge to watch some of the bruins game on tv...

a person who i am dubbing campus' stupidest girl walked into the lounge and asked who was playing...she saw the OTT abbreviation for ottawa and asked who it was cos she didn't know. then she asked me who ottawa was...that was fine, if you had asked me last year i probably couldn't have answered you.

no, she meant who was ottawa in the "where is ottawa" sense...

so i said ontario

but she didn't know where that was either

i was worried she wasn't going to know where canada was either

:der:

i understand that geography isn't everyone's strong suit, but how the fuck do you make it to college without knowing that? i wonder if she knows england is in europe...

As sad as that is, it doesnt surprise me. I think the majority of people dont care about anything other than what's right in front of their face.

By the way, I watched some of the Rangers/Flyers game tonight :up:

IWasBored said:
i don't have a tv...so i went upstairs to the second floor lounge to watch some of the bruins game on tv...

a person who i am dubbing campus' stupidest girl walked into the lounge and asked who was playing...she saw the OTT abbreviation for ottawa and asked who it was cos she didn't know. then she asked me who ottawa was...that was fine, if you had asked me last year i probably couldn't have answered you.

no, she meant who was ottawa in the "where is ottawa" sense...

so i said ontario

but she didn't know where that was either

i was worried she wasn't going to know where canada was either

:der:

i understand that geography isn't everyone's strong suit, but how the fuck do you make it to college without knowing that? i wonder if she knows england is in europe...

You should have told her all Canadian hockey players come from Igloos, and that it snows all the time immediately after you cross the 49th Parallel.

Way too funny. These things only serve to fuel the stereotypes Canadians have of Americans! (all in good fun, of course...)

:laugh:

and she would have believed me. it would have been awesome. next time, next time. and i'm sure there will be a next time. i can't watch games on tuesdays cos american idol is on and there's a crowd of people, leaving me outnumbered for the tv...:angry:

Hockey converts! :up:

I missed the St. Louis-Avs game tonight, cause I was driving home from work when it started and then I had dinner and Ecology homework. I think my dad taped it, but it loses the thrill when it's not live. :shrug:

Did anyone catch The Season? I didn't think it was as good as the Red Wings episode--alot of typical Avs front office propaganda--but I about died during the Halloween party...
Kariya really did have the best costume, but Sakic and Selanne came in at a close second.

Wow! The Wild shut-out the Oilers tonight. We usually have a tough time against them. Nice to see Roli have some offensive support for a change.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom